Crank relearn not working !!!

yeller1

Established Member
Recently had a Boss302 clutch installed in my 11GT. No problems. Started getting misfire codes.
Downloaded the upgrades to my Livewire TS. Did a crank relearn with no problems. Somewhere
the misfire monitors were turned off which I found out when I tried to do some datalogging.
Had my tuner send me a new file to get them turned back on. Uploaded new file to Livewire. Loaded new tune in car. tried doing a crank relearn but when i got to the rev limit the device asked for it just took off and rpm's climed to redline. I had to turn off the car since I had no control of the fuel. It did this a number of times. Each time I was prompted to rev to a new value and same results. Runaway throttle. My tuner said to go back to the prev tune. I did that and tried relearn again. Same results. BTW, I was trying to clear the code each time but it never went away. So, I went back to stock tune, then reloaded prev working tune, tried relearn, same results. Any ideas whats going on. I've read where you can still drive the car and the code will go away after about 15 miles or so. I've done clear DTC's a number of times but it never seems to clear. Is the relearn failure because it thinks the P0315 code never clears according to the handheld. The handheld says to make sure all DTC's are cleared before proceeding.

corepwn

Established Member
Not much help here, but no, it will not clear on it's own in 15 miles. I'd work closely with your tuner or find a new one because a run-away throttle condition is extremely frightening. I've not used an X4 for crank relearn, but have had success with the Pro Cal tuners.

yeller1

Established Member
Im waiting on my tuner after I told him the relearn problem. Before I tried the relearn with the prev tune
he said he has an opening in mid JULY. I'll see what he says. Matter of fact I just had the car out for a drive
and had it to about 5500 hundred. Felt good, no issues.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Flash the car back to stock and do a crank relearn.

Sometimes an aftermarket tune can cause issues with it. Don't ask my why but it can.

It might run poorly but work hurt anything

CPRsm

^^^ this works. Get the car good and warm before returning to stock. If it runs like shit on the stock tune you don't have to wait for the car to warm up before the relearn can be done. We've even taken a stock tune before, changed the maf curve and injector data to get it done.

yeller1

Established Member
Flash the car back to stock and do a crank relearn.

Sometimes an aftermarket tune can cause issues with it. Don't ask my why but it can.

It might run poorly but work hurt anything

If I do as you say and the relearn works, then I need to update to my custom tune and do another relearn. I say that because the Livewire says to do a relearn after re-flashing or do I return to stock, relearn, re-flash custom tune and done.

yeller1

Established Member
Ok, some great info and I appreciate it. Going to do as Aaron suggested tomorrow. Too aggravated to do anything else today. This should not be so damn difficult.

yeller1

Established Member
Ok, so here is where I'm at. Did not try what Aaron suggested. My tuner sent me another file this morning.
Flashed it to the car, did a crank relearn. All was successful. I still might need another tune file but I need to
get some info from my tuner. Hopefully the one in the car is golden. Again, thanks for all the great comments
and guidance. Peace everyone...

Users who are viewing this thread