Current New Vehicle Market

robvas

Established Member
The other thing is the new plants probably aren't making the top of line shit which is easier to do. They are still designing the machines for the newest chips

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The Intel plant they are supposed to start this year in Columbus is supposed to begin producing chips in 2025, if you believe that.

And in Texas, Samsung said it expects building work to commence in the first half of 2022 and it hopes to have the site in operation by the second half of 2024.

So exactly the amount of time it took to commission a power plant….

Doesn’t seem like a decade….

C2tuck

Established Member
I often like your responses...

But this one doesn't make sense.

It's not Ford, Dodge, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, etc that has mark ups. It's particular dealers.

Before you decide to go shop another brand, let me quote you prices.

Nick,

Let me know when the order que opens up for the 23 super duty’s I’m definitely ordering one.

robvas

Established Member
So exactly the amount of time it took to commission a power plant….

Doesn’t seem like a decade….
I would get my car they miss that by at least a year

The one Intel did in Ireland took over four. Not ten years but 2X the power plant

Fat Boss

Established Member
Can't get the chips to build machines that build chips will be a issue.

Confirmed. We're severely supply chain constrained. We shipped over $600M worth of chip making systems last quarter that are deferred revenue since they shipped incomplete. This is not going to get better any time soon.

Dusten

Established Member
You know, this is comical… You act like Ford shares weren’t sitting at three dollars not very long ago. Lol trust me the market is going to change.

Ford's shares are not what we are discussing is it? I could give two ****s what the car market is doing. I bought my last new car in 2018. I bought a 30 year old car that I daily.

I'll stick to my slow and unique classics and let someone else fight over being newest and fastest.

Ford has never had issues moving it's top of the line cars.

Tezz500

Established Member
Ford's shares are not what we are discussing is it? I could give two ****s what the car market is doing. I bought my last new car in 2018. I bought a 30 year old car that I daily.

I'll stick to my slow and unique classics and let someone else fight over being newest and fastest.

Ford has never had issues moving it's top of the line cars.

All aspects of the market can be reflected in the stock price.

So you certainly should give a ****.

But anyway, if you don’t give a ****, why did you want to be informed when the lots start filling up with Cars and Trucks they can’t give away?

I bought a New 2019 F150 for 10k under sticker.
I bought a New $60,000 2020 Explorer ST 53,000 out the door price.

I must be one hell of an negotiator since they have NO problems selling their top line vehicles….

Dusten

Established Member
All aspects of the market can be reflected in the stock price.

So you certainly should give a ****.

But anyway, if you don’t give a ****, why did you want to be informed when the lots start filling up with Cars and Trucks they can’t give away?

I bought a New 2019 F150 for 10k under sticker.
I bought a New $60,000 2020 Explorer ST 53,000 out the door price.

I must be one hell of an negotiator since they have NO problems selling their top line vehicles….

The point is dodge is selling the cars with discounts to move them.

Ford has no issues moving them.

You're listing an f150 and explorer. Not halo cars. You're comparing potatoes to a jack fruit.

The hellcat you listed is a top dog.

Tezz500

Established Member
The point is dodge is selling the cars with discounts to move them.

Ford has no issues moving them.

You're listing an f150 and explorer. Not halo cars. You're comparing potatoes to a jack fruit.

The hellcat you listed is a top dog.

Ok, I bought a brand new 2008 Shelby GT 500 for 4k under MSRP.

I bought a 2014 Shelby GT500 for $3008 under MSRP.

You can keep moving the goal posts all you want.

Fact remains that the market is on the edge of a cliff and it’s going to glorious when the deals start flying.

We will revisit this when you decide it’s time to trade in the 30yo shitbox since you don’t give a **** about new cars right now anyway.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Fact remains that the market is on the edge of a cliff and it’s going to glorious when the deals start flying.

We will revisit this when you decide it’s time to trade in the 30yo shitbox since you don’t give a **** about new cars right now anyway.

Were those prices as rebates by Ford or a price drop by the independent ford Dealer through haggling?

Dodge does way more rebates/incentives on their top line vehicles before any dealer price drops.
Ford doesn't and most of their independent dealers don't have to drop the price when it has come to their top trim vehicles(which is now or was the GT500 and the Raptor).
Dealers may of sold the Gen 1/2 Raptor for under MSRP but Ford has never had incentives for interest rates or cash back rebates for SVT or FP.

Deals will come, but for Ford I doubt it'll come from Ford themselves when it comes to their GT500/Raptors while I would bet Dodge offers more rebates on the Hellcats.

Tezz500

Established Member
Were those prices as rebates by Ford or a price drop by the independent ford Dealer through haggling?

Dodge does way more rebates/incentives on their top line vehicles before any dealer price drops.
Ford doesn't and most of their independent dealers don't have to drop the price when it has come to their top trim vehicles(which is now or was the GT500 and the Raptor).
Dealers may of sold the Gen 1/2 Raptor for under MSRP but Ford has never had incentives for interest rates or cash back rebates for SVT or FP.

Deals will come, but for Ford I doubt it'll come from Ford themselves when it comes to their GT500/Raptors while I would bet Dodge offers more rebates on the Hellcats.

No rebates that’s for sure.

I agree with what you’re saying. The point I’m making is people will start drifting to different dealers/manufacturers if Ford out prices themselves in the market.

Taking the “Halo” vehicle excuse isn’t going to save ford when they start getting crushed in sales because people aren’t willing to pay 30k over MSRP. Them HELOCs gotta get paid for sometime. Can you imagine buying a vehicle on a HELOC? LOL that shits happening All over. Ridiculous

Dusten

Established Member

I'm not moving the goal posts. Your reading comprehension sucks dick. I have stated halo cars the entire conversation.

Your example for dodge wheeling and dealing is the fact they're offering deals on hellcats. Dodge has always dealt even their highest end cars on low rates and huge deals.

Ford has notoriously not done that.

I'm not trading in a 30 year old anything. And it's not a shitbox. It's a rhd imported diesel Land cruiser that was more than some new cars.

Tezz500

Established Member
I'm not moving the goal posts. Your reading comprehension sucks dick. I have stated halo cars the entire conversation.

Your example for dodge wheeling and dealing is the fact they're offering deals on hellcats. Dodge has always dealt even their highest end cars on low rates and huge deals.

Ford has notoriously not done that.

I'm not trading in a 30 year old anything. And it's not a shitbox. It's a rhd imported diesel Land cruiser that was more than some new cars.

My reading comprehension is just fine. You’re just too ****ing stupid to understand this market is gonna take a shit and is already in the throes of said shit.

Enjoy your 30yo Shitbox Land Cruiser LOL.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
No rebates that’s for sure.

I agree with what you’re saying. The point I’m making is people will start drifting to different dealers/manufacturers if Ford out prices themselves in the market.

Taking the “Halo” vehicle excuse isn’t going to save ford when they start getting crushed in sales because people aren’t willing to pay 30k over MSRP. Them HELOCs gotta get paid for sometime. Can you imagine buying a vehicle on a HELOC? LOL that shits happening All over. Ridiculous

You'd have to be a flat out retard to buy a car with a HELOC. I hope that isn't really happening.

Users who are viewing this thread