CTS-V Caddy anybody?

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Anybody own one of these cars? My dad just got one last week. :coolman:

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/

Let me tell you what, that car has balls! :bowdown: :bowdown: :rockon:
400 horse and a a tremec 6 speed make this car a road stomping machine. Not to metion the voice navigation and DVD player in the dash. A new Cat Back Exaust is on the way for it already, which should push the power well over 400. here is some pics I took tonight.
4smg3p

4smg6q

4smgbb

4smgcz

4smgeo

4smgip

4smgkm

racebronco2

Established Member
i was at an on-track event and one of them were there ... my 04 cobra was quicker on the track then it was but let me tell you i was not that much quicker then he was ... if he had race tires, cat-back and maybe a chip i don't who would have been quicker .... he was passing some of the slower cobra's and s2000's

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Ya first caddy we have ever had(as you can see with the fords parked everywhere), Real spacious and the car does everything with the dam screen in the console. Car runs real strong and handles good. It has a g-force meter in it as well as tire monotiors. No spare tire, just runflats. Which makes me uncomfortable. oh well.

Mark302

Established Member
Very Cool!!! I just saw it in Road and Track. It is rated at 13.4@109!!!!

Banned
How would you compare the interior quality of your mustang(s) and the CTSV?

Last edited:

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
seats are about the same in the caddy's far as material but they are way more adjustable and the sides dont hold you in as much. Everything is just totally first class in the caddy. Absolutly no road noise inside. Speed shifting can be a little tricky because you cant hear the engine or transmission inside. Rides a little better than the cobra. Also I don't know why they could only get a 13.4 out of one, in motor trend they got a 13.1 at 110! it is unbelivable fast.

Dark Knight

Established Member
I traded my 03 Mach 1 in for a black CTS-V a few months back and I love it. I had the dealer install a rear spoiler (low on the deck lid and low profile), the optional polished rims offered from Cadillac as well as the Corsa exhaust, which is a GM approved option. It really is a great car. :thumbsup:
Take care.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I love those cars, I was reading an automotive mag and they were doing like this big test with all of these tuner cars (everything from caddies to Golfs). ****ing four door caddies (two of em if I remember correctly) dominated everything. I think they were super or turbocharged...really interesting. I cant wait till they start putting that new 440 hp northstar in some cars.

BBriBro

Established Member
toomanymustangs said:
Not to metion the voice navigation and DVD player in the dash.
Can you clarify that? Do you mean a DVD based nav system ? I can't imagine there is actually a DVD player, (so you can watch movies)

RHSPJETER64

Established Member
I love it. My dad bought a CTS in 2003, the first year they came out. But now he wishes he would have waited for the V8.

svtmustang04

Established Member
I absolutly love those. im going to the Auto Show in Motion at Gillette Stadium later this month. hopefully ill be able to drive one. I saw one in a local dealership, and had thoughts of trading in the cobra for it. Idk, this Auto Show in Motion may be dangerous. lol.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I got behind a modded one at a light once. He saw me and took off hard when it turned green.

I decided to take off with him to see what he had. His CTS-V was very quick. I had to get on it pretty hard, but had to slightly shortshift each gear to avoid overtaking him. Once I got into 4th gear, I started pulling on him very hard, so I let off.

He had some kind of custom exhaust on there and who knows what else. It sounded totally wicked. Not faster than an 03/04 Cobra, but I'd love to have one.

Users who are viewing this thread