Coupe vs Convertible

XFORDHATER

Established Member
Just bought an 04 vert and was wondering is there much difference between coupe and vert quartermile wise? I know they weigh a little more. Is there much performance disadvantage?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm sure a little but how much you will never know. Another thing is you'll need a rollbar way sooner with it if you intend on modding.

CobraRyan

Banned
lol just dont race a coupe...just kidding but on the street with equal driver and equal power your vert will get yanked.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i think the weight difference is about 150 lbs (?)

so what does that equate to in the quarter mile? about 1.5 tenths in the quarter from what i understand

congratulations on buying yourself a terminator!

XFORDHATER

Established Member
Thanks guys. I had an 03 coupe before and missed it ever since I sold it. Just sold my z06 and found a good deal on this vert. I think it weighs 115lbs difference. Just curious!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks guys. I had an 03 coupe before and missed it ever since I sold it. Just sold my z06 and found a good deal on this vert. I think it weighs 115lbs difference. Just curious!

I hate to say this but the bad thing with a Vert is you just can't get in it and drive it sometimes. Every once in a while I wish I could just drive through a touchless car wash and just go. I did it when I first bought the car once and took a shower.:lol: I'll never forget I was actually looking at the high pressure as it got to the hinge and window split right next to my left shoulder. Quick learning experience there.

MikeW

Established Member
:lol: It was convertible weather this weekend so that is what I got out to run the streets with. I do need to get the coupe out and drive it so the BAtt does not go dead though :idea:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The convertible weighs 3,780 and the coupe weigh 3,665. That's a difference of 115 lbs. IMO a race between a coupe and convertible making the same power/torque would be a driver's race.

Juruense

Banned
if you are wondering just go look at one of the million other threads that already exist on the tired lame played out subject...

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Ive had two '03 coupes and one '03 vert and im really thinking of selling and going back to the vert! I really kick myself for selling my dsg vert.:fm:

03nightmare

BRAD
Established Member
easy. If you have a vert you just need to take a dump before you go out that night.
on a good day thats like 115 pounds right there.

TrickStang37

Established Member
personally, i would take the coupe over the vert as well. I only bought mine because it was $19,500 two years ago. I wanted to trade someone but thought that would be too complicated i think.

Users who are viewing this thread