Current state of Wealth Distribution in the USA

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm saying there are ways the government can assist society in numerous ways to increase pay scales in most fields. There are several loop taxation and employee loopholes that can be and are regularly exploited by business of all shape and sizes, everyone seems to have a survival of the fittest attitude towards their demeanor. I think that too is a large contributor to the above examples.

What are those ways?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
A good buddy of mine just became a leo, he started at 60k a year and he said within 4 years he will be making over 80K.

While his job is more dangerous than most, he knows that and is very happy with his wages.

I understand where you are coming from with this concern that people are making too much money. I live in a wealthy area and grew up in it as well. A lot of my friends parents are CEO's, VPs, regional managers, etc of very large corporations. One thing I have noticed over the years is that these people don't stop working. My best friend in elementary school, his dad was a big wig at IBM and would come home at 8pm at night and be gone by 4am the next morning for 6 days a week. They give up their lives for these paychecks and it's their choice. I don't think it's right to try to take even more from them when they give up that much.

I'd bet Treynor works more than 40 hours a week too.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I appreciate everyones feedback to this point. I did PM Treynor i'm sure he'll get around to responding when time permits.

I'll return with some more responses later. I have an all employee meeting coming up soon, I'll check back this evening. Good talk!

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
What are those ways?

Put an end to said loopholes for starters. Tighten up the tax code when it comes to ridiculous business expenses and write offs, crack down on people paying illegals $5/hour cash for a job americans would want $15/hour for. Just to name a few.

jconnor3

Established Member
What are the 2 lines of work your business's are in kcsvt94l? I'm just curious, I think it's cool to meet/talk with people who own their own business. It's something I have always wanted to do, just never had a solid direction to go in. I'm in advertising now, but after flipping 2 houses I'm hoping to do that full time in the next 3 years or so.

Troponin

Established Member
This whole point is moot. There are plenty of the top 20 % of americas wealthy that don't work more than 40 hours per week and never have.

When you figure average salaries, it's assumed with a 37-45 hour work weeks. Not 60.... 70... 80... etc.

We are talking wealth distribution. That DOES include people working 80 hour weeks because that reflects their tax brackets etc

By the way, Obama changed the top tax brackets so that a very large percentage of people are now in the "rich" category

Last edited:

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't know what the loopholes are so that is pretty vague.

Making it more expensive for companies to do business by getting rid of write offs will equal higher pay for employees?

I'm with you on the illegals, but you have to reduce gvt benefits to make those people take those jobs especially the ones that don't pay $15 per hour.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
This whole point is moot. There are plenty of the top 20 % of americas wealthy that don't work more than 40 hours per week and never have.

When you figure average salaries, it's assumed with a 37-45 hour work weeks. Not 60.... 70... 80... etc.

you truly think that they only work 40 hours a week?

No. Even "lower level" employees like me have company cell phones, and I'm checking emails, sending emails, etc while at home.. At the store.. Etc.

I truly don't know any upper management who truly ONLY work 9-5.. with one hour for lunch, and that is IT.

Zemedici

Established Member

That is not normal. 'Hook-ups, family started the biz, etc' does happen, but we're talking normal circumstance. A person works their way to the top.

Look at it this way, average hours = average salary.

Upper management works when they are not on the clock, and guess what, if a lower employee ****s up, guess who is ultimately responsible, their supervisor. Much more than the physical hours they work, which is hardly ever 40 hours. Ask Treynor how many hours he works in a week.

Last edited:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Put an end to said loopholes for starters. Tighten up the tax code when it comes to ridiculous business expenses and write offs, crack down on people paying illegals $5/hour cash for a job americans would want $15/hour for. Just to name a few.

You assume you could find an "american" to do that job. And I'd bet in your business if two people with equal skills come to you with those pay scales, you'd hire the one that costs less. Just like your customer will hire you if you are the lowest bidder with comparable skills.

You say close loopholes and other stuff but in the end the bottom "taxpayers" don't pay anything and just ride the coattails of everyone else and the "rich" try and create jobs through innovation and exploration in order to get "richer" which does trickle down to the middle class in the form of jobs and technology advances to make life easier.

Now... Credit cards and Student loans are KILLING the middle/upper class!!! But that's for another discussion...

Zemedici

Established Member
You assume you could find an "american" to do that job. And I'd bet in your business if two people with equal skills come to you with those pay scales, you'd hire the one that costs less. Just like your customer will hire you if you are the lowest bidder with comparable skills.

You say close loopholes and other stuff but in the end the bottom "taxpayers" don't pay anything and just ride the coattails of everyone else and the "rich" try and create jobs through innovation and exploration in order to get "richer" which does trickle down to the middle class in the form of jobs and technology advances to make life easier.

Now... Credit cards and Student loans are KILLING the middle/upper class!!! But that's for another discussion...

exactly.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
People shouldnt be entitled to anything. I own 3 businesses. Commercial/residential exterior home restoration, snow plowing, and I own 2 tractor trailer trucks. Ive worked my ass off to start these businesses and keep them running. Why should I have to "share" my earnings with people who are fully capable of doing the same things I did, but dont because theyre too ****ing lazy.

And im not even that "well off". I live in moderation. People shouldnt be handed anything. I pay my taxes, so thats my sharing. If you want something bad enough, you'll work for it. If you wanna be lazy, dont expect it.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'm saying there are ways the government can assist society in numerous ways to increase pay scales in most fields. There are several loop taxation and employee loopholes that can be and are regularly exploited by business of all shape and sizes, everyone seems to have a survival of the fittest attitude towards their demeanor. I think that too is a large contributor to the above examples.

Do you think mcdonalds cashiers are worth $15/hr? Like they wanted?

People get paid what theyre worth. Its unskilled labor. Mcdonalds employees shouldn't be in competiton with engineers, nurses, skilled trades, etc. In regards to pay. They simply arent worth it. If anyone can do something, you can be easily replaced.

Machdup1

Established Member
Appreciate the feedback man!

Do you feel that it's a possibility that insider trading helps several of the top 1% continue to grow their investments?
If so, do you feel that should be legal ?

It is not opinion. And your insider trading corruption position is silly on its face.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
People shouldnt be entitled to anything. I own 3 businesses. Commercial/residential exterior home restoration, snow plowing, and I own 2 tractor trailer trucks. Ive worked my ass off to start these businesses and keep them running. Why should I have to "share" my earnings with people who are fully capable of doing the same things I did, but dont because theyre too ****ing lazy.

And im not even that "well off". I live in moderation. People shouldnt be handed anything. I pay my taxes, so thats my sharing. If you want something bad enough, you'll work for it. If you wanna be lazy, dont expect it.

+1

People want $ but don't want to risk anything or take a chance to get it. They want it the easiest way possible, and feel they are entitled.

96dreamer

Established Member
This is the most level headed mature thread I have ever seen on svtp. Hope it doesn't turn to shit i enjoy reading these.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
A good thing to remember is that somebody ALWAYS has it better than you, but someone ALWAYS has it worse than you too. Be happy where you or at, or work harder to get where you want to be.

Users who are viewing this thread