Curb weight of A6?

htk084

Established Member
Does anyone have the curb weight of a 2012 GT premium bone stock A6? Would really appreciate this, tried searching but no luck.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Best way to find out is find some scales.

There's such a big difference between a base model and a loaded car. Mines a GTCS with nav/shaker 1000 basically the heaviest option GT minus a glass roof. Mods in my sig (besides the boss intake) I could only pull .5-1 car on my buddy's base model catback only m6 GT.

Mine also weighed 3,500lbs not counting me. All the mods in the sig plus tubular radiator support and no sway bar.

BV600

Established Member
mine was 3555 without me in it.
Now I have SpareTire, Jack, Lighter Axle backs, no washer fluid and a couple other random things.
I should be in the 34?? range.

D.T.R

Established Member
I've been wondering what a stock A6 premium (400A) car would weight... i couldn't find anything about it :(

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've been wondering what a stock A6 premium (400A) car would weight... i couldn't find anything about it :(

Go to the local truck stop with a sign like this outside.

Truck-on-scale-cropped-300x250.jpg

Push the button, tell the person who answers you want to weigh your car. It cost me $10.00 locally.

My fully loaded car with factory additions in my sig, with DSS carbon fiber DS, Forgestar wheels, Circle D 2B, Exhaust with no cats or resonators, magnaflow mufflers, and a FULL tank a fuel weighs 3,680. I just put it on the scales last Sunday, and will weigh again with the SVE drag wheels when I put them on.

You have to be cautious about some of the weights posted in forums. The difference between a full tank and empty is 100+ lbs. I always weight full so I know it's always the same for comparison sake.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member

Push the button, tell the person who answers you want to weigh your car. It cost me $10.00 locally.

My fully loaded car with factory additions in my sig, with DSS carbon fiber DS, Forgestar wheels, Circle D 2B, Exhaust with no cats or resonators, magnaflow mufflers, and a FULL tank a fuel weighs 3,680. I just put it on the scales last Sunday, and will weigh again with the SVE drag wheels when I put them on.
Gotcha, like i said i weighed mine at SGMP and was suprised as to how light the car was... i just wanted to know what it's supposed to weigh if the car was 100% stock

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Gotcha, like i said i weighed mine at SGMP and was suprised as to how light the car was... i just wanted to know what it's supposed to weigh if the car was 100% stock

What did it weigh and what factory options do you have? What weight have you removed?

Was the tank full, half full, 1/4 tank? Fuel level makes a huge difference.

D.T.R

Established Member
It weighed in at 3460lbs without me in it.
It's a premium car with recaro seats. No other factory options other than the color and automatic.
I was on bigs and littles, i have a shaftmasters DS, circle D 2B converter, O/R H midpipe and that's it. Oh i took the spare wheel off.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It weighed in at 3460lbs without me in it.
It's a premium car with recaro seats. No other factory options other than the color and automatic.
I was on bigs and littles, i have a shaftmasters DS, circle D 2B converter, O/R H midpipe and that's it. Oh i took the spare wheel off.

What fuel level was it? Half tank? Quarter?

Do you have brembo brakes?

I'm trying to see how much more a glass roof/NAV car weighs.

P.S. Shaun @ AED changed one simple thing in my tune to make the 2B lockup faster for city driving, and to help with city MPG from the looser converter. The race tune was left alone, as there is no need for a faster lockup while racing.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
it had just over a 1/4 tank of gas... but i mean i also had a helmet, my wife's purse and some hoodies in the car lol

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
it had just over a 1/4 tank of gas... but i mean i also had a helmet, my man purse and some Trayvon hoodies in the car lol

Fixed!

I keed...I keed!

Your big weight reduction is bigs/littles and so little fuel. Your car would weigh 75 lbs. more with a full tank and 100 more with stock wheels. (est.)

I'm going out on a limb with estimates here. Add 75 for gas and another 100 for wheels tires, add 175 to the weight of 3460 = 3635 lbs.

That means my car weighs about 45 lbs more than yours in stock form. That's about the difference Brembo brakes, Glass Roof, and NAV/Camera add. I'm OK with that.

D.T.R

Established Member
^ true.
I need to take the passenger and rear seats and make a pass that way and weigh it... just for shiggles.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
^ true.
I need to take the passenger and rear seats and make a pass that way and weigh it... just for shiggles.

I'd love to have the Boss LS rear seat delete in silver. However, no way in H. E. double hockey sticks am I going to pay $1000.00 to lose only 22 lbs. *off the back end of the car*

So many people make the mistake of trying to take weight off this car on the wrong end. Taking weight off the back of the car is a BAD idea for drag/dig racing. The car is nose heavy. Focus on weight reduction in the front with lighter K member, radiator support, battery replacement....instead of taking weight off the rear.

This makes the car faster from a dig, improves weight transfer, with less "spinning" problems due to lack of weight on the back. I also race with 1/2 tank of fuel to keep weight distribution closer, to assist with traction.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
yeah, i can always take that stuff off and go back to stock if the NVH is noticeable enough and unbearable.

NitrousExpress

Established Member

You have to be cautious about some of the weights posted in forums. The difference between a full tank and empty is 100+ lbs. I always weight full so I know it's always the same for comparison sake.

Nice. Thanks for the useful info.

-Garrett

Gene K

Established Member
2012 Curb Weights (Full Fuel)
GT Base M6 - 3603 lb
GT Base Auto - 3660 lb
*Spoiler Delete minus 5 lb.

On the 2013-2014 Premium adds 4 lb. It would likely be similar on the 2012.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
2013-2014
GT Base M6 - 3618 lb
GT Premium M6 - 3622 lb
GT Base Auto - 3675 lb
GT Premium Auto - 3679 lb
*Spoiler Delete minus 5 lb.

Plus the weight of any addition additional options.

Those are published Curb Weights (Full Tank of Fuel) by Ford. They seem to be pretty close based on shipping weights found on the MSO

Good info here. GT Premium Auto is right on par with my car as it sits. What weight was gained from additional options like Brembo brakes and glass roof have been mitigated with catless midpipe, lighter wheels, and lighter driveshaft.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread