Current New Vehicle Market

robvas

Established Member
I commissioned a 755mw Combined Cycle Power plant. We we online within 2 years from the start of the project.

Is industrial production that much more difficult to commission?
I would guess that there are thousands and thousands of power plants in the USA. I bet there are 20 or less chip fabs in the USA

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Yep.

At this point, I'd say it's a 50/50 shot if you order before the 13th that you'll even see it anyways.

View attachment 1748126

Wow that's going to be tough for you guys. Good luck. I wonder if any of the other manufacturers are going to follow suit.
If not Ford might lose their best selling truck title.
I can't imagine this is all related to a chip shortage. They are making less cars than they did a few years ago so they demand for chips is less. But I do know that China has increased their prices for components and materials for said chips 300%-400%.

My wife is a global manager for a company that makes semi conductors and the shit she tells me that China pulls is alarming. Their U.S factory is at 110% capacity, mandatory overtime, and they are building another one here. The European factories are down production wise because, well, Europeans are lazy.

Anybody know the sales figures ytd for half tons?
sure they do.. it's called the ADM incentive lmao

Nice tag line under your avatar. Subtle but revealing.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Wow that's going to be tough for you guys. Good luck. I wonder if any of the other manufacturers are going to follow suit.
If not Ford might lose their best selling truck title.
I can't imagine this is all related to a chip shortage. They are making less cars than they did a few years ago so they demand for chips is less. But I do know that China has increased their prices for components and materials for said chips 300%-400%.

My wife is a global manager for a company that makes semi conductors and the shit she tells me that China pulls is alarming. Their U.S factory is at 110% capacity, mandatory overtime, and they are building another one here. The European factories are down production wise because, well, Europeans are lazy.

Anybody know the sales figures ytd for half tons?

Nice tag line under your avatar. Subtle but revealing.

I’ll tell you this… I’m a Ford guy through and through….

But 10,000 Markups are not something I will pay. If Dodge and or GMC offer reasonable Pricing and Ford chooses not to, I will shop elsewhere for my Vehicles.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

But 10,000 Markups are not something I will pay. If Dodge and or GMC offer reasonable Pricing and Ford chooses not to, I will shop elsewhere for my Vehicles.

I often like your responses...

But this one doesn't make sense.

It's not Ford, Dodge, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, etc that has mark ups. It's particular dealers.

Before you decide to go shop another brand, let me quote you prices.

Tezz500

Established Member
I often like your responses...

But this one doesn't make sense.

It's not Ford, Dodge, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, etc that has mark ups. It's particular dealers.

Before you decide to go shop another brand, let me quote you prices.

Oh I certainly will. And when I say Ford I mean the dealerships. Which as you stated isn’t a fair assessment as some have been reasonable where others are out of control ridiculous.

I always shop around and Missouri ain’t that far for me to grab a good deal. I’ll definitely hit you up.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

We traded a F-350 and added a Ram 3500 to our fleet a few years ago and my dad traded his King Ranch for a Longhorn. Based on my experience's with those two trucks I think Ford makes a better product and it is especially noticeable on the lower levels Tradesmen vs XL.
I think the Ram looks nicer and is nicer inside, but I think the Ford is built better. Is that worth more, sure. maybe $1k-$2k not but anywhere near the $7k I'm seeing on XLT vs Big Horn. Factor in the financing and the difference is even more. (See post 770)

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
How does that translate into making the building of said facility more difficult?

Not trolling. Serious question.

The tolerances and cleanliness required make everything painstakingly slow. There is no good enough, it must be perfect. That fact explains why the Chinese have/had such a hard time building fabs, their engineering is geared for good enough, which is why their shit has a distressing habit of falling down.

Tezz500

Established Member
We traded a F-350 and added a Ram 3500 to our fleet a few years ago and my dad traded his King Ranch for a Longhorn. Based on my experience's with those two trucks I think Ford makes a better product and it is especially noticeable on the lower levels Tradesmen vs XL.
I think the Ram looks nicer and is nicer inside, but I think the Ford is built better. Is that worth more, sure. maybe $1k-$2k not but anywhere near the $7k I'm seeing on XLT vs Big Horn. Factor in the financing and the difference is even more. (See post 770)

I agree with most except the rams looks. But again, definitely not worth the mark ups being peddled by Ford dealers.

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
How does that translate into making the building of said facility more difficult?

Not trolling. Serious question.
There's more of them and they've been built here for a long time. Components are more available, there are more people that are familiar with them, more companies can work on it.
It's like...is it easier and faster to build a 9 second foxbody or some other car that doesn't even exist over here in the US

Tezz500

Established Member
The tolerances and cleanliness required make everything painstakingly slow. There is no good enough, it must be perfect. That fact explains why the Chinese have/had such a hard time building fabs, their engineering is geared for good enough, which is why their shit has a distressing habit of falling down.

That makes sense. I could see that being a serious hinderance to completing the project.

Tezz500

Established Member
There's more of them and they've been built here for a long time. Components are more available, there are more people that are familiar with them, more companies can work on it.
It's like...is it easier and faster to build a 9 second foxbody or some other car that doesn't even exist over here in the US

So how many years does it take to build a chip plant?

robvas

Established Member
So how many years does it take to build a chip plant?
The Intel plant they are supposed to start this year in Columbus is supposed to begin producing chips in 2025, if you believe that.

And in Texas, Samsung said it expects building work to commence in the first half of 2022 and it hopes to have the site in operation by the second half of 2024.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I agree with most accept the rams looks. But again, definitely not worth the mark ups being peddled by Ford dealers.

It's not even the mark-up. Ram dealers are giving you money off and have 0% for 60 months. Nick always works out a great deal for people here (Except when he couldn't get me a Raptor allocation, forcing me to buy my Turbo S, You'll get me next time Nick), and there are other Ford dealers who will deal with you a little bit. But even so it is still a huge difference.
I'd rather see my son get another F-150 but it isn't worth what he'd have to pay to get into one.

And I agree, looks are subjective.

My understanding is around 10 years from groundbreaking to chips out the door.

My wife's company will have their facility up and running 3rd or 4th Qtr 2023. That's almost 2 years. And they build mil-spec & aviation stuff.

q6543

Established Member
Screenshot_20220510-150456_Chrome.jpg

Yeah I interpreted that as up and running facilities can expand in a shorter multi year time frame, scratch build are gonna be awhile.

Can't get the chips to build machines that build chips will be a issue.

Users who are viewing this thread