Current New Vehicle Market

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I was considering replacing my Raptor with a TRX while waiting for my cab leak to be fixed so I fired up the ole trouble maker "build and price" and quickly came to my senses. Am I correct that the prices have gone up ~$35K for the 24's???

Priced out a loaded level 2 and I think I came in at 125k or so, thats more than the topped out orange Ignition I almost pulled the trigger on in 22.

Koons is 100% where I would go though, if theyre online sales people would have been responsive I would have one now. No one could touch the Koons 10K or 11% off deal. Hell my buddy just looked at a TRD (not a pro) and it was listed at $78K, he got a hyundai instead.
your eyes do not deceive you lol. my lvl 2 MSRP in early 22 was 90k(there were yearly markups during that year of like 6-7k, but i ordered before them and they honored the price and it took 11 months to get). the 23s went up again...and the 24 holy hell.

to order similar to mine now is like 115-117k...no bueno for me.

that said, the used ones really aren't selling for as much as you'd think if you'd like me to keep an eye on the fbook group for ya...that's the route i'd take if you don't go koons discount(i used Glenn CDJR, they were awesome and comparable discount). but a barely used one will be way cheaper than even 10k off a 24, and people are unloading them like mad with an economic downturn comin and 10mpg @$1250

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
your eyes do not deceive you lol. my lvl 2 MSRP in early 22 was 90k(there were yearly markups during that year of like 6-7k, but i ordered before them and they honored the price and it took 11 months to get). the 23s went up again...and the 24 holy hell.

to order similar to mine now is like 115-117k...no bueno for me.

that said, the used ones really aren't selling for as much as you'd think if you'd like me to keep an eye on the fbook group for ya...that's the route i'd take if you don't go koons discount(i used Glenn CDJR, they were awesome and comparable discount). but a barely used one will be way cheaper than even 10k off a 24, and people are unloading them like mad with an economic downturn comin and 10mpg @$1250
Thanks for the offer and insight but I think Im good for a few more years with the Raptor. Living in the rust belt the aluminum body panels on a DD are a real big reason I still have it. I cringed at all the exterior steel parts on my wifes G70, hoping I can keep it rust free like her Legacy but accessing behind some of the body panels isnt as easy or puts me up against the interior plastics. Time will tell.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The local small town Chevy dealer decided to go back to pre-covid full lot inventory.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Truth. Then again it comes down to disposable income and priorities. Some folks like to spend the coin on McMansions, Travel, fine dining, Clothes, etc…

Others spend it on vehicles. I get my enjoyment out of driving fun vehicles more than I do the other stuff. My wife on the other hand likes all of those things. Hence why I will keep working until I am 95. Not really but it feels that way some days!

I love driving ..

But my drive is 20 min a day. 4 days a week.

$2000 a month for less than 2 hours of drive time during the week.. then maybe drive a bit on the weekends.

Idk .. I want a new truck BAD. Can afford it. But I over think the shit out of it.

kaz109

Established Member
I love driving ..

But my drive is 20 min a day. 4 days a week.

$2000 a month for less than 2 hours of drive time during the week.. then maybe drive a bit on the weekends.

Idk .. I want a new truck BAD. Can afford it. But I over think the shit out of it.
Put more money down if you don’t want a high monthly. It will also be cheaper in the long run . Buy and enjoy the things you like and don’t over think it or worth about what others think, life is too short and you work too hard

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Truth. Then again it comes down to disposable income and priorities. Some folks like to spend the coin on McMansions, Travel, fine dining, Clothes, etc…

Others spend it on vehicles. I get my enjoyment out of driving fun vehicles more than I do the other stuff. My wife on the other hand likes all of those things. Hence why I will keep working until I am 95. Not really but it feels that way some days!
YOLO!

At least my McMansion is going up in value lol.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Put more money down if you don’t want a high monthly. It will also be cheaper in the long run . Buy and enjoy the things you like and don’t over think it or worth about what others think, life is too short and you work too hard

If I have 30k I’m paying off a 30k truck.

My brain literally won’t let me spend 30k on something other than a house at one time if I’m not 100% owning it

I spent too many years broke

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member

My brain literally won’t let me spend 30k on something other than a house at one time if I’m not 100% owning it

A guy I work with ran numbers with me one day that showed how much extra I would have at retirement (60) if I hadn’t paid ~$60,000 dollars for my Shelby at 28 years old.

That was a demoralizing conversation.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
A guy I work with ran numbers with me one day that showed how much extra I would have at retirement (60) if I hadn’t paid ~$60,000 dollars for my Shelby at 28 years old.

It's definitely a fine line to walk between saving and indulging, which is why I do both. Instead of buying your shelby you could have invested it and died before you ever got to reap the rewards of investing. no point of saving your entire life if you never get to use it in my opinion.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
guys, i work in a nursing home, you don't want to end up with a bunch of money left...the state will take it and many have to be protected from their own kids.

get the vehicle you desire (i mostly am serious)

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

so if you need a truck anyway, you can take solace in getting the more expensive kinda special model if the resale holds better. like i'm not spending 60k on a F150 XLT when a TRX is a 20k upgrade(this was case in 2022-23)...paying minimum payments on both, you'll be less upside down, or maybe actually in the black, on the more special model.

i truly believe this and do not want math shown to the contrary lol

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
It's definitely a fine line to walk between saving and indulging, which is why I do both. Instead of buying your shelby you could have invested it and died before you ever got to reap the rewards of investing. no point of saving your entire life if you never get to use it in my opinion.

My brain is broken.

I’m all “ you have to enjoy … you won’t live forever “

But at the same time I’m like **** .. what if I enjoy and make it to 80…. And I’m ****ed.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
so if you need a truck anyway, you can take solice in getting the more expensive kinda special model if the resale holds better. like i'm not spending 60k on a F150 XLT when a TRX is a 20k upgrade(this was case in 2022-23)...paying minimum payments on both, you'll be less upside down, or maybe actually in the black, on the more special model.

i truly believe this and do not want math shown to the contrary lol

I’m legit dying to get a Raptor.

I can easily afford a used one 2020 or so.. but I’m like .. my 07 Silverado runs perfect I got it for so cheap I’ll never get deal like this again and it’s a classic body design …

but..

… raptor.. lol

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member

I can easily afford a used one 2020 or so.. but I’m like .. my 07 Silverado runs perfect I got it for so cheap I’ll never get deal like this again and it’s a classic body design …

but..

… raptor.. lol
still think the raptor looks better than a TRX, and i have a TRX lol. for real though, i do get having something that works and is paid off. if home interest rates are ever not retarded again, i might be selling cars and getting some land where me and my daughter can have fun and she can have more of an upbringing like i had...with some space!

i get away with the unnecessary cars because we have a smaller, cheaper house.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

but..

… raptor.. lol
I say keep your Chebby and upgrade it smartly, save your money and spend money on maintenance and big ticket items for it. Keep it until youre tired of looking at it, If you sell it you will regret it forever. If you want a Raptor get one of those too when the time/price is right.

Last edited:

noco5.0

Established Member
guys, i work in a nursing home, you don't want to end up with a bunch of money left...the state will take it and many have to be protected from their own kids.

I believe in saving and being responsible with money but after seeing two friends die in their 50's last year reminded me you also have to enjoy life. I'll be ordering a Pro Charger for my Mach 1 next week.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe in saving and being responsible with money but after seeing two friends die in their 50's last year reminded me you also have to enjoy life. I'll be ordering a Pro Charger for my Mach 1 next week.
sorry to hear that, and i'm not really advocating being totally irresponsible...but yes man, enjoy yourself, tomorrow is not promised.

i'll never forget the NW mutual guy trying to sell me on putting back all this money each month to have millions when i turn like 75-77yo(i believe in investing, this was scrimping by to a degree you would be tighter than dave ramsey)...i would have missed out on so much had i done this, and it is far from guaranteed

let us know how ya like the blower!

kaz109

Established Member

I 100% live by this now. I remember it was 2004 and my wife and I…. **** it I won’t get into the long story but I’ll just say we’ve had about 20 cars since then and wasted a ton of money and have never been happier.

Secure your future and live in the present is my motto, money give you the opportunity for experiences and experiences is what makes life worth living imo.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member

This is why I don't have the Shelby that I desire, but my retirement is loaded lol. It will be my retirement gift to myself at 59.5 when I retire though. (Yes, I know, if I make it that long....)

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Super Duties, Expeditions, Navigators at risk by UAW labor unrest at KY plant.

Users who are viewing this thread