Cubs fan's in here.

Matts2000gt

Established Member
LBSVT93 said:
Its a shame this fight had to happen really when you think about it kids idolize baseball players and learn to fight from seeing displays like this. I mean come on these guys make so much money give me a break they need to act like adults......I know if someone told me hey if you fight that guy you are going to lose a lot of money cause you are going to get suspended i wouldnt fight anyone....I mean come on these guys know kids idolize them they should use some common sense....I know everyone loves a fight at a baseball game but come on these guys are supposed to be professonal.....give me a break

Have you played competitive sports? It's called "the heat of the moment". He was fired up and with good reason.

And your "they need to act like adults" and "kids idolize baseball players and learn to fight from seeing displays like this" comments...:dw: come on man. If teaching your kids to stand up for themselves, (ESPECIALLY if someone throws a ball at your head and then talks smack) is wrong, then I'm not going to be a very good parent.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
HA! Youngs pitch looked like a breaking ball that just didn't break...I don't think it was intentional. I don't agree that he should have talked back, but did you see just how far Lee's arm was from Young when he took a swing? Young is a BIG boy! Then Young popped him one.

biggyman6

pumpkin
Established Member
Young didnt pop him, they both missed and then marcus giles got in Youngs gut and pushed him back. I was at the game and the crowd was just going insane. Like I said earlier Young probably has an 4 or 5 inch reach on Lee. You try hitting something alot taller than you and see if you connect.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I'll have to watch the vid again...it look like young got him...HA peavy has a black eye! Anyone know who got him? Sorry, I work in a restaurant with a guy that does all these events for the Padres for Outback and says peavy has a black eye :) and I agree with the reach thing....Young has got some long freakin' arms!

Users who are viewing this thread