D1SC Procharged 2012. 793RWHP :)

blk00gtvert

Established Member
so you maxed a d-1 out at 18 psi? the blowers range is in the 28-32psi range! and good for over 900+wheel. at 18 psi I am sorry but not that impressed at your power numbers!

WRONG WRONG WRONG... i see you have been reading prochargers spec sheet:bash:. The only number that is correct on all motors is the max impellar rpm. You cant put a measure of max boost # and max hp on a head unit. Boost is only a measure of restriction. SO if he bottle necks the intake or exhaust or anything in the motor, he would make more boost, but less hp. Im sure you could make 1000 hp with a d1 if you had a 500+ cubic inch motor.

I have a p1sc on my car. Right now i see 9lbs of boost. Once i pulley it to max impellar speed of 62000 rpms i will only be around 14lbs and roughly 550rwp and that will MAX out that blower... BUT WAIT procharger says i should be able to make 30lbs of boost and 825hp. That will never ever happen with a p1. Same thing for a d1, once you reach max impellar speed your blower is maxed.

Impressive numbers on 9.5:1 :beer:

yes you are correct. we are actually slightly overspinning the blower. we are hitting max impeller rpm at 7000 but we are reving motor to 7400

Is this the car i seen at BMSP running 13.50's ?

we run out there all the time but this car has only made one pass. we went 11.33 but that was before we fixed the IAT problem we were having and we had a broken control arm bushing...

See ya guys out there!

Cant wait to see her run.

Chris

are you going tonight? see you there:rockon:

How much for the D1?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

i am asking 4200 for the whole kit OBO

blk00gtvert

Established Member
TRACK UPDATE!!!!
well we learned that almost 800 wheel and a 18" nitto do not get along...
it was actually hooking in first but every single time i would bang second it would haze the tires and they would shake bad.

first pass was the best at 11.08@ 127 but i missed fouth

second pass blew tires off bad and aborted

third pass hazed second pedeled,got back in it, missed 5th (i was frustrated by then)

fouth pass hit all gears flawless,hazed second though. 11.28@131

fifth pass hit all gears like a pro, hazed second.. 11.22@131

i should also note that we made 793 with 22 degrees but tonight i dialed it back to 20 just to get the feel for the car
iats were 90 at line dropped to 60 and went through the beams at 78!!!
keep in mind before the meth we were seeing 250 degrees!!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
TRACK UPDATE!!!!
well we learned that almost 800 wheel and a 18" nitto do not get along...
it was actually hooking in first but every single time i would bang second it would haze the tires and they would shake bad.

first pass was the best at 11.08@ 127 but i missed fouth

second pass blew tires off bad and aborted

third pass hazed second pedeled,got back in it, missed 5th (i was frustrated by then)

fouth pass hit all gears flawless,hazed second though. 11.28@131

fifth pass hit all gears like a pro, hazed second.. 11.22@131

i should also note that we made 793 with 22 degrees but tonight i dialed it back to 20 just to get the feel for the car
iats were 90 at line dropped to 60 and went through the beams at 78!!!
keep in mind before the meth we were seeing 250 degrees!!

Sounds like you need a 28" tire with a sidewall and may also help keep you in 4th. Nice MPH and especially in this weather. What type of 60's were you getting?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Sounds like you need a 28" tire with a sidewall and may also help keep you in 4th. Nice MPH and especially in this weather. What type of 60's were you getting?

my best was a 1.75. then did two 1.83s i was leaving from like 3k and just letting the blower pull me out... but i would hit second and the suspension would unload and just kill the tire

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
my best was a 1.75. then did two 1.83s i was leaving from like 3k and just letting the blower pull me out... but i would hit second and the suspension would unload and just kill the tire

Yeah, like I said a bigger sidewall should help. A 15" or 16" tire would help absorb the launch and 2nd gear shift.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Which rear gear? I bet a 3.55+28 inch tire+7k will keep you in 4th gear through the traps. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Is your D1 kit come with the stg2 intercooler?

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Great power numbers and 1/4 mile times. Did you have to let off when you started losing traction in 2nd gear, because your trap speed seems very low for 750+rwhp? Or is this because of the peaky power that a Centrifical blower makes?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Which rear gear? I bet a 3.55+28 inch tire+7k will keep you in 4th gear through the traps. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. Is your D1 kit come with the stg2 intercooler?

it has a 373 gear in it now. and it has a 28 inch tire as well and i am having to shift fifth
no it is a stage 1 because i planned on spraying meth from the start

Great power numbers and 1/4 mile times. Did you have to let off when you started losing traction in 2nd gear, because your trap speed seems very low for 750+rwhp? Or is this because of the peaky power that a Centrifical blower makes?

yes a was having to completly let off each time and get back on it and/or just shift to third.

i think the mph seems about right. lethals car went 10.20@134 with about the same power but they had a clean pass and it was MUCH colder out.. so i'm close... should trap 140+ with the F1C

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
it has a 373 gear in it now. and it has a 28 inch tire as well and i am having to shift fifth
no it is a stage 1 because i planned on spraying meth from the start

yes a was having to completly let off each time and get back on it and/or just shift to third.

i think the mph seems about right. lethals car went 10.20@134 with about the same power but they had a clean pass and it was MUCH colder out.. so i'm close... should trap 140+ with the F1C

Last night was NOT the night for you guys to try and get good times out of the car... CRAPPY track. Only reason I kept making passes was to data log the auto tranny. I had one good 60 foot where I got the wheel off the ground but after that....just went to data logging lol.

By the way that thing sounds killer on the big end of the track, i was getting my time slip and all I herd was the D1 @ 130mph :rockon:

Chris

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Last night was NOT the night for you guys to try and get good times out of the car... CRAPPY track. Only reason I kept making passes was to data log the auto tranny. I had one good 60 foot where I got the wheel off the ground but after that....just went to data logging lol.

By the way that thing sounds killer on the big end of the track, i was getting my time slip and all I herd was the D1 @ 130mph :rockon:

Chris

ya i noticed everyone was spinning. you car is riding out still..:rockon: how big a kit do you have on that?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
heading back out tonight to got deep 10s:rockon:

picked up some 28x11.5x15 ET Streets and some 17x4.5 front runners...

will post up results asap. hopfully the mt82 does not hate us;-)

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
heading back out tonight to got deep 10s:rockon:

picked up some 28x11.5x15 ET Streets and some 17x4.5 front runners...

will post up results asap. hopfully the mt82 does not hate us;-)

I'll be there, hope its a good night for every one.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
if i actually even get this suspension/tire sorted out we should get a run in...:beer:

would be cool to have a HPX vs. KM race... both 2011's one auto spray the other blower stick....:rockon:

Sounds like a plan. I see it now though, right at about the 1000' mark you go flying by :coolman:

I still have yet to touch the suspension on this thing, converter and some spray...gotta love autos!

Users who are viewing this thread