Coolant Crossover Pipe

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I need to chase the threads with a tap on the plug bung. I can't get my new plug tightened up. Does anyone happen to know what size tap I'd need?
IMG_20180513_164752975_LL.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tillerman77

Established Member
If no one knows, how about taking the cap to a machine shop or even (possibly) NAPA to have them match it up? Also, MMR might be able to tell you (assuming the initials on the cap are from them).

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
also, there was a guy on here selling stainless plugs for these. some without the hole for a sensor and some with. he would know the thread size. cannot recall who that was...sorry.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
How hard is it to find a replacement pipe complete? Just wondering because I need to take my plug out and I am afraid it will need heat.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
How hard is it to find a replacement pipe complete? Just wondering because I need to take my plug out and I am afraid it will need heat.
Mine was bad enough that I broke a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter off in it. I just used a propane torch and some vice grips and it came right out. I would only replace it if it gets absolutely mangled in the process.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
The engine and engine bay is very clean and I didn't want to mess up the looks of the pipe if I can help it. Just trying to look ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread