cross drilled and sloted rotors. Who's using these?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
They crack because they are junk metal. I've run Premium 'Drilled' and slotted rotors on several vehicles including the Lightning, an F250, and Excursion and they never cracked.

My expirience with ebay rotors is they are cheap chinese rotors that were made that way over there, or shipped over here, then drilled. They suck before a single hole or slot goes into them. I've had many unhappy customers come in with these things hoping I can machine them and make them right. The metal in them is so bad I usually can't even turn them.

However, with that being said there are a bunch of guys on here using some ebay brands without problems. But I won't even try.

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
I bought the ones that were recommended here on the board but I forgot who the company name. They came in a nice finish drilled and slotted and have had no problems with them. I have had them for at least a year and a couple of auto x and plenty of 1/4 mile events :)

Now that I think about it, maybe it was rotor pros?

Edit*

It was them http://www.rotorpros.com/

Still look good and they work great.

Last edited:

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
I have these rotors on all my truck and my SHO, they are good! no issues with cracking and i have had a few beat down sessions. the Rotors are stock Ford BOSS OEM rotors that are cross drilled and Slotted... so if the FORD rotors are crap then you will think these are crap... but they are as good OEM and better performing...

i like em!

TrueBlueVenom

Established Member
got hp said:
I bought the ones that were recommended here on the board but I forgot who the company name. They came in a nice finish drilled and slotted and have had no problems with them. I have had them for at least a year and a couple of auto x and plenty of 1/4 mile events :)

Now that I think about it, maybe it was rotor pros?

Edit*

It was them http://www.rotorpros.com/

Still look good and they work great.

werd. I had Rotor Pros drilled/slotted on my GT with absolutely no issues - no rotor warping, no cracks from the drilled holes, etc. I had it on my GT for 1-1.5 years and sold the GT with them.

I just ordered drilled/slotted from them again for my '01 Cobra - it'll get installed whenever my car gets outta the shop.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
I just bought a full set of R1's today, their 'premium' drilled and diamond slotted rotors. They do the work right down here in Yorba Linda too, so if you decide that you hate them at least they are within driving distance away to go raise some hell for using cheap blanks :D

Mine were 405$, 4 rotors with pads.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
The same company was offering a GB over on NLOC for these as well. So they may be okay to use, I however will be going with either brembo or willwoods. Which ever ones fit for my application at the time.

lightning_2001

Established Member
im going with EBC brake pads and rotors.already got front.need $$ for back.(any donations:D )

Users who are viewing this thread