converter question

Steve_S

Established Member
I currently have a Circle D 4C converter in my 14 GT. If I was to go FI, which would work the best with the 4C? Paxton, Turbo, or a supercharger like a TVS or Whipple? I'm not wanting to pull the converter and get it restalled. Not certain about doing this, just want to know. Thanks.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Do not base the power adder around the converter. Do it the other way around. Pick the power adder you really want.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
It will help a Paxton or turbo more since they don't make as much boost as a tvs at low rpms.

hotrod_renegade

Established Member
I run the 4C with my Vortech, per my tuner's recommendation. I drive mostly on the street with it, but it's not daily driven. It works awesome.

Steve_S

Established Member
Im not sure how FI tunes work, but with my AED NA tune, the converter locks after the 1-2 shift so the stall is really only in 1st. Turbo is my first choice but the cost of the Paxton set up is attractive. I know both will put a rod through the block!

Last edited:

blksnke2

Established Member
Chris at Circle D recommended the 3C for my street driven Procharger car.

RJ13GT

Established Member
I run a 3c with my procharger. I went from 2.0x to 1.6x 60'. If you drag race with a centri you will want a converter. A centri needs rpm to make power and your 60' will be as slow as a stock car until you install a converter.

Last edited:

Steve_S

Established Member
These circle d converters must be really efficient at low load rpm, honestly I can't really tell it has a converter in it just tooling around.

RJ13GT

Established Member
I almost forget I put a converter in while just driving around with the 3c. Now I see why a lot of people go straight for the 5c.

Users who are viewing this thread