Dealers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
I figgured that I would start this thread because of the many posts that involve good, bad, and ugly experiences with dealers. The intent is to help direct folks towards the good ones out there and steer away from the bad ones.

I will begin with my experience.

Dealer: Ford of Murfreesboro, TN.
Experience: Excellent
Ordered: 3/27/12
Delivered: 8/27/12
Comments: This dealer kept me well informed throughout the process. Sold for MSRP. I ordered from them because my local Austin, TX dealers all wanted ADMs and had were not really interested in my business as they would not return phone calls. Despite being 900 miles from home - I am glad that I used these guys and I will use them again in the future.

Tonyalaskarms

Harley Rider
Established Member
Dealer: ????????:dw:, Mobile,AL
Experience: No comunication, Lied about allocation.
Ordered: June 18 canceled - August 18
Although once I talk to the store owner from the information that he gave me its was only the salesman that Lied the Store manger did give me my money back.
Sorry I will not give names specific but it would not be hard to find out.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The good:

Dealer: Maroone Ford of Margate, FL
Experience: Fantastic, always kept me up to date and was honest from the get go
Ordered: 3-27-12, delivered 6-27-12
I walked in and made the deal in 5 minutes for MSRP

The bad:

Dealer: Wayne Akers Ford in Lake Worth, FL
Experience: shitty, treated me like an idiot, tried to ask for 15K ADM. Said forums suck, they lie and no way I would find MSRP
Stay clear of this dealership

blacknlte

Established Member
Dealer: Starkville Ford-Starkville, MS
Experience: Excellent
Ordered: Didnt was already at dealership
Delivered: n/a
Comments: Great dealership and got a awesome deal on the car. Talked to them on the phone for less then 2hr and the car was sold! They even waited 2 1/2 weeks before I was able to pick it up!

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Barkhouser Ford
Danville VA

Excellent experience. Called about a car they had on Cars.com. Explained to me it was an order for someone else who backed out and that his nephew was supposed to call and take it. Told that if he didn't call the next day it would be available. No call but the following AM was told it was mine at MSRP if I wanted it. Offered to pick me up at the airport an hour away but when I drove instead, he texted me all night to make sure I was awake and okay. Called and emailed for almost a month to make sure I was good. Pleasure to deal with. Would buy from anytime.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Rick Ford
Hemlock Michigan
Ordered 3/7
Delivered 5/18
Picked up 5/22
Dealer picked me up from the airport at 9PM- 100miles away. Let me stay in his guest bedroom- filled the gas tank, gave me a tutorial and the "dealer merchandising materials" and then I drove 800miles home.

Been a friend for 10 years- and definately took care of me. I refered another SVTP member to them for their second allocation and last I heard the car should be in this month!

Excellent, above and beyond service.

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Rick Ford
Hemlock Michigan
Ordered 3/7
Delivered 5/18
Picked up 5/22
Dealer picked me up from the airport at 9PM- 100miles away. Let me stay in his guest bedroom- filled the gas tank, gave me a tutorial and the "dealer merchandising materials" and then I drove 800miles home.

Been a friend for 10 years- and definately took care of me. I refered another SVTP member to them for their second allocation and last I heard the car should be in this month!

Excellent, above and beyond service.
When are you going to spill the beans on the ride you are getting?

Established Member
The Bad:
Fugate Ford
Confirmed allocation via dealer 7/28
Ordered 8/1
Cancelled 8/26- dealer lied about having allocation.

The Good:
Skajit Ford-
Car was on the showroom floor. Asking 15K ADM. Worked a deal with the Internet rep for MSRP :)

Dadz500

Established Member
The good - and ONLY Dealer I buy from:
Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach
Salesman: Brian Farrell
Picked up in April (I think) could have been May
Speak to my salesman almost daily and he has become a very good Friend. Can't recommend them enough. I know if/when they get more allocation they will sell at MSRP to anyone I refer.

7ONE7

B737 DRVR
Established Member
The good:
Dealer: Raisor Ford, Lafayette IN
Experience: excellent
Ordered: early April
Delivered: May 31st
Comments: I also ordered my '09 from Raisor. The purchase of my '13 could not have been easier. The price was agreed upon by phone and email, no surprises or hidden costs. I paid a bit less then MSRP, they would not even think about an ADM.

The bad:
Dealer: various Ford dealers in my home state of Arkansas.
Comments: ADM's between 5k and 9k, enough said. There is a reason I went out of state again...

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
The good - and ONLY Dealer I buy from:
Gary Yeomans Ford - Daytona Beach
Salesman: Brian Farrell
Picked up in April (I think) could have been May
Speak to my salesman almost daily and he has become a very good Friend. Can't recommend them enough. I know if/when they get more allocation they will sell at MSRP to anyone I refer.

So I have to ask- why THREE 2013 Boss 302s? (I can def understand the one Shelby and one Boss thing, but three?) Race one, drive one, and store one for collector purposes? Just curious..... :beer:

Sparko

Established Member
Malouf Ford
South Brunswick, NJ
Ordered 4/3 Delivered 7/25

Best dealer I ever used. No BS, kept me informed, followed my instructions about prepping the car, sold the car at MSRP and told me almost to the day when the car was going to be delivered. great folks.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
no one has mentioned the ugly yet so I will.

The ugly:

ZL1.jpg

sftdyna

Established Member
worst dealer in NY and that says a lot!! HASSET FORD in wantagh price quote 15,000 over msrp and you can't sit in it touch it or even stare at to long before they try to dismiss you.

sandlizard

Established Member
Good
Permian Ford
Hobbs, NM
Terry Wilcox
General Sales Manager
Walked in June 27th ask if they were a SVT dealer, can I order a 13 Shelby
He ask what color and options Ordered 6/27
No deposit
Delivered 8/28
Picked up 8/31 MSRP deal

Last edited:

2013cobraman

2003/2013 cobras
Established Member
the fabulous

Crossroad Ford
Cary, NC
Dan Smith and Bob Longo

Talked with these men, ordered vehicle and I was regularly updated. Shelby delivered ahead of time and was a perfect experience all the way around.
Dealer principle Allen Boyd is getting these cars regularly from all over the country and all are great to work with. Call them.

Users who are viewing this thread