crooked axle?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I have bmr relo brackets and my steering wheel is slightly off too. Whats the best adjustable lca that doesnt make a ton of noise?

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member
I think this confirms that LCA relocation brackets bend axle tubes.. I will never put a set on my car no matter how much they help.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Im actually really pissed right now. Like i just put them on, now have to either take them off or spend another $300 on adj lca's.... And im not having them welded in or welding my axle tubes as a way around this so thats out of the question.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
yeah this happen to me, i had my brackets tack welded in place and it broke the welds and shifted... then i welded the shit out of them and boxed them in... after 20 or so passes i broke the welds on the axel tube and spun it about an 1 1/2 inches and bent the passenger side axle along with the panhard bar and a few other goodies... i would defintaly recomend buying some weld on axle braces before you end up like me and buying a whole new axle housing

alex12gt

Established Member
I have Bbr ones but they are made by BMR and there are several people who have bent them going to measure the axle when I get home just to see where its sitting but if yours are brand new and off Ic pulled them and request a return now a cocked axle is not good

alex12gt

Established Member
I think this confirms that LCA relocation brackets bend axle tubes.. I will never put a set on my car no matter how much they help.

Not true mine were not bent.....it proves a. These brackets get bent way to easy and there is a good chance the tooling is off

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Yeah fck this, theyre coming off my car tonight... Im emailing bmr and requesting either a refund or a credit. They have been on my car for like i said MAYBE 200mi. No track passes yet but i dont need to buy a whole new axle assembly due to a spun tube....

cuzracecar

Established Member
I just ordered some bbr lower controll arms and relo brackets 2!!!! Fml, well at least I didn't put them on I guess that's a plus...

CobraHuck

Established Member
Ok, so what's the fix for the LCA angle then? Just fully weld on relo brackets?

Was planning on ordering a buncha BMR stuff soon, but this has me scared about the relo's

grabber blue gt

Established Member
If anyone is looking for BMR relo. Brackets and you actually want to weld them and the axle tubes, I will sell mine for cheap instead of you buying new. If not I am requesting a refund from BMR or atleast a credit

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
fuuuuuuuu.....need to find a welder friend. I don't drag tho so I'm thinking I'll be ok....I hope :rolleyes:

i take my car to the track a minimum of once a week ive got a little over 120 passes on it... this is the only fix for me. you may be fine on the street with a street tire or mild drag radial(like a 555r) with just the brackets welded on.... if you take it to the track, trust me the fix i listed is cheap insurance

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
I have Bbr ones but they are made by BMR and there are several people who have bent them going to measure the axle when I get home just to see where its sitting but if yours are brand new and off Ic pulled them and request a return now a cocked axle is not good

Several people huh? Before you go around posting information like that, you should ensure it is accurate. Show a picture of just one bent BMR 3-Hole bracket.

Not true mine were not bent.....it proves a. These brackets get bent way to easy and there is a good chance the tooling is off

Please post pictures of your bent brackets. It's easy to keep on typing that they are bent, but, the BMR design is very hard to "bend"

You would have to basically rip through the holes, and 1"+ of 3/16" steel.

I'll put $50 right now, that says they are not bent in a manner that causes your axle to be misaligned. If you are looking at the back vertical strap, that piece has hardly anything to do with the location of the mounting holes. I bet thats what you are going by....:nono:

casper gt

Established Member
Several people huh? Before you go around posting information like that, you should ensure it is accurate. Show a picture of just one bent BMR 3-Hole bracket.

Please post pictures of your bent brackets. It's easy to keep on typing that they are bent, but, the BMR design is very hard to "bend"

I'll put $50 right now, that says they are not bent in a manner that causes your axle to be misaligned. If you are looking at the back vertical strap, that piece has hardly anything to do with the location of the mounting holes. I bet thats what you are going by....:nono:

+1^

I don't doubt for a min. you guy's alignment issues, but I find it hard to believe also that a few passes (or none in some cases) on mild 60' cars can bend the actual brackets, I think some looing into other areas might be in order.

alex12gt

Established Member

OK so let's put it this way it is one of 2 things........

A.they are bent
B.the were off to begin with

When my drag tire took paint off the front of the drivers side fender that's when I noticed if was slightly more then half and inch forward on the drivers side......so we pulled them off and bam axle is back almost even again

Grabber blue gt has the same issue and they have only been on for 200 miles.....so either way they are not right and if they were off to begin with that's on BMR I have no way to prove mine were and am not trashing a company but if they are off then that's an issue that needs to be fixed

I also spoke with BMR and wanted to send them back to be checked but never really dug into it as it was winter

downwardspiral

Hammerhead
Established Member

I'm not writing a documentary here.. but it has been mentioned in other bent axle tube threads that a common denominator was relocation brackets. There was a recent one with a gentleman with welded axle tubes that still bent. It would take me about an hour to get a list of links on the issue.. but those who have been watching will probably agree.

Users who are viewing this thread