crooked axle?

alex12gt

Established Member
noticed today my drag wheels had rubbed on the front side of the drivers side wheel well so after i put my stockers back on i measured from the same point on the plastic rockers and the driver side is forward almost a .5 inch....

ive got bbr control arms and relocation brackets and adjustable panard bar with eibach prokit springs

any ideas on what to check first?

SicShelby09

Banned
noticed today my drag wheels had rubbed on the front side of the drivers side wheel well so after i put my stockers back on i measured from the same point on the plastic rockers and the driver side is forward almost a .5 inch....

ive got bbr control arms and relocation brackets and adjustable panard bar with eibach prokit springs

Lower control arms.

alex12gt

Established Member
It appears the relocation bracket on the drivers side may be bent ill know more in a few hours

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member

^^^^^

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Had the same problem when I had LCA's and relocation brackets a year ago. I ended up needing adj. LCA's and that was the fix. Took me forever to figure it out.

Is your steering wheel off centered also?

alex12gt

Established Member
I pulled off the relocation brackets and its straight again there was a good nick on the drivers side bracket but i would remember anything that would have hit with enough force to bend it so ill just run without as i plan to pull the entire rear out here soon and ill get some that are welded in

mooosestang

Established Member
I have che relo brackets and mine was off by .5 inches as well, same side too! I used adjustable lower control arms to fix it.

Surprisingly, the car drove pretty straight with the axle being crooked. I've found people with both bmr and che brackets with the same problem, also camaro owners.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
relo brackets are not symmetrical so I could see this being a problem.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
dammit..... I should go check mine. I noticed my steering wheel isnt straight, wasnt sure if this was before or after the Lca and bracket install though. I just took notice to it recently.

alex12gt

Established Member
well this thread is old but here is an update......pulled relocation brackets and it fixxed the issue but also had another issues which turned out to be a bent axle so got that taken care of and also had the tubes welded up as well im not putting the relocation brackets back on as im sure they are bent so im running it stock for now

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Well...... I have the issue. The drivers side rear is about a 1/2 forward more than the passenger side rear and my steering wheel needs to be slightly turned to the right to drive straight.....

Now what needs to be done in order to fix this? Adj lca's or remove the relo brackets? I HIGHLY doubt theyre bent cause theyve been on for less than 200mi.......... Soooo annoying

VIPERED91GT

Ford Technician
Established Member
well this thread is old but here is an update......pulled relocation brackets and it fixxed the issue but also had another issues which turned out to be a bent axle so got that taken care of and also had the tubes welded up as well im not putting the relocation brackets back on as im sure they are bent so im running it stock for now

:dw: that sux.. do you and the rest of the guys think its worth using the upr rear brace kit to stiffen the rear up??

alex12gt

Established Member
I don't think using adjustable lca's is right that's just an bandaid to the problem and I bent an axle shaft so the brace wouldn't have really helped

Users who are viewing this thread