Y0Qquvt.jpg

bf4IjyU.jpg

1p4aaSU.jpg

gJGkXvK.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Equal length headers from the factory. Very nice

Yeah I noticed that too, betting GM picked up some good power over the LT1 headers. The LT2 specs concerning bore, stroke, displacement, compression, cylinder heads appear to be the same. I would guess intake tract and cam profile are probably different as well to pick up the 30 ish hp and 10 ft lbs of tq.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL but seriously if you take a hit from behind I'll bet every insurance company totals every one of them out

My Z06 cost me 60 dollars a month full coverage, married and was in my early 30s when I had that car. I think they weigh a lot of factors, chief among them number of incidents in that car model. My 14 mustang gt still runs me about 115 a month and I’m 40 now, go ****ing figure. Cheap disposable S197 shitbox costing almost 2x a month vs my vette. The point is insurance companies don’t see the corvette or their owners as being a risky group to insure. Muscle cars like mustangs and camaros etc are seen as punk cars with a lot more incidents, risks.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
My Z06 cost me 60 dollars a month full coverage, married and was in my early 30s when I had that car. I think they weigh a lot of factors, chief among them number of incidents in that car model. My 14 mustang gt still runs me about 115 a month and I’m 40 now, go ****ing figure. Cheap disposable S197 shitbox costing almost 2x a month vs my vette.

This is a big deal. I was messing around one day with my insurance after lusting after a 911.

My regular old Mustang GT cost the same as a 997.2 Turbo S to insure...

911s don't get wrecked very often.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Those factory headers r beautiful................ Can't believe they can offer this car for $60k. I gotta think it will sell like fooking hotcakes. Everyone will be waiting on a long list.... errr, except Jay Leno of course.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
My 91 GMC stepside costs about $100 a month for liability cus I keep backing into other cars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Anyone know why it has such a large "transmission" tunnel? It has to be for something in the future.

That’s the backbone. Mid engined cars typically run their structural pieces that connect the front and rear subsections along the outside of the car. As a result, there is usually a large sill that the occupants needs to climb over, making ingress/egress a little more complicated. Given the vette’s high practicality quotient, they chose to utilize a central backbone design instead, which makes for a more “normal” entry and exit. Hope that makes sense.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That’s the backbone. Mid engined cars typically run their structural pieces that connect the front and rear subsections along the outside of the car. As a result, there is usually a large sill that the occupants needs to climb over, making ingress/egress a little more complicated. Given the vette’s high practicality quotient, they chose to utilize a central backbone design instead, which makes for a more “normal” entry and exit. Hope that makes sense.
That makes total sense. Smart engineering on GM's part.

Those headers!! OMG!

Users who are viewing this thread