coyote 5.0 engine swap in progress

coyotemach1

Established Member
2003 mach 1 with 40k miles on body blew engine few years back now im replacing it with the new 5.0 coyote . bought brand new engine and FRPP controls pack plus UPR tubular k-member and control arms, BBK longtube headers and 3 inch x pipe (keeping my old magnaflow catback setup) and coil over suspension (maximum motorsports kit up front with Koni sport struts and UPR kit in rear with Lakewood shocks) plus relocated battery to trunk with my custom wiring and box setup, Power By The Hour engine accessory drive mount kit, and complete Division X return style fuel system

coyotemach1

Established Member
coyote5_zps622e29ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

coyotemach1

Established Member
I have pictures but cant figure out how you post them n this site if someone would let me kno I can put up all my pics
lol I can do an engine swap but cant use a dam forum

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
Sounds like a cool project! You have to upload pictures to a hosting site like photobucket. Then copy and paste the image location address to your post here using
tags. If you have them loaded to facebook, you can also use that as a hosting site and just copy the image address between the image tags

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Sounds like a good project, Why not swap a Maximum motorsports k member in there with the mm coil overs instead of the UPR "craftsmanship" k member

poiznos

Established Member
I started the same project also. Bought an 01 Cobra a couple weeks ago. I bought a wreck '11 and we'll see where it goes from there.

coyotemach1

Established Member
haha "craftsmans" foreal, yea I would have deefinetly went with the MM k member looking back on it but originally I didn't plan on doing the coil overs and aarms because UPR said I would be able to retain my stock components and just swap in their k member (I just wanted to have the extra clearance, this k member was specifically for the coyote swap also). but once I installed it the brackets to mount the a arms where over a quarter inch off so I then had to go with their Aarms and just decided to go all out with the coilovers anyway.

coyotemach1

Established Member
not sure yet im gonna drop the engine in within next few days and ill make something up but I would like to keep it bolted solid on the engine so it still shakes around when you give it throttle, rather than just having it attached directly to the hood there is a couple studs coming off the intake manifold that look promising for a bracket to be made onto them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread