Dealer doesn't want to corporate!!

vic2ory

Hi huys

I have 2011 fivoh and i did the mt82 to 6r80 swap .. i finished all the hardware work and i went to the dealer to deal with PATS .. and i was shoked by staff over there .. they say you have modifie you car we can't deal with it any more you are on your own

My quiet is :

Can I complain about that ?
Can i buy a pcm with PATS refreshed?

noldevin

Established Member
PATS is dependant on your gauge cluster and keys so you can't buy one with PATS already done. You cannot complain about that, the dealer isn't trained or required to deal with mods, especially as complex as a transmission swap.

I've not heard of anyone having to go to the dealer for a transmission swap, but there are several threads detailing everything you need for a swap. You could also try to find a different dealer that is willing to give it a shot.

Zemedici

Established Member
Hi huys

I have 2011 fivoh and i did the mt82 to 6r80 swap .. i finished all the hardware work and i went to the dealer to deal with PATS .. and i was shoked by staff over there .. they say you have modifie you car we can't deal with it any more you are on your own

My quiet is :

Can I complain about that ?
Can i buy a pcm with PATS refreshed?

are you in S.A.? Best bet would be to contact a tuner / performance shop. My shops fixed this issue plenty of times with manual / auto swaps. Doing one in 2 weeks actually.

vic2ory

are you in S.A.? Best bet would be to contact a tuner / performance shop. My shops fixed this issue plenty of times with manual / auto swaps. Doing one in 2 weeks actually.

Yeah actually i live in S.A .. and if you gave me your shop location it's gonna be a huge favor for me

vic2ory

PATS is dependant on your gauge cluster and keys so you can't buy one with PATS already done. You cannot complain about that, the dealer isn't trained or required to deal with mods, especially as complex as a transmission swap.

I've not heard of anyone having to go to the dealer for a transmission swap, but there are several threads detailing everything you need for a swap. You could also try to find a different dealer that is willing to give it a shot.

Actually i have 2012 base car and i went with 2013 premium gauge cluster abs module premium interior harness i took the steering whees as well from one salvage car thats why i think it's easy to do the PATS

noldevin

Established Member
Actually i have 2012 base car and i went with 2013 premium gauge cluster abs module premium interior harness i took the steering whees as well from one salvage car thats why i think it's easy to do the PATS
Yeah it's easy if you know how but it's frowned upon for a dealer to do that as they are essentially helping you bypass the need to get a more expensive car

Users who are viewing this thread