Corvette E Ray. Electric AWD v8 and mid 10s stock…

ArabianOak

Established Member
This is a home run to me. Keeping the v8 but using electric to make the car awd and very fast.

0-60 in 2.5 with a mid 10 1/4 mile.

Hope they make this with the z06 motor next. I would imagine 9s if they did.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’d drive it. I’d probably prefer a Z06, but AWD would make it an all year car for those of us with the snow garbage part of the year.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I'd like to see Ford do this with the Mustang. I know there was a patent application floating around showing a Coyote with electric motors on either side driving the front wheels.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Two words: Road salt

Also it's so low you'll be getting high centered in 3" of snow, plowing snow with the ground effects (and probably damaging them), getting snow inside the car....
Yea, I’m not talking about taking this car through 3’ drifts. Just a winter toy.
Ain’t much on a vette that would rust from the salt. I would drive this car in light snow but nothing deep.
This. Plus, if I had money for this as a winter car, I could buy a new one/upgrade when it starts rusting.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
faster or slower the Z06 is what everyone is going to want in 15+ years when everything is an electric toaster.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Hard to get excited about a car like this when you find out…the waiting list is 3 years long with a 50K ADM and we will need 10K down right now for deposit,

Recon

Established Member
I’m curious in how much heavier this will be compared to the other trim models. I will say I do like the wheels on the car, looks good. Probably my second choice after the base model Z06 wheels.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ghey. These half-breed "hybrid" performance type vehicles don't do it for me.

If I ever buy anything electric, it will be a full EV exclusively used for work commute that I can charge at work for free effectively costing me nothing to use over the life of the vehicle other than initial purchase cost. That's all, nothing more. Probably won't even wash the turd.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I’m curious in how much heavier this will be compared to the other trim models. I will say I do like the wheels on the car, looks good. Probably my second choice after the base model Z06 wheels.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…
Vert is 4,096
Coupe is 3,890

At least most of the added weight is as low and centered as possible.

The Hybrid AWD 2024 Chevy Corvette E-Ray Weighs How Much?!

The reality is every model of car/truck/SUV will eventually need an EV or hybrid version to survive.

Like it or not, this car will sell like hotcakes. The C8 demographic got significantly younger vs. prior gens, who are more open to this configuration. Most enthusiasts care about straight line speed here in the U.S., and this will defintiely check that box.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread