Cross country road-trip in the GT500

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I'm really enjoying your blog it's very good.

If I did this with my wife we wouldn't make it out of our home state. One of us would be dead by the others hand.

Lol. Well, it will either bring you together or drive you apart, that;s for sure. For us it has mostly been the former with occasional spurts of the latter.

dom418

Established Member
Holy BUG splatter! I wouldn't be able to eat knowing the front end of my car looked like that. You are a brave, brave man. And yes buffalo burgers taste just like regular ground beef only leaner.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I gained 5lbs just looking at what you and your wife are eating!
And correct, the pic of your front end riddled with guts is rather disturbing~

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Totally agree, the thing is a blast to drive on roadtrips, though I highly suggest removing the splitter. I've hit a lot of places so far where it scrubs even without the splitter despite going in at an angle.

I pulled it off the day after the 165 run and don't miss it one bit, the pucker factor is notably less when entering and exiting parking lots.

I love the bug shots of the front end! It shows you're driving the car the way it was meant to be driven, on the open road.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Holy BUG splatter! I wouldn't be able to eat knowing the front end of my car looked like that. You are a brave, brave man. And yes buffalo burgers taste just like regular ground beef only leaner.

The bug splatter shot is awesome! You have a lot of detail work to do in the future =).

I gained 5lbs just looking at what you and your wife are eating!
And correct, the pic of your front end riddled with guts is rather disturbing~

I pulled it off the day after the 165 run and don't miss it one bit, the pucker factor is notably less when entering and exiting parking lots.

I love the bug shots of the front end! It shows you're driving the car the way it was meant to be driven, on the open road.

This is awesome! The car is meant to be driven!

Pete

Holy food.... :)

Lol at all the bug splatter comments. I knew it was going to be one of the more controversial shots, but there's no way to do this without having it happen, so... If it makes you feel better, I had it waxed right before leaving, and all of the bugs came right off when I had it washed the next day. :)

On the food, I love to eat. If I wasn't committed to exercise and diet 90% of the year, I'd still be 300+ lbs., so keep in mind I only eat this way once a year at most.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
that's awesome, good for you. as someone who babies his garage queen shelby, I'm glad you are out there driving it.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Good to see McGuire's is still going strong! That was a favorite when I was assigned at Eglin AFB, many years ago. Looks like you had a great meal, but you didn't mention whether you KISSED THE MOOSE...

brianz426

Established Member
Your Blog is making me hungry. Sounds like a great trip and lot of fun. Have you both been comfortable all these hours in the car? Did you get any opportunities to really open her up, ... top speed so far?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Good to see McGuire's is still going strong! That was a favorite when I was assigned at Eglin AFB, many years ago. Looks like you had a great meal, but you didn't mention whether you KISSED THE MOOSE...

Lololo, shhhhh, I'm trying to keep McGuires lore a secret! I think only by visiting can you really capture the magic of the place.

No, I didn't kiss the moose (not my first rodeo). I tried REALLY HARD to get my wife to, even got the singer in on it, but she was having none of it.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Your Blog is making me hungry. Sounds like a great trip and lot of fun. Have you both been comfortable all these hours in the car? Did you get any opportunities to really open her up, ... top speed so far?

Lol, yea, I like to eat well, and I wanted to catalog that as kind of a 'review' of local cuisine.
On comfort, it's been great. Back has been a hair sore on 12+ hour days, but nothing 5 minutes out of the car doesn't fix.
Top speed on the trip so far is about 135, I've been pretty tame, but it's been over 100 for some very long (multi-hour) stretches. I've had it to 162 prior to the trip.

Users who are viewing this thread