The Good

Dealer: Jordan Ford SATX
Experience: Excellent
Ordered: March 26
Accepted: April 26 (2nd Allocation)
Delivered: August 10
Comments: Dan Aragon was on point, Jerry Strain kept me informed and
Chris Bond got me a better rate from my own bank on the
MSRP deal! They are my ONLY Ford dealer now!

The Bad (Just plain sorry)

Dealer: Northside Ford SATX
Experience: A load of CRAP! I did buy my Harley S/C from them though.
They couldn't get rid of it because it's an odd color. Their
service dept. was good to me though, so I will miss them.
So much for dealer loyalty.
Ordered: Tried to order from them March 16, the day after 2013 GT500's
came up on the configurators. They said the order banks were
closed. Thank god I went to Jordan Ford right after that. I kept
in contact with Northside because they owed me money. I went
back on May 21 to check on the money the owed me and the
order banks "mysteriously" opened while I was there with wait
........ a 3K ADM. :nonono: I walked out. I did go back yesterday to
request they take me off there mailing list. A young salesman
congratulated me on my car and asked where I got it. I told him
it came in on the same train their 2 came on and that their sales
guy was a liar and I would NEVER buy a car from them again. On
the way out the young sales guy asked me what I paid, I
smiled and said "I'm only missing on option, figure it out ;-).

The Ugly

Dealer: Red McCombs West
Experience: They sold a vehicle from under me in the 3 hrs it took me to
get to the dealership, but this was in the 90's. They flat
refused to order me one. They did have 2 on the lot in May
but the saleman couldn't find them.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

13 GT500 (SR-71)
10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)
99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
The Good - customer-focused and well informed staff

Lawrenceville Ford, Lawrenceville, NJ

The Arrogant and Greedy - insisted on ADM with no flexibility; condescending attitude

Haldeman Ford - East Windsor, NJ
Holman Ford - Maple Shade, NJ
Lucas Ford - Burlington, NJ
Winner Ford - Cherry Hill, NJ

The Clueless - wouldn't recognize a Shelby GT500 if it ran over them!

Medford Ford - Medford, NJ
Causeway Ford - Manahawkin, NJ

ugotda7

Established Member
Crossroad Ford
Cary, NC
Dan Smith and Bob Longo

Talked with these men, ordered vehicle and I was regularly updated. Shelby delivered ahead of time and was a perfect experience all the way around.
Dealer principle Allen Boyd is getting these cars regularly from all over the country and all are great to work with. Call them.

Bob Longo is great.......bought a few vehicles off of him when I used to be in NC.

ugotda7

Established Member
The Good - Joe Machens Ford in Columbia, MO.......saw a 2013 GT500 online in the morning, called them, went out and got it at MSRP that afternoon. They also had a 2013 Boss 302 available at MSRP.

The Bad - Bob Hurley Ford in Tulsa, OK. They wanted ADM on a 2013 LS Boss 302....but that ADM changed ($1K-$5K) depending on who / when you talked to. But what's funny is this is after I had got a 2012 Boss 302 from them last year for MSRP.....because according to them "they don't mark up their cars."

The Ugly - Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO. The just flat out suck.....and have a matching attitude to boot. They tried to get $10K ADM on a 2012 Boss 302 last year (why I went down to Tulsa), and are now trying to get between $5K-$8K ADM on a 2013 GT500 and 2013 Boss 302. But that's not on their website and you get that nice surprise when you show up in person to check them out which makes it all the more fun.

Last edited:

Mike Meyers

Established Member
The Good- Autoway Ford brooksville,fl. ordered car 4/4/12 took 1 wwek sky of 5 monts to get car. Quoted me msrp, BUT tried everything in the world to keep me from buying the car (they told me their Bradenton,Fl store sold theirs at 18K over) I told them a fool was born every minute. They honored they deal, but we had agreed on 32K on my trade
F150 and they said the market changed and would only give me 28K so I told them I would just buy the shelby.
The BEST- took truck to car max a couple days later and the gave me $35

pack018

Established Member

The Arrogant and Greedy - insisted on ADM with no flexibility; condescending attitude

Agree dont forget All American Ford

wawrecker

Established Member
The Bad:
Fugate Ford
Confirmed allocation via dealer 7/28
Ordered 8/1
Cancelled 8/26- dealer lied about having allocation.

Really? They have had a 13' all over craigslist for 4-5 weeks, ya it has high ADM but they have or had one........:shrug:

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
My wife just saw a Shelby at another central Texas dealer - Mac Haik. I called them to see what they wanted for it. They told me that they did not have one, but they were getting one in 6-8 weeks. My wife knows Shelby's, so I am not sure who is wrong or if they have one or not, but either way, they want 84K for the thing. I told them "good luck" and the salesman told me that they were allocated 8 or so and they were selling them as fast as they could get them. I hate to see people paying these kind of ADMs, it is just nuts. He may have been BS'n me - probably, but who knows. Either way, I think that is may "just be business", but as a business owner myself, I think that these kind of ADMs are just unethical at best.

Last edited:

s.hammer

Established Member
The Good - Bowen's Garage - Eastford Connecticut - Began emailing them about a GT500 they had scheduled for delivery for last week of June/ first week of July, in late May, unfortunately someone had a deposit on it. Asked if I could check it out when it got to the dealership prior to customer delivery to which they said yes. June 15th received an email saying the buyer backed out and if I gave a deposit, the car was mine at sticker. Car was in on time - June 29th, picked it up on July 7th. Best dealership that I have ever purchased a car from.

Njtony

Established Member

Surprised didn't see chapman on your list. Got mine at msrp with no problems

mach330

Established Member
The Ugly: (All wanted 10k over MSRP, firm, as of today)

Armstrong Ford Florida
Coccia Ford Lincoln Pennsylvania
Boggus Ford Lincoln Texas
Darcars Ford Marland
Roswell Ford Lincoln New Mexico
Shults Ford Lincoln Pennsylvania

flyby763

Established Member
The good - and ONLY Dealer I buy from:
Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach
Salesman: Brian Farrell
Picked up in April (I think) could have been May
Speak to my salesman almost daily and he has become a very good Friend. Can't recommend them enough. I know if/when they get more allocation they will sell at MSRP to anyone I refer.

They wanted way over msrp when I talked to them a few months ago. Along with every dealer in the Jacksonville FL area.

mullens

Established Member
The Good:

Colorado River Ford, Kingman AZ.
Owner: The Wiley Gourp
Salesman: Mike Garcia
Ordered: 6/9
Built 8/22
Delivered 10/2

Honest and straightforward dealership. Had one allocation for '13. Made a deal for MSRP and they honored it. Met Mr. Wiley (owner is on site.) Great overall sales experience.

ADM Crazy:

Ford Country, Las Vegas
Not So Friendly Ford, Las Vegas

Would not budge off 5-10k ADM's. Would rather let the cars sit.
FYI I bought 3 high-end vehicles from Ford Country, including 2 Shelbys at or below MSRP. Spent about $150k. They still wouldn't budge on the ADM's for the '13. No customer loyalty IMO.

Last edited:

ZR1 E8R

Established Member
BAD
Blackwell Ford Plymouth Mi.- 1 allocation sold it to owners buddy with me 1st in line.
North Bros. Ford Westland Mi. - 2 allocations 10K over & finally agreeded on MSRP on hold 6 mos. then ordered it wrong after I got VIN I cancelled since they wouldn't change it & now want 5k over for a 14 after being effed around for 6 mos.
Bill Brown Ford Livonia Mi. 5-10K over.

WJinLV

Established Member
The Really Good: McSpadden Ford in Globe AZ. Lisa is a great person to deal with, offered her 2014 allocation at msrp over the phone, no deposit.

The Good: Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. Sherman and Manny got me a 2013 GT500 for msrp. But, ordered it in July. They didnt have allocation till December.

The Bad: Friendly Ford in Las Vegas. ADM $10k and when a friend of the owner made a call for me, got it down to $5k. Thanks for a somewhat more gentle bend-over and take-it. No thanks.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
The GOOD:
- Whitney's Value Ford, Elma, WA. Small dealership with OUTSTANDING customer service. Chuck Smith (the GM) agreed to sell me their only 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. When my son and I flew into Seattle to take delivery, Chuck even handled our transportation from the airport (over an hour from the dealership). He and his staff meticulously fulfilled each of my special requests in prepping the car and included ALL of the dealership's Shelby promotional materials with the car. They still do business on a handshake, accepting 25% of the purchase price via personal check! HIGHLY recommended.
- Parkway Ford, Winston-Salem, NC. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Ed Woods moved heaven and earth, over a period of weeks, to secure an additional allocation for me. He never asked for a deposit, as he worked to get me the car I wanted, explaining that we’d ink our deal only after he found one. While ultimately unsuccessful, Ed was a consummate professional, exhausting all possible avenues. HIGHLY recommended.
- Bruce Walters Ford, Pikeville, KY. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Brad Hannah agreed to sell me an inbound 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. Whitney's vehicle arrived first, but Brad was both prompt and professional in all of our communications. Recommended.
- Don Franklin Ford, Columbia, KY. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Steve Smith agreed to sell me an inbound 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. Whitney's vehicle arrived first, but Steve was both prompt and professional in all of our communications. Recommended.
- Ballweg Ford, Sauk City, WI. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Shawna Bongard agreed to sell me an inbound 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. Whitney's vehicle arrived first, but Shawna was both prompt and professional in all of our communications. Recommended.

The BAD:
- Sandy Springs Ford, Atlanta, GA. Sandy Smith insisted on over a $10K ADM.
- Jimmy Granger Ford, Stonewall, LA. Chris Rose insisted on a $17K ADM.
- Nelson Ford, Martinsville, VA. Scott Norman insisted on a $3K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP, because "No one is selling these cars at MSRP. This is one of the last Mustang GT500 in the body of the car we know now. There will not be any more after this run."
- Jerry Duncan Ford, Harriman, TN. Jason Taylor insisted on a $5K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP, because "These are bringing $5 to $8g over sticker."
- McCombs Ford West, San Antonio, TX. Glenn Vaughn insisted on a $15K ADM because "These vehicles are selling anywhere from 20k-30k over sticker."
- Harrisonburg Ford, Harrisonburg, VA. Jamie Fellers failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Ford of Slidell, Slidell, LA. David Jordan failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Freedom Ford, Pounding Mill, VA. Manny Elswick asked for a $20K ADM and insisted on a $10K ADM.
- North Central Ford, Richardson, TX. Michael Mathai insisted on a $5K ADM.
- Classic Ford, Columbia, SC. Roger Canty insisted on a $5K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP.
- Dick Edwards Ford, Manhattan, KS. Angela Trapp failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Corning Ford, Corning, CA. Todd Hughes insisted on "at least a $4K ADM," despite advertising at MSRP.
- Dana Ford, Staten Island, NY. Adriana Bennici failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Harris Ford, Lynnwood, WA. Rich Barnes asked for a $9K ADM and insisted on a $5K ADM.
- Hillcrest Ford, Huntsville, TX. Daniel Strickland asked for a $15K ADM and insisted on a $10K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP. He also continued spamming me for weeks after I asked to be removed from his mailing list.
- Larson Ford, Lakewood, NJ. Sean Downey failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Rusty Eck Ford, Wichita, KS. Joe Konen asked for a $10K ADM, justifying it by relaying a tale of how a "friend of the owner paid 5k over sticker" for one. Some friendship...
- Ford of Moses Lake, Moses Lake, WA. Brian Oziah insisted on a $10K ADM. He also continued spamming me for weeks after I told him I wasn't interested at that price. When I asked to be removed from their mailing list, a condescending "Internet Sales Manager" named "Matt" continued harassing me for the "names and numbers" of the dealers willing to sell at MSRP so he could "buy them at that price and re-sell them" at a markup. Since he was too lazy to do the leg-work himself, I offered his management a copy of the information I'd gathered for a $5K/car finder's fee...

The UGLY:
- Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills, Colrado Springs, CO. I ordered a 2013 Shelby from Phil Long on 18 Jun. For nearly four months, they told me mine was their "#1 of 3" allocations. When I began pressing for answers about what was taking so long in mid-September, they admitted they didn't have an allocation for my order, which had somehow become "#3 of 2". "Optimistic" they could still fulfill my order, they retained my deposit until 16 Nov. Recommend you SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
The GOOD:
- Whitney's Value Ford, Elma, WA. Small dealership with OUTSTANDING customer service. Chuck Smith (the GM) agreed to sell me their only 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. When my son and I flew into Seattle to take delivery, Chuck even handled our transportation from the airport (over an hour from the dealership). He and his staff meticulously fulfilled each of my special requests in prepping the car and included ALL of the dealership's Shelby promotional materials with the car. They still do business on a handshake, accepting 25% of the purchase price via personal check! HIGHLY recommended.
- Parkway Ford, Winston-Salem, NC. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Ed Woods moved heaven and earth, over a period of weeks, to secure an additional allocation for me. He never asked for a deposit, as he worked to get me the car I wanted, explaining that we’d ink our deal only after he found one. While ultimately unsuccessful, Ed was a consummate professional, exhausting all possible avenues. HIGHLY recommended.
- Bruce Walters Ford, Pikeville, KY. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Brad Hannah agreed to sell me an inbound 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. Whitney's vehicle arrived first, but Brad was both prompt and professional in all of our communications. Recommended.
- Don Franklin Ford, Columbia, KY. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Steve Smith agreed to sell me an inbound 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. Whitney's vehicle arrived first, but Steve was both prompt and professional in all of our communications. Recommended.
- Ballweg Ford, Sauk City, WI. Upon hearing how my local dealership treated me (see UGLY below), Shawna Bongard agreed to sell me an inbound 2013 allocation at MSRP, over the phone. Whitney's vehicle arrived first, but Shawna was both prompt and professional in all of our communications. Recommended.

The BAD:
- Sandy Springs Ford, Atlanta, GA. Sandy Smith insisted on over a $10K ADM.
- Jimmy Granger Ford, Stonewall, LA. Chris Rose insisted on a $17K ADM.
- Nelson Ford, Martinsville, VA. Scott Norman insisted on a $3K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP, because "No one is selling these cars at MSRP. This is one of the last Mustang GT500 in the body of the car we know now. There will not be any more after this run."
- Jerry Duncan Ford, Harriman, TN. Jason Taylor insisted on a $5K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP, because "These are bringing $5 to $8g over sticker."
- McCombs Ford West, San Antonio, TX. Glenn Vaughn insisted on a $15K ADM because "These vehicles are selling anywhere from 20k-30k over sticker."
- Harrisonburg Ford, Harrisonburg, VA. Jamie Fellers failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Ford of Slidell, Slidell, LA. David Jordan failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Freedom Ford, Pounding Mill, VA. Manny Elswick asked for a $20K ADM and insisted on a $10K ADM.
- North Central Ford, Richardson, TX. Michael Mathai insisted on a $5K ADM.
- Classic Ford, Columbia, SC. Roger Canty insisted on a $5K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP.
- Dick Edwards Ford, Manhattan, KS. Angela Trapp failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Corning Ford, Corning, CA. Todd Hughes insisted on "at least a $4K ADM," despite advertising at MSRP.
- Dana Ford, Staten Island, NY. Adriana Bennici failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Harris Ford, Lynnwood, WA. Rich Barnes asked for a $9K ADM and insisted on a $5K ADM.
- Hillcrest Ford, Huntsville, TX. Daniel Strickland asked for a $15K ADM and insisted on a $10K ADM, despite advertising at MSRP. He also continued spamming me for weeks after I asked to be removed from his mailing list.
- Larson Ford, Lakewood, NJ. Sean Downey failed to respond to my inquiry/offer.
- Rusty Eck Ford, Wichita, KS. Joe Konen asked for a $10K ADM, justifying it by relaying a tale of how a "friend of the owner paid 5k over sticker" for one. Some friendship...
- Ford of Moses Lake, Moses Lake, WA. Brian Oziah insisted on a $10K ADM. He also continued spamming me for weeks after I told him I wasn't interested at that price. When I asked to be removed from their mailing list, a condescending "Internet Sales Manager" named "Matt" continued harassing me for the "names and numbers" of the dealers willing to sell at MSRP so he could "buy them at that price and re-sell them" at a markup. Since he was too lazy to do the leg-work himself, I offered his management a copy of the information I'd gathered for a $5K/car finder's fee...

The UGLY:
- Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills, Colrado Springs, CO. I ordered a 2013 Shelby from Phil Long on 18 Jun. For nearly four months, they told me mine was their "#1 of 3" allocations. When I began pressing for answers about what was taking so long in mid-September, they admitted they didn't have an allocation for my order, which had somehow become "#3 of 2". "Optimistic" they could still fulfill my order, they retained my deposit until 16 Nov. Recommend you SHOP ELSEWHERE.

You bought 5 GT500s?

Users who are viewing this thread