Crash & Death at the NOLA Wannagofast 1/2 mile today (RIP Jeff Hagaman)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Awful news. He was like the 5th car to make a pass at the event. The first 200+ mph car to go.

www.facebook.com/588005136/posts/10160961294515137/

?q=70&w=1920&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F09%2Fcrash-hero.jpg

Nissan GT-R Driver Dead After 200-MPH Crash at Questionable Airstrip Race

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Sorry to hear this.
Anyone know any more details on what went wrong?

Edit.. I watched the video, it was under braking he lost it. The photos of the airstrip looked pretty bumpy.. I can put two and two together to guess what happened.. really sad to see.

Last edited:

M91196

Established Member
Sorry to hear this.
Anyone know any more details on what went wrong?

Edit.. I watched the video, it was under braking he lost it. The photos of the airstrip looked pretty bumpy.. I can put two and two together to guess what happened.. really sad to see.

6283796911a5e32b261a89cd7eb6d371.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Super lame.

Sucks a guy is dead, but also sucks that this is getting media attention.

These events are really cool and I don’t want to see lawsuits and legislation get them all shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Image1537664582.053578.jpg

Also, Jeff’s CTSV was amazing.

Image1537664606.684601.jpg

2k hp, powerglide, tub rear with 9”, ran 218mph

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Extremely sad. I cant believe that car didn’t have a roll cage. Also the entire setup at the track was sketchy at best. Apparently lots of bumps. Shut down distance seemed extremely short. And i hate how there was grass right on side of the lane. Im thinking he clipped the grass/dirt and thats what started the roll.

Islandcat

Established Member
so sad. I thought about going to it but changed my mind. Just didn’t want to pay the fee to run and kinda didn’t feel like going in that heat all day. I am glad I didn’t now. I didn’t have to witness that in person. Now I see the importance of roll bars in cars that fast. RIP

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Well RIP. At least it wasn't on the streets with traffic. It happens, It sucks, but we're still going to try and go fast. Sometimes you get bit, it's ticket, or a rod through the block or this. Again at least the guy didn't take anyone out with him. Prayers for his family.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Sad to hear this, and may he RIP. But I really think that if your car is going to be doing 200+MPH you should at least have an 8 point cage, I get the hole streetcar thing but you have to be smart when you're going that fast. I dont want to see other 1/2 mile events get ruined over this. And just like the 1/4 mile races, if your going bottom 9s or high 8s you need a cage. It might just save your life.

Curt@injected

Super lame.

Sucks a guy is dead, but also sucks that this is getting media attention.

These events are really cool and I don’t want to see lawsuits and legislation get them all shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

First off rip to Jeff and condolences to the family.

We were at the event. The shut down area was suspect and wannagofast was aware of it and downplayed it in the driver meeting. I honestly believe after walking the track following his death that this could have happened to any racer approaching 200 yesterday.

We've been attending these events for years and have become increasingly concerned with the safety as the speeds increased. The tech inspection is a joke, no barriers, no sand pit, there are 0 requirements for a cage, parachute etc. Not to mention positioning of spectators. They're lucky this didn't happen at Clayton where spectators almost certainly would have been injured.

I'm afraid this will be the end of wannagofast.

Zemedici

Established Member
First off rip to Jeff and condolences to the family.

We were at the event. The shut down area was suspect and wannagofast was aware of it and downplayed it in the driver meeting. I honestly believe after walking the track following his death that this could have happened to any racer approaching 200 yesterday.

We've been attending these events for years and have become increasingly concerned with the safety as the speeds increased. The tech inspection is a joke, no barriers, no sand pit, there are 0 requirements for a cage, parachute etc. Not to mention positioning of spectators. They're lucky this didn't happen at Clayton where spectators almost certainly would have been injured.

I'm afraid this will be the end of wannagofast.

This.....Clayton is SKETCHY. Hahahaha cool to watch, horrible if something goes wrong. Cars routinely go 220+.

Curt@injected

It sucks man. I didn't know Jeff personally but know a lot of people who were close with him that are pretty shook up right now. His family was at the event.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Really sad to see this. As far as the comment from Stampede, we all know the risks with racing. Especially at 200+. No one expects to die though. RIP.

Islandcat

Established Member
Apparently a lot of guys went run at the pad last night since wanna go fast got cancelled. There was another wreck. Guy ended up with a broken jaw and separated shoulder, but looking at his car he was lucky. It was demolished.

Hopefully the link works. Not sure if I did it right.

Users who are viewing this thread