Cowards of Broward County

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
He should of been fired back when this photo was taken, disgrace to law enforcement.

DWsAeRyVQAAT2zf.jpg

Blu13gt

Established Member

Blu13gt

Established Member
Thats a training issue and the way ur trained is to NOT go in by urself and to wait for at least 2-3 other cops to arrive before making entry.

But of course this being an active shooter it certainly would not be what I personally would do nor would many others but like in Columbine there was more then one shooter and that is really what the active shooter training applies to but of course with limited info on how many suspects there actually are thats a tough call to make if ur trying to do the right thing based on ur training.

The answer I gave at my last Promotional exam was to wait for at least 2-3 other Cops to arrive but in my head and heart that is absolutely NOT what I would be doing.

We all know that time means lives so u just can't wait and lets not forget most SRO's are probably not gonna be ur most heroic Cops. In fact, I would go as far as saying their probably nothing short of useless which is why their in the School vs. on the street doing real Police work.
Actually in most jurisdictiuons when it comes to active shooters at schools the training says DO NOT WAIT find and engage the shooter to distract or neutralize the threat in order to buy time or make the situation safe for CHILDREN to escape. But that is training not legal obligation in most cases.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yes ur correct thats what most jurisdictions recommend. Unfortunately some departmental policies prohibit engaging an active shooter alone. Sad but true. and as far a legal obligation yea thats a tough one cause there are so many variables as to why one didn't go in and they change from one scene to another.

Not sure what Broward Counties policy is but they have refused to release their policy on that which is kinda silly cause Dept Policies are pretty easy to come by if the media wanted it.

I bet it says engage immediately but a guy with 32 years on isn't very likely to be putting his ass on the line being probably close to 60 years old. Many SRO's work in the schools cause its supposed to be a cushy job where they don't have to deal with real violence or any of the other animals the rest of the Patrol division has to deal with so I'm not surprised at all with his inactions.

Putting a badge on someone doesn't make them some Super hero and there are 10's of thousands of cops around the country that would have done exactly what he did which is NOTHING like they do every day in the Patrol Division.

The training needs to also come from the board of education teaching students and teachers to get the **** out now! 90% of killings in mass shootings actually come from ppl hiding and then being found and shot. Most mass shooting are over in under 6 minutes.

Actually in most jurisdictiuons when it comes to active shooters at schools the training says DO NOT WAIT find and engage the shooter to distract or neutralize the threat in order to buy time or make the situation safe for CHILDREN to escape. But that is training not legal obligation in most cases.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Honestly, the whole thing is obviously a huge tragedy but now the blame game is moving way too fricking hard in the sheriff's department.

Blame.

Seems to be used at the most optimal time for some

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The blame is still on the 19 year old nut job. However, there are a lot of things that took place that shouldn't have.

One slip up in a tragic situation can be seen as an oversight or an error. This particular school shooting was full of red flags and yellow officers. It was a complete blunder.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Except that legally in most of the country it is the truth....
supreme-court-ruling-police-have-no-duty-to-protect-the-general-public
The SC ruling is there to protect the officers. If they didn't have that then I imagine they could be vulnerable to a number of lawsuits for claims of not doing enough. You simply cant expect someone to do what you hope in a life and death situation. However, by all standards and expectations, cops are there to protect and serve. If they openly state they are not willing to do those things then they will not be a cop for very long. Just like this cop got put on leave while they investigated his inaction and cowardice. It's important to note the distinction between the two.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bglf83

Established Member
Honestly, the whole thing is obviously a huge tragedy but now the blame game is moving way too fricking hard in the sheriff's department.

Blame.

Seems to be used at the most optimal time for some

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The Sherif's department was the first group to place blame on guns.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Just proof that all these departments hired people they knew or a family member of someone in power, not the best candidate for the job.

CV355

_
Established Member
Think about this:
The left and the MSM want your to hand over your firearms so the government can protect you. The government failed on every level in Florida. Yet they're still blaming gun owners and the NRA.

That sheriff is a piece of shit btw. He's been grandstanding for gun control and blaming the NRA all week. Apparently he's known since the morning after.

Israel is DWS and Clinton's buddy. Bastard probably paid off the deputies to not enter as a means to squelch the "good guy with a gun" argument.

Blown 89

Established Member
Child's life vs my own? I'm risking my life for the kid everytime.

I was seriously contemplating joining the police force a few years back. I almost went through with the low salary, bad hours, and negative treatment of those without a badge.

I decided to walk away from the job before it began. I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive.

I can be found some nights when I can't sleep sitting at the local PD and enjoying time with the boys. I know the local chief of several cities around me and I am friends with the sheriff. I have learned that I have more rights to fight back against crime as a civilian than I would wearing a badge. I have also seen that thought play out in court time and time again.
If you truly would go running in to help I respect you for that. In my view there are a few problems with going in as a civilian:
1) You're probably not well armed.
2) You lack body armor
3) The police won't be able to tell the difference between you and the real shooter
4) The students won't be able to tell the difference either
5) The legal shit-storm coming your way afterward will destroy both your life and your family's

Whether or not I went in would depend on the situation but these are all things I think about when I slide my holster on every day. There are real ramifications for going in blind and dumb. Not going in also assumes that the police will be there quickly.....not hiding behind the dumpster for 6 minutes.

I realize the chances of these shootings happening are very slim but jesus ****ing christ why is the government refusing to allow us to protect our schools. I'd gladly patrol the school down the street for a living wage.

Users who are viewing this thread