CTS-V Caddy anybody?

Banned
Correct, it is a dvd based Nav. But there are ways to actually play dvds on it. Hope that helps!

BBriBro said:
Can you clarify that? Do you mean a DVD based nav system ? I can't imagine there is actually a DVD player, (so you can watch movies)

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
one of these pulled up to my work a couple weekends ago. He said it had 400 hp and a 6 speed. Thing was sweet. sounded good too. sweet ass ride.

Banned
suposedly you can bipase that to where you can watch while moving.. This car is just awsome.

toomanymustangs said:
Yes the thing will let you watch movies when your not moving. Pretty crazy.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
its a nice car but to those who said its one of the nicest 4 doors out there seem to never drivin a audi\bmw\vw\jag....

drool a6 4.2 v8....

dugdremel

R O W Y C O
Established Member
Nice looking car, but as a mechanic who works on cars daily, I would never buy a cadilac. Not to mention caddy has a problem with those cars over heating that they can't seem to solve.

I had one in the other day with verticle doors, 20's and like 5 t.v.'s in it. The car had 32,000 miles on it and it just seemed chincy. To each his own though. I would never buy it, but if it was given to me I would definately take it.

Then trade it in on the 07 cobra that is coming out!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That thing would look nice lowered on some 18in BBS style wheels.

Caddis do have a lot of problems. My parents had an escalade and had to take it in twice within the first month for the ac and power seats which didnt work. My friend has one also and he had the same problem with his ac but it went out right after his warrenty was up. Other than that theyre nice cars with a great engines.

Taylor04

**** it, Run it!
Established Member
My friend's dad has a 2005 silver CTS-V. That thing is soo much fun to cruise around in, we always drive it when we can. I love that car, there are so many electronic features to mess around with too, the best we have found so far is the Lateral G Meter. Its fun to slam it in a corner and see how many Lateral G's you can pull.

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Taylor04 said:
My friend's dad has a 2005 silver CTS-V. That thing is soo much fun to cruise around in, we always drive it when we can. I love that car, there are so many electronic features to mess around with too, the best we have found so far is the Lateral G Meter. Its fun to slam it in a corner and see how many Lateral G's you can pull.

definetly-I got .75 on the on-ramp to the freeway yesterday.

04torchred

Established Member
CTS-V's kick ass. Did you ever see the mallet CTS-V? Over 700rwhp forget the torque but it was nuts. Had a 435ci LS1 with a vortech supercharger(12-15psi I think) Think hauled ass.

Dark Knight

Established Member
smakm2k4 said:
suposedly you can bipase that to where you can watch while moving.. This car is just awsome.

Yes, you push the forward seek button and the second to the last button on the right side of the screen at the same time after you get the movie playing. Then you can disengage the parking brake and the movie will remain playing. It was ment to play DVDs only when the parking brake is engaged, it has an on screen menu system that appears after you put a DVD in. Hope this helps.

lawfive

Lead Foot
Established Member
Hi From The CTS-V Forum!

Hi from the CTS-V forum dudes(http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98). We appreciate the love here! I'm a V guy with little background in Fords (except for my '03 F150) since I unloaded my two 1970 Cougars back in 1985.

I can tell you from experience that the V is a sweet ride. Most of us are family guys who like the combination of being able to motor the wife & kids down the road in luxury, and being able to kill most other cars when we're alone. (Stock '04 and better Cobras are a worry for stock V's, though.)

Contrary to a previous posting here, V's don't have a heat issue in general. Then do have a chronic problem (e.g. lots of guys reporting) with rear wheel hop and rear end failures... probably the one is often caused by the other. Cadillac's biggest failing on this car was mating an LS6 engine to a differential that's only rated 310 for lb/ft! But we're modding like crazy, and the tuners are helping us. We're also trying to figure out how to put some pressure on the General to fix this damned problem.

Irrespective of V idiosyncracies and quirks, we love our cars.

CU out there,
Jerry

Silver-Fobra

Established Member
Test drove one a week ago. I love how the corsa cat-back roars. But the XLR appeals more to me. Tell your mom to watch out, girls dig CTS V's. :D

Outlaw Cowboy

Glowing Horse Penis
Established Member
To those saying Cadillacs are riddled with problems probably shouldn't base their opinions of reliabilty of an entire car maker on one car that their "friends" own. Cadillac is #2 in reliabilty behind Toyota according to JD Power.

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
I'd love to have one of those. There is one guy around here in El Paso with a CTS-V, an 03 Cobra, an 05 GTO, and a 05 Vette. His car collection is badass wish I had that kind of money to throw around

dugdremel

R O W Y C O
Established Member
not baseing my opinion on one car. Can't even count how many I have worked on. Like I said, to each his own but I would steer clear of any caddy. From what I have seen of them i'm not impressed with reliabilty and design. It's not a brand thing, I am not a big fan of the Lincoln LS either.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
toomanymustangs said:
Anybody own one of these cars? My dad just got one last week. :coolman:

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0502_trio/

Let me tell you what, that car has balls! :bowdown: :bowdown: :rockon:
400 horse and a a tremec 6 speed make this car a road stomping machine. Not to metion the voice navigation and DVD player in the dash. A new Cat Back Exaust is on the way for it already, which should push the power well over 400. here is some pics I took tonight.

My dad bought one of the first ones to hit the lot. He got the burgandy color. And all the dealers options, chrome rims, exhaust, etc...

He can drive the hell out of that think and still can barely pull 12.9s

After having it a while he's decided its not all it was chalked up to be. He's most likely gonna trade it for an 04 Viper. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread