Crankshaft question

German Boy

Established Member
What is the different from the Cobra Jet M-6303-C54SC4 and the LIGHTNING M-6303-M54 Crankshaft?

Is the CJ better, stronger steel?

Ralf

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I have the CJ crank going in my new short block as we speak. The only difference seems to be that the bolt receiver for the crank bold is deeper with the CJ crank.

The FRPP tech line told me that the throws may be bigger but the machine shop did comment on that when I asked about how the crank looked after they had it in house.

German Boy

Established Member

I have the CJ crank going in my new short block as we speak. The only difference seems to be that the bolt receiver for the crank bold is deeper with the CJ crank.

The FRPP tech line told me that the throws may be bigger but the machine shop did comment on that when I asked about how the crank looked after they had it in house.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The cranks are identical with the exception of the bolt thread depth, this deeper thread of couse requires a longer bolt available through MMR or Ford, Keep in mind however that ALL GT500's have the same crank including the CJ, the only other 5.4 crank is the Lightning/Navi/F-150 crank which uses the shorter bolt.

Users who are viewing this thread