Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills man

FJohnny

Established Member
You mentioned that earlier in the thread, and are certainly entitled to your opinion. I suppose there is always the chance that she is color blind.

He's right. Red/green color blindness is the most common and occurs more often than people realize.

That mat might well have looked bright green to her. A strong defense strategy that should ensure aquittal. Just a bit of bad luck, that's all. I might nip out today and get the most multicolored and garish mat I can find for my place. Why take chances?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
You mentioned that earlier in the thread, and are certainly entitled to your opinion. I suppose there is always the chance that she is color blind.

A mat on the ground/floor does not necessarily stick out. Color aside, unless you walk with your head down, are purposely looking for the mat or walking a long distance on a flat ground well before the mat, it will be a non issue for most people. If the door is red, well, that would be a different story since it is right in her f.o.v. BTW, red is not necessarily a color which sticks out all surroundings considered.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
A mat on the ground/floor does not necessarily stick out. Color aside, unless you walk with your head down, are purposely looking for the mat or walking a long distance on a flat ground well before the mat, it will be a non issue for most people. If the door is red, well, that would be a different story since it is right in her f.o.v. BTW, red is not necessarily a color which sticks out all surroundings considered.

Again, I dont think you saw the vid I saw. Shows the whole length of the neutral colored hallway, and you clearly see a red door mat. You can't miss it. If you are putting a key/card in the door, you would need to look down to insert said key/card.
You like to argue with everyone about every little thing though, so I'm just gonna drop it.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Again, I dont think you saw the vid I saw. Shows the whole length of the neutral colored hallway, and you clearly see a red door mat. You can't miss it. If you are putting a key/card in the door, you would need to look down to insert said key/card.
You like to argue with everyone about every little thing though, so I'm just gonna drop it.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and you just admitted the color of the mat is nothing significant. Thank you.

FJohnny

Established Member
There's more than one way to skin a cat and you just admitted the color of the mat is nothing significant. Thank you.

Umpire's decision:

One point awarded to 98svt for trying to defuse a pointless argument and take the high road.

One penalty point deducted from SolarYellow for trying to claim victory for the same.

Resume play, gentlemen.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I don't really see any foul play on the surface of this. Just an overworked person who was too tired to make a good judgement call.

That, though, is a problem in itself. If this woman was that overworked, then that is at risk behavior. Someone with the authority to use deadly force should not be working that many hours. We don't allow pilots and commercial drivers to do it, why is it acceptable for someone whose job requires them to carry a loaded weapon to do so?

Does she bear the full blame or does the department have liability given the fact she was allowed to work so many hours?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I did? Me thinks you read into things too much.

Do you ever stop?

Yes you did. Think of how many times you step on a colored doormat w/o stopping and giving it the once over. I bet you do it more than you realize or care to admit. Tell me the door is red and that I'd find problematic. I watched the video from the link (when it was first posted) and TBH unless I was looking for it, I wouldn't have noticed it. You want to burn her at the stake and that's reasonable but maintain focus on what matters.

FJohnny

Established Member
The civil case brought by the victim's family will surely include the city, the police dept. the apartment building and anyone else the lawyers think have deep pockets. The more targets, the bigger payout.

They will ask who trained her, who supplied the weapon, was it mandatory that she carry it for the job and to home, etc. and then maintain that none of these parties did a good enough job of training, testing and all to ensure the safety of the public. Which in the end is not possible in a rare and extreme circumstance such as this anyway. And there may just be an element of truth somewhere there. All parties will end up kicking in $$$ for the settlement because of the high cost of litigation and the family will hit the lottery, probably deservedly.

And the taxpayers will share the cost at a few bucks apiece and off we go until the next one.

A sad and sorry mess.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I don't really see any foul play on the surface of this. Just an overworked person who was too tired to make a good judgement call.

That, though, is a problem in itself. If this woman was that overworked, then that is at risk behavior. Someone with the authority to use deadly force should not be working that many hours. We don't allow pilots and commercial drivers to do it, why is it acceptable for someone whose job requires them to carry a loaded weapon to do so?

Does she bear the full blame or does the department have liability given the fact she was allowed to work so many hours?

it’s looking more like murder, if the allegation that she went up there to confront him over loud music proves true.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Who says she's "Over Worked", she could be volunteering for all the OT. 15 hours is a long shift, but it's not long enough to cause you to see double and gun down random strangers in their homes.

Trial will show all.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
it’s looking more like murder, if the allegation that she went up there to confront him over loud music proves true.

Trial will show the two sides time lines. If she really did park on the wrong floor and not go into her home yet and shot him, that puts a kibosh on the idea that she was already home, got frustrated, went up the next floor and shot him.

I have no idea about the building but I'm guessing there are cameras in the elevators and a badge in process for the parking garage or outer doors and entry ways. The investigators will have all of these records pulled.

Hell, if she took a squad car home, they'll know when it powered down its computer connection.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
"Doing the weed"

"Dope"

LoL

Slang names Edit
2 long[25]
420[1]
Ace[1]
Airplane[1]
Alfalfa[1]
Alice B. Toklas[26]
Alligator cigarette[1]
Amnesia[1]
Asparagus[1]
Astro turf[26]
Aunt Mary[1]
Baby[1]
Bag of bones[1]
Bhang[26]
Blaze[25]
Blonde[26]
Blue sage[26]
Blunt[1][25][26]
Broccoli[25]
Bud[1][25][26]
Cabbage[1]
Cannon[25]
Catnip[1][26]
Christmas tree[1]
Chronic[1]
Climb[1]
Crazy weed[26]
Cushion[26]
Da kine[1]
Dank[1]
Dona Juanita ("Lady Jane" in Spanish)[1]
Doobie[1][25]
Dope[26]
Endo[25]
Fatty[25]
Flower[25]
Ganja[1][25]
Good giggles[1]
Grass[1][25]
Green[1]
Green goddess[1]
Happy cigarette[26]
Hashish[1]
Herb[1][26]
Homegrown[26]
Houdini[1]
Jay[26]
Jazz Cabbage
Jive[26]
Kief[26]
Kind[26]
Kush[26]
L pape[25]
Left-handed cigarette[25]
Loco weed[26]
Love weed[26]
Magic dragon[25]
Magic smoke[26]
Marihuana or Marijuana[1]
Mary Jane[25]
Maui-wowie[26]
Mota[27]
Muggle[1]
Nixon[1]
Pakalolo (Hawaiian for "crazy tobacco")[28]
Pinner[25]
Pot[1][25][26]
Rainy day woman[1]
Reefer[1][26]
Roach[25]
Rope[26]
Salad[26]
Sinsemilla[26]
Skunk[25][26]
Spliff[25]
Stash[29]
Sticky icky[26]
Stink weed[26]
Stogie[1]
Tea[26]
Thirteen[1]
Trees[24][26][30]
Whacky tabacky[26]
Weed[1][2][26]
Names for good-quality cannabis Edit
Bud[26]
Buddha[26]
Chronic[1]
Dank[1]
Ganja[26]
Gas[26]
Good stuff[26]
Hydro[31]
Kief[26]
Kind bud[26]
Nug[31]
Righteous bush[26]
Sinsemilla[26]
Names for poor-quality cannabis Edit
Bammies[26]
Cabbage[1][26]
Dirt grass[26]
Intrusion[26]
Garbage[26]
Burger[1]
Ragweed[26]
Swag[26]
Slang names for a cannabis cigarette Edit
2 long[25]
Airplane[1]
Alligator cigarette[1]
Blunt[1][25][26]
Doobie[1][25]
Fatty[25]
Happy cigarette[26]
Jay[26]
Joint[26][32]
L pape[25]
Left-handed cigarette[25]
Magic dragon[25]
Phatty[31]
Pinner[25]
Reefer[1][26]
Roach[25]
Spliff[25]
Stogie[1]
Tommy Chong[1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Who says she's "Over Worked", she could be volunteering for all the OT. 15 hours is a long shift, but it's not long enough to cause you to see double and gun down random strangers in their homes.

Trial will show all.

I work two 16 hour shifts a week on my department. It can get rough..

At the end of the day this is a tragedy from any standpoint. The mind can do some funny things to you when exhausted and being at a level 10 level of constant alertness for 16 hours after having slept for only 4 hours the night before. I've had partners crash their personal vehicles on the drive home after a few days of hard work and very long hours mixed with sleep deprivation.

I can't imagine what the parties involved are going through.

Users who are viewing this thread