CR Spotless water system

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Ok, got my Cr spotless washer in today and gave it a try.

Pretty simple to put together and its just another purification system to remove the minerals and hardwater spots. I washed the car and sprayed it off and now it sits in the sun. I am on a well system which normally would end up with horrendous water spots but one has to have faith
If there is sunlight still left, and its dry I will post with a thumbs up or down. Im sure it will be a thumbs up, I did too much research!!!
spotless1 (2).jpg
spotless (3).jpg

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Ok, got my Cr spotless washer in today and gave it a try.

Pretty simple to put together and its just another purification system to remove the minerals and hardwater spots. I washed the car and sprayed it off and now it sits in the sun. I am on a well system which normally would end up with horrendous water spots but one has to have faith
If there is sunlight still left, and its dry I will post with a thumbs up or down. Im sure it will be a thumbs up, I did too much research!!!View attachment 1647227 View attachment 1647228

Went our about a 1/2 hour ago and I am pretty dam impressed. I give it a 99% thumbs up. Very impressed with the system and the next test is how many actual washes I will get

[bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)]
spotless4.jpg
[/bcolor]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So is it portable? Installed outside (fixed location)? In your garage? I'm curious how you're using the filtration system. I have a similar (single) filter setup in my basement. I also have a water softener next to the filter, so no hard water ends up on my car.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
So is it portable? Installed outside (fixed location)? In your garage? I'm curious how you're using the filtration system. I have a similar (single) filter setup in my basement. I also have a water softener next to the filter, so no hard water ends up on my car.

CR has a variety of units too choose from. Via fixed units on the wall to a single canister vs what I have, a dual canister. Yes its totally portable. The unit has wheels and is able to stand upright and when your done with everything you grab the handle and wheel it into the garage.

We are on a well system and though the well filters we have our good, when ever washing the cars via the spicket, it will leave terrible hard water stains on the paint. I chose the dual canister because it will last longer. They have a digital gauge that tells you when the canisters are used up and have to be replaced.

Supposedly you get 20-30 washes before the elements in the canisters are no good.

What I did is wheeled the unit over to the spicket, CR provides with the unit a braided line that screws into your spicket. They highly recommend getting a new hose so to ensure its contaminate clean

Very impressed with the end result

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont ask.

Palmolive...... better recommendation fully appreciated

Doesn't that soap strip everything off the paint? I know Dawn does. I don't employ either.

I use Citrus Gloss on all my stuff.

I would do a good strip and wash of the car, seal it; especially if you are attempting to safe guard against hard water and minerals.

Dish soap when the goal is to strip old waxes and sealants off the paint.

Last edited:

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
I have mine for about 2 years. I use it on my black challenger hellcat and it leaves no water spots. I live in south Texas and the city water is very hard. I can't recommend it enough.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Doesn't that soap strip everything off the paint? I know Dawn does. I don't employ either.

I use Citrus Gloss on all my stuff.

I would do a good strip and wash of the car, seal it; especially if you are attempting to safe guard against hard water and minerals.

Never use dish soap again unless the goal was to re-detail the car and strip old waxes and sealants off the paint.

Ok dad ... LMAO ..... seriously I knew Palmolive or dawn wasnt the IDEAL choice. I just ordered a gallon of Citrus wash and gloss. I assume thats what I wanted, correct?

HKusp

Established Member
So are you washing the car with the regular tap water and just rinsing with the CR system to save the media or are you using it the whole time?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
For a collector car, all the time. This eliminates water spots in door jams, engine bay, drip channels around hood and trunk etc.

For something less picky (a truck), do the initial rinse, then switch to clear the soap, and final rinse.

So are you washing the car with the regular tap water and just rinsing with the CR system to save the media or are you using it the whole time?

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Second wash and got this weird fizzy looking water for about 5 minutes than went away

I attribute it to the water sitting in the canisters for a few days and than reusing it

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Ok, another update

My resin counter that tells me my resin is used up came after 4 washes. Not real happy.

I was using the CR system totally. I filled my bucket up with it, cleaned all my tires with it, washed the car and then rinsed it with the CR system using a hose. Used it as if I had unlimited resin which I now see I dont.

So I did some more research and watched some more you tube videos and called the company, Cr spotless.

First, CR spotless had me do a water count on how good or bad my well water is even after its filtered with my system. A average count for hard water is 250. By taking the resin containers out and screwing the cases back in with no resin the cr system can and will count my water as it is. It basically was double. about 550-630.

So what ever many washes Im suppose to get you cut in half.
The customer service rep at CR was great. She told me how to get the water count raw. And than suggested a few things that you tubers did as well.

Get a pressure washer which will cut water consumption dramatically vs using a hose.

Than wash your car with regular water, half of the car first so nothing drys and rinse with CR. Than wash the other half same procedure using of course a pressure washer.

The system is truly fantastic on how it removes all hard water but now is it cost effective.

Im keeping the system and have more resin coming.

I plan to find a small RV portable filter that I can self clean and use it as a prefilter between my spicket and the CR system

Ive already ordered a electric power washer rated # 1 in the industry thats very affordable.

First hook the power washer to the CR system. Than I will wash my wheels as I did before I had the CR system using water from our portable water cooler. Than use the same type of water for washing, and only use the CR system for rinsing.

If I can find a low cost pre filter that works using all the above I should at least double or more my washes. I am aiming at 15 washes before my resin is spent.

There are companys out there that sell resin in bulk much cheaper than CR and going forward plan to do that.

So the jury is still out but am keeping the system because it is that good.

1 hr later ... got a portable water purification unit that I forgot I had in my fifth wheel with one used inner cartridge. I hooked it up as a pre filter to the CR system as described above.

Ran it and cut my TDS down from ranging 550-630 to 285-450. Significant improvement with a very old filter( already ordered new filters)
So when I get everything together I will update once again but I expect significant improvements

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread