Dad kills guy who tried to rape his daughter

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
No... my point is very valid- even without considering the reason. Anyone who is forced to take a life is going to have a hard time coping.

Just because he had valid motivations for comitting the act makes no difference. He will be affected. If you think otherwise, you have a lot to learn about psychology and emotional trauma.

Willingly taking another human life affects everyone differently, but most feel some sort of guilt. Rationalizing it with mitigating circumstances (self defense, defense of another, defense of home) helps somewhat, but unless you're a total monster, it gets to you. It gradually bleeds into your conscious thought as time passes and the rush of adrenaline fades, and settles on your conscience with the weight of a crushing wall of water.

You carry it with you daily, like your ID, and like a scar it becomes a part of you. You begin to identify yourself by that brief moment in time despite the rest of your accomplishments and failures in life, due in large part to the guilt and social taboo placed on the taking of life. It is a ritual. As more time passes, the ritual gives you a strange comfort that only you understand. You find yourself completely assured of the fact that strangers in your life who know nothing about you can see your history of violence through your eyes like a movie projected on a wall. At times you're ashamed, and break eye contact abruptly, other times the violation of it enrages you and you defiantly stare through them until they look away, intimidated.

People who have never experienced it cannot possibly understand. Not the PhD's and shrinks, not the grief counselors, not even your loved ones can fully appreciate your emotions and thoughts.

It is a heavy cross to bear, indeed. But it is a necessary weight to bear sometimes, to prevent others from harm or suffering.

It is the second greatest sacrifice a person can make.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I am thankful that the Dad did what he had to do, and is not (so far) being punished for it.

I do know that if someone were threatening my son, GF or GF's son in my house, I would put them down without thinking twice, regardless of what the after effects may be.

On another note, am I the only one that found the below post by a guy named sociopath to be a bit ironic?

Willingly taking another human life affects everyone differently, but most feel some sort of guilt. Rationalizing it with mitigating circumstances (self defense, defense of another, defense of home) helps somewhat, but unless you're a total monster, it gets to you. It gradually bleeds into your conscious thought as time passes and the rush of adrenaline fades, and settles on your conscience with the weight of a crushing wall of water.

You carry it with you daily, like your ID, and like a scar it becomes a part of you. You begin to identify yourself by that brief moment in time despite the rest of your accomplishments and failures in life, due in large part to the guilt and social taboo placed on the taking of life. It is a ritual. As more time passes, the ritual gives you a strange comfort that only you understand. You find yourself completely assured of the fact that strangers in your life who know nothing about you can see your history of violence through your eyes like a movie projected on a wall. At times you're ashamed, and break eye contact abruptly, other times the violation of it enrages you and you defiantly stare through them until they look away, intimidated.

People who have never experienced it cannot possibly understand. Not the PhD's and shrinks, not the grief counselors, not even your loved ones can fully appreciate your emotions and thoughts.

It is a heavy cross to bear, indeed. But it is a necessary weight to bear sometimes, to prevent others from harm or suffering.

It is the second greatest sacrifice a person can make.

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
I am thankful that the Dad did what he had to do, and is not (so far) being punished for it.

I do know that if someone were threatening my son, GF or GF's son in my house, I would put them down without thinking twice, regardless of what the after effects may be.

On another note, am I the only one that found the below post by a guy named sociopath to be a bit ironic?

The world is far better off without that fiend alive. Science has proven sexual predators cannot be rehabilitated, even by castration (as fitting as the punishment seems.)

Your instincts for protecting your home and your family's safety are normal. A man's home is his castle, and he has a right to defend it. He should not be, and will not be punished. Indiana, like my home state of Kentucky, authorizes the use of deadly force in the defense of the home, and to my knowledge has no "duty to retreat". I don't know about Indiana, but in Kentucky deadly force may be used as soon as entry is gained, and in some cases courts have ruled that attempted entry is sufficient. The intruder need not be armed, and a warning is not required. KY is also a concealed carry state, and deadly force outside the home is authorized if you feel your life is threatened or serious bodily harm may result from an attack.

As far as the name is concerned, ironic, yes. Accurate, no. It's a name I've used since my Justice Administration days in college long ago. They don't even use the term sociopath any longer. What's in a name? A rose by any other name, the saying goes...

My post was pretty serious and sobering, but then again, this is a very serious subject.

Sinnz28

Established Member
I would not loose any sleep either. I would not have stopped until that basterd was not moving and i would walk with my head held high knowing that nothing happened to my dauughter.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Once again, old friend, we find something on which we agree!

:beer:

Good to see you on here again John. There have been many times we have agreed, hasn't there?

Your ability to disagree with conservatives, present intelligent arguments and still remain civil has been sorely missed though.

Some of your perspective's current advocates can be quite shrill, negative and down right petty, not to mention significantly less compelling than you.

I hope everyone(family) and everything(daily grind) is well.:beer:

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Hahah that is ****ed up dude :lol:

In all seriousness though, rape is no joke, you pretty much have to have broads sign release forms now when your going to ****, cause if you piss em off, the next day its RAPE! RAPE!

There was really funny video on youtube or break or some site about a college guy and a girl going to a dorm and they put a stop to things so their lawyers could negotiate the sex act. It was hilarious but I can't find it anywhere now.

AaronK

Established Member
Hell yeah! That dad did the right thing for sure! I don't have a daughter so I can't say exactly what I would do but I don't think I would have stopped at choking the guy to say the least...

Users who are viewing this thread