Custom CAI ??? Prostreet Look?

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Man I'm bored and wheels in my head get to thinking. OK Guys, what do you think? Is Prostreet dead or still cool? Has anyone seen or heard of someone building a custom CAI. Your thoughts.....:thumbsup: or :nono:

2mr88hu.jpg

4cc3mnm.jpg

OldTimer

An Old Drag Racer
Established Member
Since I am an oldtimer... that "look" has a warm and fuzzy appeal to me. Not very practical for a street-driven vehicle... but I've seen enough 6-71 honkers to know they usually mean business. I do seem to recall some Lightnings at tracks with _huge_ forward-facing hood scoops. Maybe somebody has some pix... and can explain whether it was an Eaton, KB, or Jimmy under the hood that needed the air/space.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
OldTimer said:
Since I am an oldtimer... that "look" has a warm and fuzzy appeal to me. Not very practical for a street-driven vehicle... but I've seen enough 6-71 honkers to know they usually mean business. I do seem to recall some Lightnings at tracks with _huge_ forward-facing hood scoops. Maybe somebody has some pix... and can explain whether it was an Eaton, KB, or Jimmy under the hood that needed the air/space.

You must mean Ron's buddy "Barnyard". I would never talk any crap about this guy. He looks like someone that enjoys a good time. :beer:

IMG_0469.sized.jpg

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
brucewrs said:
Nice car Chris.Has he ever ran it at the track?

no. He's scared. We were in Worcester for the summer nat's a couple years back. There were a ton of people doing burnouts in the street so there was plenty of rubber down. He got on it pretty hard and the front suspension opened up and the fronts lifted off the ground. This was when it was just a 468bbc with Merlin heads, before the littlefield blower & nos. I just want to see it on the dyno.

Bellflower

Established Member
Pro Street

i love the pro street look, I prefer the big cowl hoos as opposed to the forward mount scoop. just my thought (See Sig)

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
That was the same day I got a court date when a trooper witnessed me burning out up the whole interstate on ramp...

Users who are viewing this thread