Curb weight of A6?

BV600

Established Member
2012 Curb Weights (Full Fuel)
GT Base M6 - 3603 lb
GT Base Auto - 3660 lb
*Spoiler Delete minus 5 lb.

On the 2013-2014 Premium adds 4 lb. It would likely be similar on the 2012.

Hate to say but this is wrong. from factory fresh from dealership 2014 Base 301A Auto car weighed 3555..

Gene K

Established Member
Hate to say but this is wrong. from factory fresh from dealership 2014 Base 301A Auto car weighed 3555..

Hmmmm.... Thats almost the same as Shipping Weight (With very little fuel). Thats awful light with 16 gallons of fuel.

No explanation.

PS Ill go weigh mine.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I weighed mine with 1/2 tank of fuel, BONE stock, stock mufflers, spare in the back, etc. Without me in it is was 3575 on Bandimere's scale. With a full tank I could see it being 3610 ish.

BV600

Established Member
Hmmmm.... Thats almost the same as Shipping Weight (With very little fuel). Thats awful light with 16 gallons of fuel.

No explanation.

PS Ill go weigh mine.

Oh btw 1/4 tank gas big factor. I need to reweigh mine after dropping maybe 100lbs or so.

Gene K

Established Member
2014 300A 13D Auto

Ford Estimated Curb Weight - 3670 lb
CAT Scale - 3660 lb (Reads in 20 lb increments - Acuuracy +/- 1%)
Corner Scales - 3667 lb (Accuracy +/- 0.1%)

Last edited:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Weighed my car at SGMP and it was 3500 without me(3730 with me). It's a 13 301a A6 sitting just as it left the dealer and had just under a 1/4 tank of fuel.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

You missed his post information. Your shipping weight is without fuel in it, or very little. Your car will be 75-100 lbs. heavier with a full tank.

I think if we want to find consistency in this thread, everyone needs to fill their tank up as full as they can, then weigh their car on a local certified CAT scale. Using local race track or waste dump scales doesn't insure nationwide accuracy between weigh stations.

CAT scales are calibrated to read consistent across the country. They have to be, as they give a guarantee of it.

20130722_092535_zpsd60376c0.jpg

You can see in the picture above. The shipping weight of my car is much lighter than the actual CAT scaled 3,680 lbs. with a full tank, and this was after ~ 40 lbs. of weight reduction.

Last edited:

Gene K

Established Member
A 13-14 premium weighs only 4lbs more than a base?

If its a 400A with no additional options. A little for the electronics, a little for the power motor on the drivers seat (manual already has height adjuster) and I think the leather may actually be lighter. Its all the additional options people add to Premiums that add weight.

Last edited:

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
You missed his post information. Your shipping weight is without fuel in it, or very little. Your car will be 75-100 lbs. heavier with a full tank.

I think if we want to find consistency in this thread, everyone needs to fill their tank up as full as they can, then weigh their car on a local certified CAT scale. Using local race track or waste dump scales doesn't insure nationwide accuracy between weigh stations.

I feel certain the scale at SGMP is pretty accurate but this is simply based on the fact that once I stepped out of the car it dropped 230lbs and a few days earlier I weighed 229lbs at the DR's office. I have weighed my F150 at SGMP and on a set of 4 corner scales that a friend has to set up his track car and the total was less than 20lbs. Still doesn't mean they are accurate I know but a CAT scale is close and I will visit it soon to get some extra verification.

5lho

Established Member
My fully loaded premium (less glass roof) BBP M6 car weighs, with slicks out back on 00 Mustang wheels, on low fuel (as in 20 km to empty low), according to the dragstrip scale:

3680 with me, I'm a buck and a half so, 3530 car only. I find this shockingly light for a fully loaded car.

1/2 tank sits at 3765 w. me

Full is 3825 w. me.

Can't remember if I ever weighed it with the heavyweight BBP wheels on back. It could be the full one b/c the tank capacity of 16 gallons says we have about 100 pounds of fuel aboard, full.

This is, again, all according to the dragstrip scale at my local track.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
My fully loaded premium (less glass roof) BBP M6 car weighs, with slicks out back on 00 Mustang wheels, on low fuel (as in 20 km to empty low), according to the dragstrip scale:

3680 with me, I'm a buck and a half so, 3530 car only. I find this shockingly light for a fully loaded car.

1/2 tank sits at 3765 w. me

Full is 3825 w. me.

Can't remember if I ever weighed it with the heavyweight BBP wheels on back. It could be the full one b/c the tank capacity of 16 gallons says we have about 100 pounds of fuel aboard, full.

This is, again, all according to the dragstrip scale at my local track.

As has been said, adding the premium options doesn't add much weight. However, the auto is about 50 lbs heavier than the M6 is, given an otherwise identical car.

5lho

Established Member
It begs the question where the magical 400 pound loss is coming from in 2015. I realize the new car will be smaller but, 400 pounds smaller? As one can see from this thread, there's not tons of fat hanging about here; this ain't no 1973 introducing a Mustang II Pinto chassis. People are still going to want well-appointed cars and I expect that'll narrow the weight gap considerably. Whatever, I shoved this fatty into the 11s full weight, I'm happy.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I can add more substance to this thread. All weights were taken with a full tank. The car has a full interior, nothing has been removed.

2014 Mustang GT: Sterling Gray | NAV | Recaros | Brembos | Glass Roof | back up camera | 6 speed auto

Here is my car, fully loaded, stock Brembo wheels, off road exhaust, and complete BMR suspension.
Catdeletewsuspensionweight_zpsfe2a4faf.jpg

Here is the same car with only changes being Forgestar wheels and Carbon Fiber driveshaft.
driveshaftandforgestarwheelsweight0000_zps677aa137.jpg

Same car again, this time, installed SVE drag wheels (MT ET Street 275/50/15 and M&H 185/55/17) and deleted the front sway bar for the track, using BMR's new RS003 radiator support. Also changed to a Circle D converter (~5 lb. reduction)
SVEDragWheelsweight0000_zpsaaad047b.jpg

I race with a 1/2 tank of fuel, so that would put the car around 3,530 at the track. Add my 240 lb. body, and actual race weight is 3,770. Future weight reduction will include a lighter battery and possible K member swap.

Teaser crap cell phone pic until I get better.

20131026_174728_zps272d20eb.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread