Debating selling.....

whatwhine

Established Member
Well I bought my 12 this spring, 4 months later I bought my house. Now I'm living paycheck to paycheck. I'm debating selling/trading my car. Looking at getting a civic for dd and maybe an 01 cobra or even an old fox for fun. Maybe a 96-98 cobra.

It's a 12 premium gt, 6m, with about 9500 miles.....

What do yal think it's worth? Mods in sig. Not that there's a huge list lol

None of this is set in stone, just thinking. Trying to get opinions.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
youll be lucky to get what you owe on it if your making payments

whatwhine

Established Member
Yea.... I owe 27..... There's a ford dealer with an 01 vert offering 130% trade in values.... Idk....
I love my car. But I hate struggling here

SVTSuperDuke

Established Member
assuming you can qualify for a loan, with the rates being as low as they are, go for the house. You will have some serious equity within a few short years and the rates can only go higher.

OddConsonants

Established Member
Last edited:

atistang

Established Member
Not poor.... Just not where I'm comfortable. No emergency money. Or play money.

if i were you i'd get a mid to late 90's civic, then save, get your emergency money, then start saving for another mustang down the road

i say mid to late 90's civic because they are reliable as hell, easy to work on, and most parts are cheap for them.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Yea.... I owe 27..... There's a ford dealer with an 01 vert offering 130% trade in values.... Idk....
I love my car. But I hate struggling here

I doubt you'll get that much for it. Maybe $25k or $26k. Maybe a bit more if you private party it.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
I hate to see someone in this position , I have been in it myself quite a few times but the good Lord has always made it so I could pay my bills , I feel blessed to have a new mustang but if I felt my family was suffering in anyway because I was trying to keep my car I would sell it , just my 2 cents

lukem80

Established Member
drive the balls off it one last time and trade it in.

I got tired of 2nd gear troubles even after putting in a clutch line, aftermarket fluid and 'changing the way I shift' so I traded my junk in on a used wrangler. monthly payment went down 150 bucks and insurance went down $35 a month.

whatwhine

Established Member
Odd- I wasn't offended. It's really hard to offend me. But thanks. It's all good.

I think I'm going to stop in a carmax this week and see what they say. I might trade it with them for a civic. A newer one. 2003 era.

Idk. It's not killing me to have it but I look at my insurance and car payment.... It's scary. Plus I got a long loan....6 years. It wasn't a smart move....

ViciousJay

Established Member
Odd- I wasn't offended. It's really hard to offend me. But thanks. It's all good.

I think I'm going to stop in a carmax this week and see what they say. I might trade it with them for a civic. A newer one. 2003 era.

Idk. It's not killing me to have it but I look at my insurance and car payment.... It's scary. Plus I got a long loan....6 years. It wasn't a smart move....

i hear you, i like the GT but honestly at the end of the day its a GT and extra cash would be nice to have. Im in your shoes but for a toy id like another Lightning

Users who are viewing this thread