Current New Vehicle Market

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Anyone that ordered a c8 corvette and waited for it paid msrp.... it IS a long wait though. They even have a hybrid corvette ERAY that is just as quick as a z06. There are even more corvette models coming. If i wanted one of these cars i would get on a wait list at a huge dealer and wait. Just confirm that eventually an allocation will come up. The z06 is limited production, but nobosy seems to know exactly how many will be made. The Eray isnt limited production. You WILL get a car if ure willing to wait.
My issue is I'm going through my car whore phase (just not as bad as ArabianOak yet). and waiting for an unknown period of time is something I'm likely not going to be game for. There will probably be something better and nicer out by the time any allocation came up or a car was being built. I've got the gt500 to hold me over in the meantime but I'm getting the itch for a new 2 door.

dan1982

Established Member
My issue is I'm going through my car whore phase (just not as bad as ArabianOak yet). and waiting for an unknown period of time is something I'm likely not going to be game for. There will probably be something better and nicer out by the time any allocation came up or a car was being built. I've got the gt500 to hold me over in the meantime but I'm getting the itch for a new 2 door.
get a turbo porsche.. that never gets old.. and its MILES away from a ford

Established Member
Update on the Mavrick cost. My friend ordered his and they sell them at sticker if you order and wait. The dealer has 2 on the lot now and want a 10K market adjustment and a 3K protection plan. Hard pass. Thanks for everyone's input.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Update on the Mavrick cost. My friend ordered his and they sell them at sticker if you order and wait. The dealer has 2 on the lot now and want a 10K market adjustment and a 3K protection plan. Hard pass. Thanks for everyone's input.

This is absolutely hilarious to me when pretty much all other brands have truck models that can be ordered at invoice or below.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't disagree.

Used ones with 10-20k miles are selling for $5k+ over MSRP at the auction, every single day.

Sign that the world we live in is filling up fast with man-bunned transgender's looking for a tiny "truck".

Craaaazy.

Here's a marketing pitch for Subaru -- Bring back the Brat in 2024 and that shit will sell at 2x MSRP faster than you can actually make them.

Zemedici

Established Member
Sign that the world we live in is filling up fast with man-bunned transgender's looking for a tiny "truck".

Craaaazy.

Here's a marketing pitch for Subaru -- Bring back the Brat in 2024 and that shit will sell at 2x MSRP faster than you can actually make them.

Eh, lot more women are buying trucks now than before.

And I’ll be damned if i want a woman driving a full size anything lmfao

My Hondas been crashed into 3 times, all by women.
My 03 was totaled, by a woman.

Women. Can’t. Drive.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Women. Can’t. Drive.

chick I met has a 2019 5.0

it needs a turbo :)

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Women. Can’t. Drive.
Dont assume they're all women now, they could've identified as men, just sayin

SHOdown220

Established Member

Craaaazy.

Maverick seems tiny compared to todays trucks but it wasn’t long ago trucks were a hell of a lot smaller than what we are now used to. I drove a 2011 ranger standard cab at work today and that thing was tiny.

Maverick is popular because it is cheap, fuel efficient and better utility than a sedan or small crossover. It’s a win win for someone with a commute that just needs to grab a few bags of something from Lowe’s on the weekends.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maverick seems tiny compared to todays trucks but it wasn’t long ago trucks were a hell of a lot smaller than what we are now used to. I drove a 2011 ranger standard cab at work today and that thing was tiny.

Maverick is popular because it is cheap, fuel efficient and better utility than a sedan or small crossover. It’s a win win for someone with a commute that just needs to grab a few bags of something from Lowe’s on the weekends.

Mavericks have more interior space than the Ranger. They drive like a car.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted a Maverick but couldn't wait and got a Ranger. 13COBRA how much does a negative review on the Ford questionnaire hit a dealership?

patc84

Established Member
I wanted a Maverick but couldn't wait and got a Ranger. 13COBRA how much does a negative review on the Ford questionnaire hit a dealership?

It can affect bonus money for dealer, employee, and job security.

one of the most bullshit things a manufacturer can do is a survey. One reason i left the dealer, bc customers are ****ing assholes.

Morgan

Established Member
It can affect bonus money for dealer, employee, and job security.

one of the most bullshit things a manufacturer can do is a survey. One reason i left the dealer, bc customers are ****ing assholes.

Angry customers take the time to complain, happy customers do not take time to praise. Or so it seems.

My dealer tells me that the only surveys that fall in their favor are those answered with each question at 100% positive. Sounds un-winnable.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Angry customers take the time to complain, happy customers do not take time to praise. Or so it seems.

My dealer tells me that the only surveys that fall in their favor are those answered with each question at 100% positive. Sounds un-winnable.

What’s the incentive to it? The dealers are privately owned aren’t they? Get in here and answer questions Nick!

Users who are viewing this thread