Curious about mile times for running.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
Fastest mile time ever for me was around 4:40, fastest 5k was 16:45. That was in high school...I hope to get there again one day.

For the now, last year I ran a 5:25 mile when it was 95* outside:uh oh:, man that sucked to have to do. Peak of the season last year when running for distance was 13 miles at 7:45-8:00 pace for some training runs...never tried racing just the run. One of my life goals is to eventually qualify for the Boston Marathon....7:15 mile for 26.2 miles...:eek::eek:

I am currently the same size as I was in high school, 5'10" 170lbs.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
9-10 min miles also.....i ran 4 yesterday, i usually do 3 but i had a good stride going and didn't tire out....so i kept going 1 more mile.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Today at work I did a 5:44.....these are all on a treadmill as I don't have access to a track at work. I was still happy with it....however I didn't have much left in the tank after that one.

Side note: Last time I did the timed mile at work a week ago we had a structure fire....lets hope that is not a trend.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
The personal best mile was in high school during basketball conditioning. It was basically a month of running for 2 hours straight and then lifting weights. We'd do tons of sprints and mile runs. On the last day of conditioning my senior year, I ran a 5:45 mile. I was 6'3", 160 lbs then. I'm more like 190 now, so there's no way I'd be able to get anything close to that now. I could also dunk a basketball pretty easily in those days. It's amazing how much 30 lbs weighs you down when jumping. I can barely grab the rim with 1 hand now.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Today at work I did a 5:44.....these are all on a treadmill as I don't have access to a track at work. I was still happy with it....however I didn't have much left in the tank after that one.

Side note: Last time I did the timed mile at work a week ago we had a structure fire....lets hope that is not a trend.

Really need to get a timed mile on the road, a lot different than on a machine. In your daily drive find a mile section that you can run consistently to keep track of yourself.

jliddle

Established Member
Ive recently started running due to enlisting in the Marine Corps. Having never ran much in my life, im getting the hang of it. Keeping my stamina at running speed is where I need work. I ran a 830 mile about two weeks ago. Yesterday I ran my 1.5 in 13.30. Could've been from the heat or tired from working. Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread