Critique and advise on my product before ordering...

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'm going to tackle prep prior to applying ceramic coating to my Redfire Cobra. The paint isn't in terrible shape only has light surface scratches.

Tape off entire vehicle...

I'm using the TorQx Orbital....

I'm going to start with Clean Slate car wash, then using clay bar (medium), Orange Hex-logic pads w/ a V36

Finishing the vehicle off with V38 and White Hex pad.

FInal Step is clean with Adams surface prep then Applying Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced...

If you guys recommend using anything different that'll make final outcome better, please advise. This is my first time detailing in this way and I think I can pull it off over the course of a weekend.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Don't know much about the CG products. But, remember to start off with the LEAST aggressive method first. You may find that your paint does not need or want your 'heavier' polish.

Your steps seem like you in on the correct path, wash, clay, polish as necessary, coating prep. Coat. Done.

Keep us posted!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to tackle prep prior to applying ceramic coating to my Redfire Cobra. The paint isn't in terrible shape only has light surface scratches.

I'm going to start with Clean Slate car wash, then using clay bar (medium), Orange Hex-logic pads w/ a V36

FInal Step is clean with Adams surface prep then Applying Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced...

If you guys recommend using anything different that'll make final outcome better, please advise. This is my first time detailing in this way and I think I can pull it off over the course of a weekend.

Sandwich Bag. Use it to "feel" the before during and after results. It will disclose things your bare hands will never feel.

Do not use Clean Slate. Its not PH balanced and left stuff looking worse, water spots etc etc. Use Dawn, save your money. Starting with additional water spots is a PITA. And your gonna clay bar anyways.

Do not use V36 line and stuff. There will be dust every where and it honestly did not work as well as other stuff.

Use with White Pad

Use with Orange Pad

Meguiars 105 Ultra Cut Compound (Dusty)
Boss Fast Correcting Cream or just Correcting Cream

All your other stuff looks good to me

Remember to start with the less aggressive first, so white pad and perfecting cream.
With any INITIAL detail I do, I use Orange Pad and the Meguirs and/or Correcting cream. After that I never had to do the aggressive step again

I started in 2013 with Chemical Guys, slowly out grew them. There's better stuff at some of their price points.

I do not ceramic coat my cars for a variety of reasons, so cannot speak on that

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Sandwich Bag. Use it to "feel" the before during and after results. It will disclose things your bare hands will never feel.

Do not use Clean Slate. Its not PH balanced and left stuff looking worse, water spots etc etc. Use Dawn, save your money. Starting with additional water spots is a PITA. And your gonna clay bar anyways.

Do not use V36 line and stuff. There will be dust every where and it honestly did not work as well as other stuff.

Use with White Pad

Use with Orange Pad

Meguiars 105 Ultra Cut Compound (Dusty)
Boss Fast Correcting Cream or just Correcting Cream

All your other stuff looks good to me

Remember to start with the less aggressive first, so white pad and perfecting cream.
With any INITIAL detail I do, I use Orange Pad and the Meguirs and/or Correcting cream. After that I never had to do the aggressive step again

I started in 2013 with Chemical Guys, slowly out grew them. There's better stuff at some of their price points.

I do not ceramic coat my cars for a variety of reasons, so cannot speak on that

This is why I posted this thread.. Only wanted to order the correct products. Thanks guys!! I will post up updates once this project start!!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
This is why I posted this thread.. Only wanted to order the correct products. Thanks guys!! I will post up updates once this project start!!

I also believe that Griots has gone commercial, meaning, I think Advanced or Autozone sells their stuff so you can get it off the shelf if time is a thing instead of waiting. Goodluck and post your progress

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Use Dawn, save your money. Starting with additional water spots is a PITA. And your gonna clay bar anyways.

I second these two points.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Any cool updates?

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Ordered all products... Leaving for the tail of dragon mid next week with guys on motorcycle trip.. So This project will start 5.2

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Sorry for delay. Me and my son taped up car. Wash vehicle with Dawn soap, Clay bar then rewashed it again.

Orange Pad and Griots Boss Fast Correcting Cream. All I can say is OMFG. No dust, 85-90% of swirl marks are out, and it wiped off with ease.

Redfire metallic pops and has never looked so good. Its only step one!!!! Tonight, we start stage 2. Griots Finishing sealant w/ black pad. Can't wait.

Then going to clean surface with Adams Surface Prep before doing Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating.

I'll upload more pics friday.

Btw thanks guys for all help!!!

Attachments

• thumbnail_68218425250__BFDE08EB-EA9A-4990-88C4-87314DD9BC46.jpg
    thumbnail_68218425250__BFDE08EB-EA9A-4990-88C4-87314DD9BC46.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail_RenderedImage.jpg
    thumbnail_RenderedImage.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 100

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I may look into Griot's products based on your feedback/experience. I went over my car last year with Meguiar's and Chemical Guys stuff and I'm not satisfied with the results. Lots of work for not much improvement. Meguiar's is usually pretty safe from car to car, but Chemical Guys has always been a crap-shoot for me.

Yours appears to be turning out great! Looking forward to more pics.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I may look into Griot's products based on your feedback/experience. I went over my car last year with Meguiar's and Chemical Guys stuff and I'm not satisfied with the results. Lots of work for not much improvement. Meguiar's is usually pretty safe from car to car, but Chemical Guys has always been a crap-shoot for me.

Yours appears to be turning out great! Looking forward to more pics.

Friday I'll def upload some!!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Looking good! ****** DO NOT use the finishing sealant if you plan on ceramic coating!****

The coating will not adhere to the sealant as it is a wax/sealant LSP product.

The surface prep will not remove the sealant that you will be applying.

You will need to use a finishing polish like their Perfecting Cream or similar.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Looking good! ****** DO NOT use the finishing sealant if you plan on ceramic coating!****

The coating will not adhere to the sealant as it is a wax/sealant LSP product.

The surface prep will not remove the sealant that you will be applying.

You will need to use a finishing polish like their Perfecting Cream or similar.

Looks like we have a delay and have to order perfecting cream… thank you a million. I was going to start tomm morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That second photo!! OMG! And that's just stage 1. Your Redfire paint is going to pop like crazy when you're finished. I recommend that you document your detailing steps along with notes.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
So, I ended up going with Meguires 205 per @NastyGT500 advise. I didn't have time to order the Griots Perfecting Cream, but the 205 came out amazing!!!

I detailed the Top also and tonight I'm going to clean wheels, Adams surface Prep and tomorrow ceramic coat.

Sorry for foggy pics my lens must be dirty Haha!!!

thumbnail_IMG_5461.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5457.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5462.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stunning, sir! Stunning! I was at a local cruise venue last night and one of the local guys had a Redfire Cobra. We talked about how awesome that color is, and how nice his looked. He didn't mention whether or not he had ever done a paint correction and ceramic coat, but it sure POPPED.

Users who are viewing this thread