Congrats to VMP

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
when you consider the ratio of men to women in racing it is very disproportionate..it has nothing to do with the ability of the female sex to race but rather other factors,disinterest,lack of opportunity,not enough nerve etc...
for those of us who do race,male or female, we are aware that it is a very dangerous sport where anything can happen in a split second

there have been many females throughout history to have the distinction of being the first female to accomplish something that is a male dominated field...usually there was more of a fanfare than a post on a message board.

no one cracked jokes about Beefcakes accomplishment which he felt was noteworthy or he would not have posted it.. why then did my thread have to be side tracked by jokes about pre op transvestites? it was disrespectful and inappropriate..

Rebecca is a beautiful young lady who is a wife and mother.. she accomplished something that gave her distinction as being the first to do it..as a female.. I applaud that...:burnout:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
when you consider the ratio of men to women in racing it is very disproportionate..it has nothing to do with the ability of the female sex to race but rather other factors,disinterest,lack of opportunity,not enough nerve etc...
for those of us who do race,male or female, we are aware that it is a very dangerous sport where anything can happen in a split second

there have been many females throughout history to have the distinction of being the first female to accomplish something that is a male dominated field...usually there was more of a fanfare than a post on a message board.

no one cracked jokes about Beefcakes accomplishment which he felt was noteworthy or he would not have posted it.. why then did my thread have to be side tracked by jokes about pre op transvestites? it was disrespectful and inappropriate..

Rebecca is a beautiful young lady who is a wife and mother.. she accomplished something that gave her distinction as being the first to do it..as a female.. I applaud that...:burnout:

could possibly be because VMP already started their own thread 2 days before you did and it's just a few posts down???

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/723543-vmps-rouscharged-2011-5-0l-10s.html

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
and that is relevant in what way? I can not give her my personal congrats? as one female racer to another

just relevant in the respect that you asked why and referenced my thread.

I started a thread of my own, and got some congrats, vmp started their own thread and got some congrats. might have been easier to go to their thread,

i don't know, you just asked why and i was giving ya a possible reason..

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
let it up to the boys to crap in my thread..are you trying to minimalize what a female driver accomplished ?

hey start your own thread for the pre op boy :poke:

What? Put it in Drive and hit the gas! ;-)

Seriously. Congrats again here too! You did Great!

But I do know how easy these new automatic Mustangs turn 10's. My old 07 Saleen Supercharged was ripping 10.70's with the stock 5 speed automatic and stock converter....fun a few times....but after awhile...pretty boring. These new automatic stangs do it with no crazy all over the track antics...you just turn the tc off...do a third gear burnout....stage...keep it in drive and floor it. Nothing like what you would need to do 20 years ago to turn 10's.
Ford really has been doing such an amazing job.

DIB5.0

Established Member
Please next time do not congratulate anyone anymore and save yourself all this drama. Lord.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
What? Put it in Drive and hit the gas! ;-)

Seriously. Congrats again here too! You did Great!

But I do know how easy these new automatic Mustangs turn 10's. My old 07 Saleen Supercharged was ripping 10.70's with the stock 5 speed automatic and stock converter....fun a few times....but after awhile...pretty boring. These new automatic stangs do it with no crazy all over the track antics...you just turn the tc off...do a third gear burnout....stage...keep it in drive and floor it. Nothing like what you would need to do 20 years ago to turn 10's.
Ford really has been doing such an amazing job.

that was my other point but it got overshadowed by the sillyness

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Its all good Linn! Rebecca did an awesome job! Are you racing at all still Linn?

havent had anything to race since we sold the 03 Cobra..we have been so busy that we never had time to really get any of our projects done and ended up selling them.. you know how that goes.. guys come into the shop and say "hey you want to sell that?" LOL so down the road they go..currently we have a 94 Lighting and 93 Fox projects that are now sidetracked by our 2011 5.0

I'm really looking forward to getting our 5.0 out there when it is ready...I didnt even think I wanted to get another stang but as much as I hate to say it.. the Ford commercial really got to me...so here we are with a 2011 GT

Im really impresed with the car and excited to be in on the ground floor with all the others who are pushing them and seeing great results..I am really proud of Ford for this generation of Mustangs.. when I owned my Lincoln Mercury dealership my biggest complaint with them was not having much distinction between the GT and Cobra.. but with the 03 Cobra they started and havent looked back..as a long time stang lover who has owned many generations of stangs.. I have to say ..this model year's stangs are remarkable..

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
havent had anything to race since we sold the 03 Cobra..we have been so busy that we never had time to really get any of our projects done and ended up selling them.. you know how that goes.. guys come into the shop and say "hey you want to sell that?" LOL so down the road they go..

I'm really looking forward to getting our 5.0 out there when it is ready...I didnt even think I wanted to get another stang but as much as I hate to say it.. the Ford commercial really got to me...so here we are with a 2011 GT

Im really impresed with the car and excited to be in on the ground floor with all the others who are pushing them and seeing great results..I am really proud of Ford for this generation of Mustangs.. when I owned my Lincoln Mercury dealership my biggest complaint with them was not having much distinction between the GT and Cobra.. but with the 03 Cobra they started and havent looked back..as a long time stang lover who has owned many generations of stangs.. I have to say ..this model year's stangs are remarkable..

it's hard not to love these cars, between the interior, the exterior, and powertrain, they are simply bad ass

whats funny, my 08 vette with 589 rwhp and about 300 pounds lighter with me in it, than this car with 528rwhp, running the same numbers at the track, and i think there are 2 more tenths in the car the way it sits.

the combo is just working well.

kinda like toyota advertising more hp in their trucks than ford, but they won't pull more.

ford has been great at making stuff work.

now, if the bottom end and tranny can hold up for at least a year, i'll be really happy, lol

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I hear ya on the tranny and the bottom end...

it is really our jobs as a performance shops to push the limits of these vehicles.. Im really looking forward to doing that.. we are taking our time and plotting our path..deciding which products we want to use to arrive at our goals..some of those companies are still getting thier products to market so we are waiting on a few components

we will be keeping everyone updated on our progress

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
you should be fine with these new 5.0 engines and 6 speed automatics. If my old 07 automatic held up with no problems turning 10.70's. I think these new Mustangs will do low 10's high 9's and last awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread