Coyote vs ls motor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Look, sounds to me like your just as frustrated with you 95 GT performance after modding it, as I was with my 2005 Mustang GT after I modded it. I understand the feeling of modding out a car with thousands of dollars and hours of labor then getting beat by a cam, exhaust terd wagon camaro or whatever you call them driven by some schmuck. So if you cant beat them, join them..get a vette or gxp and I promise you wont look back. haha

Yes and no, but my car goes pretty good for being n/a 5.0, Like I said ive already had a ls1, and my 5.0 is alot faster then a stock ls1 and little faster then a bolt on ls1, but i wouldnt mind a vette or g8 gxp, but then again I can get a cobra or shelby or new 2011 gt and mod that and not have to join the dark side and smoke them cammed turd wagon camaros lol :banana::dancenana: lol or I could spend $3,000 and finish my car with my blower but I rather have a newer car with a warranty :)

Last edited:

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
True but thats what FI is for!!!! Oh wait 11.1 compression!!!! Well thats what N20 is for!!!! Oh wait a plastic composite intake manifold!!!!

I'm getting tired of you guys using this excuse for not being able to use N2O. What in the hell do you guys we have for an intake? Uh.....plastic!

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
hmmmm, I'm the **** nut? yet your the one saying they are getting better fuel economy, OF COURSE THEY ARE, your comparing them in a 2 seat Corvette that weights hundreds of pounds less than a Mustang.. (since your comparing them for the last 15 years) now a Mustang and a F body get comparable fuel economy, since they weight about the same, and have the same aerodynamics..

so.. your the moron here, comparing a pony car vs a sports car.. now lets keep it apples to apples comparison and not an apples to oranges comparison.

Does the engine weight, size, hp, tq change because its a corvette?

Thats right...

Last edited:

2 cam sam

Established Member
Sorry to back up the post, but the Gm boys are asking why there are no 4v aftermarket heads. Why would you need one ? The stockers on the 96-98 models have made over 2000hp. I know of a couple 5.4l that made 1700 plus horse wtih close to stock parts.

mebetter

Established Member
It's ok because ford mustang is 5.0 liters making 400hp n/a in a base v8 gt for $28-$30k, and the other " so called " cars doing it with 400hp are doing it with high end $50-60k cars, I understand why all u chevy fanboys are mad go on cry a chevy forum, yeah the mustang might be 3,600lbs, but thats still ligther the the gto and new camaro and those cars are have 6.0 liter engines the ford is not only 200-400lbs ligther then them cars its got same horsepower with 1.0 liter smaller and those are high end cars vs a base gt I guess u cant get that in ur head lol

I dunno where people are getting the numbers that a ls2 gto weighs 3900 lbs. I put mine on a scale and it was 3650 I had a friend put his automatic on the scale and it was 3770 lbs. LS2 m6 gto weighs the same as an 03 cobra, and a autmatic gto weighs as much as an 03-04 cobra vert.

It's not just peak hp and weight that matters. It's power under the curve we'll wait and see if the 5.0 has enough grunt through the powerband like the 6.0 and 6.2 of the gto and camaro.

The really sad thing is that even GM had an OHC motor that made 400 hp before Ford and that was 20 years ago. :poke:

I dunno where you're getting this 28-30k msrp from not even the 2010 mustang gt is going for that cheap what makes you think the 2011 will?

http://www.automotive.com/2005/12/pontiac/gto/compare/index.html?Vehicle0.Make=Pontiac&Vehicle0.Model=GTO&Vehicle0.Year=2005&Vehicle0.Trim=;_CP;RWD;V8&Vehicle1.Make=Ford&Vehicle1.Model=Mustang&Vehicle1.Year=2004&Vehicle1.Trim=SVT%20Cobra;_CV;RWD;V8&Vehicle2.Make=Ford&Vehicle2.Model=Mustang&Vehicle2.Year=2010&Vehicle2.Trim=GT;_CV;RWD;V8&PageNumber=1&TotalPages=2&Vehicle[3].Make=Chevrolet|16&Vehicle[3].Model=Camaro|382&Vehicle[3].Year=2010&Vehicle[3].Trim=SS;_CP;RWD;V8|848;2;5;15

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
I dunno where people are getting the numbers that a ls2 gto weighs 3900 lbs. I put mine on a scale and it was 3650 I had a friend put his automatic on the scale and it was 3770 lbs. LS2 m6 gto weighs the same as an 03 cobra, and a autmatic gto weighs as much as an 03-04 cobra vert.

It's not just peak hp and weight that matters. It's power under the curve we'll wait and see if the 5.0 has enough grunt through the powerband like the 6.0 and 6.2 of the gto and camaro.

The really sad thing is that even GM had an OHC motor that made 400 hp before Ford and that was 20 years ago. :poke:

I dunno where you're getting this 28-30k msrp from not even the 2010 mustang gt is going for that cheap what makes you think the 2011 will?

http://www.automotive.com/2005/12/pontiac/gto/compare/index.html?Vehicle0.Make=Pontiac&Vehicle0.Model=GTO&Vehicle0.Year=2005&Vehicle0.Trim=;_CP;RWD;V8&Vehicle1.Make=Ford&Vehicle1.Model=Mustang&Vehicle1.Year=2004&Vehicle1.Trim=SVT%20Cobra;_CV;RWD;V8&Vehicle2.Make=Ford&Vehicle2.Model=Mustang&Vehicle2.Year=2010&Vehicle2.Trim=GT;_CV;RWD;V8&PageNumber=1&TotalPages=2&Vehicle[3].Make=Chevrolet|16&Vehicle[3].Model=Camaro|382&Vehicle[3].Year=2010&Vehicle[3].Trim=SS;_CP;RWD;V8|848;2;5;15

but what u gm guys keep foregetting is even the 2010 with 315hp with stock ford shity brakes not only outhandled the camaro ss it outbraked the ss which has brembos, the gt matched almost same 0-60 time as the ss camaro and only the trap speed and 1/4 and power is the only thing the camaro beat the mustang only and wasnt by much only the trap speed had a good amount more mph , so now with 412 hp and brembos and 200-400 lbs lighter then the camaro has nothing on it now , but u forget that that ohc motor was in what kind of car? oh yeah a corvette or high end car, you gm fanboys cant admit, and realize this IS A FING BASE MODELV8 GT THATCOST $28-$30K LOL NOT A SHELBY OR SALEEN or roush which those will have even more power so sorry even though gm boys dont want to admit only the corvette is faster now sux to be a camaro guy today its not 1993-2002 anymore :poke::nono: and like john colleti said " IF your gt cant do the job, its time to give a call to big brother cobra" haha oh yeah the shelby has 540hp now its fair high end model shelby 540hp vs high end loaded ss camaro 426hp= so gt and shelby = camaro lost :)

^ use google its your friend, a base mustang gt starting off price is $28-$30k for 2010-2011,a gt with "premieum package is $32,000- $35,000, and fully loaded is about $37k, which is all pointless navagation bigger rims sunroof etc shit you dont need so with that being said you can get base model gt with 400hp for $280-$30k look around they are $28-$37k

this is right from motor trend :

^2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Convertibles (4.6L V8 315HP) $32,995
2010 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Coupes (4.6L V8 315HP) $27,995
2010 Ford Mustang Base Convertible Convertibles (4.0L V6 210HP) $25,995
2010 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Coupes (4.0L V6 210HP) $20,995

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2010/ford/mustang/index.html#ixzz0dJ78EVV0

and ford has already said what the prices will be similar to those currently above for 2010 so even with a littloe increase that = base model mustang gt v8 = $30k car cheapest factory 400hp car today :)

only other car thats been this cheap with 400hp stock is camaro ss and 03-04 cobra or pontiac gto, but then again those arent 2011+ and those cars with 400hp usually are fully loaded high end /top of the line models that cost more, like vettes/z06=lexus isf,bmw m3,porsche, ferarri,viper,etc and many others in the past but all older and cost more and high end.

Last edited:

Cobra 6245

Established Member
If your friend has a H/C/I LS1 (turbo'd) and he is only making 500rwhp, then tell him to actually instal the turbo instead of leaving it in the box.

A H/C/I LS1 will be between 400-500 rwhp, depending on the heads/cam setup, without any forced induction.

A SC/TT'ed LS1 (no other mods) will be 475-550 (depending on tune, boost, etc.).

BS on your claim about your friend.

What about the new camaros with TVS kits making less than 500 RWHP? Not ever one pushes their motors to the point of breaking them and that goes for any brand. I know there are a bunch of mustangs that run like crap but there are also Camaros and other GM product including LS equipped cars that run like crap. It's kind of like how all of this stuff got started, someone talks about an extrodinary case like a the Cobra with a stock motor that put down 1200 RWHP or some "cam only" f body that runs 9.90s.

Cobra 6245

Established Member

I am positive now that you have not driven a 2010 camaro because under 3000 rpm this thing is DEAD!

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
What about the new camaros with TVS kits making less than 500 RWHP? Not ever one pushes their motors to the point of breaking them and that goes for any brand. I know there are a bunch of mustangs that run like crap but there are also Camaros and other GM product including LS equipped cars that run like crap. It's kind of like how all of this stuff got started, someone talks about an extrodinary case like a the Cobra with a stock motor that put down 1200 RWHP or some "cam only" f body that runs 9.90s.

^ Exactly x2!

Originally Posted by Lt. ZO6
If your friend has a H/C/I LS1 (turbo'd) and he is only making 500rwhp, then tell him to actually instal the turbo instead of leaving it in the box.

A H/C/I LS1 will be between 400-500 rwhp, depending on the heads/cam setup, without any forced induction.

A SC/TT'ed LS1 (no other mods) will be 475-550 (depending on tune, boost, etc.).

^
exactly like stated above typical gm boy u think every gm dynos 4848484 hp,

he doesnt have some outrageous setup my point is I dont either and with same mods I would be making same hp as his ls1, so ls1's arent gods gift..

he has basic mild ls6 heads/z06 heads,a basic cam, which is 370-400rwhp n/a , and a sts turbo kit push low boost on pump gas like 5-10psi I think he dynoed 490rwhp, now hes doing a blower cam more boost he shooting for 550rwhp on pump gas, my car with h/c/i vortech v3 8-10psi =450-500rwhp all day and more boost on my would be 500+rwhp aswell thats all i was saying and ive owned a ls1 already, I just love how this is a mustang site and so many nut swinger gm fanbois.:poke:
not evey body does a 500rwhp cam camaro and add 15psi big turbos, he has a sts rear mount turbo kit with pump and low boost midl h/c/i

Last edited:

Cobra 6245

Established Member
Sorry to back up the post, but the Gm boys are asking why there are no 4v aftermarket heads. Why would you need one ? The stockers on the 96-98 models have made over 2000hp. I know of a couple 5.4l that made 1700 plus horse wtih close to stock parts.

Have you GM boys ever heard of the GT500 Aeromotive fuel systems built? It uses a stock GT block and factory head castings from a GT500 and makes over 2000 hp with twin 76 mm turbos and runs very low 6s.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
2011 is gonna be like 2002-2004 when chevy stopped making camaros and the 03-04 cobras came out and all the camaro ls1 fanbois whined and didnt want to admit they were no longer top dog, the mustang was now put up against corvettes :)

Its ok can some 1 lock this thread now

to sum this thread up:

Op just wanted to talk about how much better the 2011 mustang will be when even the 2010 gt was only 4.6 liters and 315hp and kept up with the 2010 camaro and challengers.'

Now:

camaro gm fanbois are upset because the new camaro is ugly and looks like crap even high end fully loaded model is only 426hp and now weighs as much as a tank.

new 2011 gt is a base model v8 gt car that cost $30k looks and sounds better then a camaro, has 400hp as well now in a base mustang and weighs 200-400lbs ligther then a camaro :) its a good day for ford ::) and even fords base model mustang makes 300hp to and ligther then chevys v6 camaro :)

Last edited:

Cobra 6245

Established Member
^ Exactly x2!

Originally Posted by Lt. ZO6

^

he doesnt have so outrageous setup my point is I dont either and with same mods I would be making same hp as his ls1, so ls1's arent gods gift..

he has basic ls6 heads/z06 heads,a basic cam, and a sts turbo kit push low boost on pump gas like 6-10psi I think he dynoed 490rwhp, now hes doing a blower cam more boost he shooting for 550rwhp on pump gas, my car with h/c/i vortech v3 8-10psi =450-500rwhp all day and more boost on my would be 500+rwhp aswell thats all i was saying and ive owned a ls1 already, I just love how this is a mustang site and so many nut swinger gm fanbois.:poke:

I know of a guy on a local forum I visit sometimes that has an 6.0 iron block with different heads on it with a turbo and it only makes 480 RWHP it's on 9psi because he says he doesn't want to blow it up.

Cobra 6245

Established Member
Exactly sounds like my friends setup

These LS lover need to go get a room with their motors and stop acting like they know everything. Everytime someone posts they say somthing like "you don't know about LS motors you just sound like a idiot" or somthing gay like that I think they need to learn about how high performance works. Just because you add a cam or a power adder to a car doesn't mean its now a race car. They need to realize that alot of mustang GT guys don't run big blowers or huge shots of nitrous because its a GT. If you want to make big power like I do you go buy a Cobra just like I did. They never stop to really think about there are a greater amount of GT mustangs by far vs Cobras because most people don't want to run 10s there just looking for a car to have fun with and thats part of the success of the mustang. ford knew this but they also knew people want some fast one to so they made the Cobra and every GM lover knows this car. GM on the other hand only offered a high performance version which is stupid because it doesn't give customers a choice and thats part of the reason they quit making the Camaro in 02.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
These LS lover need to go get a room with their motors and stop acting like they know everything. Everytime someone posts they say somthing like "you don't know about LS motors you just sound like a idiot" or somthing gay like that I think they need to learn about how high performance works. Just because you add a cam or a power adder to a car doesn't mean its now a race car. They need to realize that alot of mustang GT guys don't run big blowers or huge shots of nitrous because its a GT. If you want to make big power like I do you go buy a Cobra just like I did. They never stop to really think about there are a greater amount of GT mustangs by far vs Cobras because most people don't want to run 10s there just looking for a car to have fun with and thats part of the success of the mustang. ford knew this but they also knew people want some fast one to so they made the Cobra and every GM lover knows this car. GM on the other hand only offered a high performance version which is stupid because it doesn't give customers a choice and thats part of the reason they quit making the Camaro in 02.

EXACTLY! VERY WELL SAID! X2:beer:

Yeah I got a gt because @ the time I didnt need 500+Hp and i couldnt afford a cobra or insurance now im 24 gonna be 25 had the car for 5 years had a ls1 had a foxbody, Now I want something new or with more power so cobra is perfect or this new 2011 gt, yeah alot of people buy a gt and leave it stock. or will buy the base new v6 , not every 1 wants 400+hp cars I kno alot of people who buy base model v6's and are happy they dont kno the diff between all the models they dont care they like the car, like me I love mustangs, they not only look better and sound better then a camaro and if u want a stang to be as fast if not beat a camaro u can always go and buy urself a cobra,shelby,roush or saleen lol they are just sour because only time camaro was better then the mustang was from 1993-2002,

the fbody 305 was junk compared to the 80's 5.0 fox, and the 70's they both sucked, and the 60's ford had the shelby and they had yenkos. so now 2011 is like 2002-2009 and they are mad because the slow 4.6 liter 315hp 2010 gt kept up and imagine what this 2011 gt is gonna do, I cant wait to read articles in the mags of the 2011 gt vs the 2010-2011 challenger r/t and srt8 and the camaro ss :) :rockon: and if i wanted another ls car it sure wouldnt be any ugly turd camaro, it would be a gto ls2 or g8 gt /or gxp ls3 g8 or another ws6 transam or corvette , slowmaros ftl,

so all the gm fanbois go stomp sand and go to a gm / chevy / camaro forum :)

they get so butt hurt and bitch how ford sucks and ls1's own and we dont no shit, not realizing this is a mustang site ofcourse alot of mustang guys dont care if they dont like it take it to a chevy camaro forum, I dont go on ls1tech or chevyforum and bitch to the ls1 guys how mustangs are better and why I think they are lol , ive owned a ls1 and kno about all the chevys check 1 of my posts back i posted all the diff ls1 cars and dodges hemis and power, I kno what they run stock bolt on and modded we kno they are powerful no 1 said that its just funny when a gt base v8 makes same power as a high end ss camaro, and the shelby high end makes over 100hp more then the camaro now :)

so any gm guys mad

follow the link below to ur forum,

www.ls1tech.com

PEACE

Last edited:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member

Try reading the post I was responding to then get back to me. Context is your friend.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member

First thing, lay off the insults. Don't call me a fanboy as I am definitely not. Also, don't be ignorant and exaggerate my post. If you want to have an intelligent debate, then at least act mature about it.

he doesnt have some outrageous setup my point is I dont either and with same mods I would be making same hp as his ls1, so ls1's arent gods gift..

No, but you made it appear that the LS1 is only capable of 500~ with HCI + FI. That simply is not true. That would be an extremely conservative setup. As I wrote, a HCI LS1 is quite capable of 400-500 rwhp, depending on the parts used and tune. A turbo LS1 is easily capable of 475-500 with low boost (8 psi), without any supporting mods.

I just love how this is a mustang site and so many nut swinger gm fanbois.:poke:[/B] not evey body does a 500rwhp cam camaro and add 15psi big turbos, he has a sts rear mount turbo kit with pump and low boost midl h/c/i

Correction, this is a Mustang enthusiasts website. I happen to be one (owned two so far), as well as an admirer of Corvettes, GTO's, BMW's, and some Japanese import brands. Somehow, that upsets you... The fact that someone would actually respect many different brands of cars, not just a particular model. Yet you call me a fanboy...

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Correction, this is a Mustang enthusiasts website. I happen to be one (owned two so far), as well as an admirer of Corvettes, GTO's, BMW's, and some Japanese import brands. Somehow, that upsets you... The fact that someone would actually respect many different brands of cars, not just a particular model. Yet you call me a fanboy...

Have a nice day.

+1

Whats with the sudden rash of 'die hard' biased posters lately?

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member

Again, chevy was behind. Ford made an OHC motor that was Well over 400 hp 40 YEARS AGO! Chevy was a copycat.

427 SOHC "Cammer" by Legendary Ford Magazine | SuperMotors.net

When Ford wants to eliminate the comp., they just do it. period.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Again, chevy was behind. Ford made an OHC motor that was Well over 400 hp 40 YEARS AGO! Chevy was a copycat.

427 SOHC "Cammer" by Legendary Ford Magazine | SuperMotors.net

When Ford wants to eliminate the comp., they just do it. period.

The best part is I think he was talking about the zr1 motor I belive in the 1989 or 1990 zr1 I think it was a lt5 I think it was chevys version of the 32 valve dohc motor it made like 385-400hp, but he forget to mention that was like chevys version of like fords Cobra R, very rare and that corvette cost what $80k in 1989 hahah dumb cheby guys, were talking about a base model mustang gt that cost $30k they keep forgetting that, were not talking about the 540hp shelby or 450-600hp roush and saleens they will prob have aswell in 2011 and shelby will prob be aluminum block 600hp for 2011 :rockon:

chevy boys keep forgetting this is a mustang gt not a high end cobra lol so in thatcase hes talking about a 20 year old 400hp chevy which wasnt a reg camaro or base vette it was a zr1 or $ rare chevy,ford had 1 to

its called the $70,000 saleen 1989 saleen s/c time allen had 1 was 400hp stock and he had them pep it up to 550hp ;) so whats his point? lol

it makes them feel better when they have to compare there high end 50-100k cars that make more power then a lowley base model n/a 5.0 liter, its like no reallly a 7.0 liter or 50-100kcar / vette is faster or makes more power? I would hope so being the ss camaro cant do its job anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread