Considering a Mach 1...Tough Choice

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
There's now way your bolt on Mach 1 beat a new SS Camaro. A Camaro SS makes 426 hp and 420 tq, while your bolt on Mach 1 maybe makes 350 hp and 320 tq. I don't think any of you Mach 1 buddies will even believe that one, but nice try.:poke:

Was this a serious comment? Because it really tells a lot about you if it is...

OP it sounds like you just want a fast car, so I'd go with the WS6. Otherwise, you have a sexy ass 4v, just slap on a supercharger and enjoy the Cobra. Getting a Mach because you're not excited by the Cobra is a bad idea. You'll just end up wanting a ws6 still. I'm not all too familiar with how much mods and what power you can make easily in a ws6 but from what I've read seems it's easier to make more with just as much money.

I'm not saying I would trade my Mach for a ws6, but it seems for what you want that would be better for you. I do love a nice ws6 though.

Last edited:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Well with port work to the heads and a different set of cams, what kinda power is the Mach capable of? If I were to get one it wouldn't see a track, so I don't need monster power to be king of the hill. That said, I do want a strong street car that people would at least think twice about testing. My '96 Z28 put down 362rwhp/379rwtq with some fuel issues. If the Mach could achieve #'s like that I would strongly consider it.

There's a thread that NA SVT made where he helped a guy get some custom grinds(stock heads) and he has a short runner intake a Cai and a tune and he made 375rwhp. Oh yea 42# injectors also.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

memach1

Established Member
if you are not a "ford man" get the ws6. hp per dollar is way beyond the mach1. i wanted a gto some kind of bad after selling my mach1 but ended with a 01 cobra because i only paid $8k for it.

Users who are viewing this thread