Deep Sounding Exhaust Poll For 2004 Cobra

Which is the deepest exhaust? NON Pop & Crackle!

• Bassani Catback

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Bassani Catback + Bassani X-Pipe

Votes: 93 23.0%
  • Magnaflow Catback

Votes: 55 13.6%
  • Magnaflow Catback + Magnaflow X-Pipe

Votes: 58 14.3%
  • Bassani Catback + MAC Prochamber

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Magnaflow Catback + MAC Prochamber

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • Stinger Catback

Votes: 108 26.7%
  • Stinger Catback + MAC Prochamber

Votes: 59 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by Rev
Ok, I've searched, read, reviewed, searched more, viewed video clips, and listened to sound clips from Albequerqe to Zimbabwe.

Here is my question:

Out of the following exhausts which in your opinion is the deepest sounding. When I say deep, I mean old school muscle, not exotic/nascar/european.

Which of the above exhausts is not raspy, poppy, or crackly. I am looking for deep and loud.

For those that vote, thank you, and feel free to post.

well rev, u left out the loudest cat back of them all.....the MAC 3 INCH...everyone can argue with me....but i have heard allmost every combination of cat backs a mid pipes in person.....and the mac 3 inch was deff the LOUDEST AND DEEPEST....now im not sayin its the best 1 for quality cause i know they tips are chrome so they will might rust in a couple years if u dont take care of them....BUT THAT IS THE LOUDEST 1 OUT......so i cant vote cause its not on the poll:nonono: :shrug:

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
How can you have an exhaust poll without Flowmaster? Go with MRT H pipe(cat) and American Thunder Flowmaster! It is loud when you need it to be and sounds good at idle. No crackling at all!!! Sounds like a big block!!!

davidmax

Established Member
Stingers rule call for low price 480-517-4969/Dave Smilovic

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
Originally posted by sloopjonb
I'll just have to put a vote in for Steeda (Borla) catbacks with stock H-pipe, but then I may be biased. Authoritative but not obnoxious. WOT is impressive sounding.

Ditto! That is the same set-up I'm gonna be getting.

As far as the deepest sounding old school American Muscle sound Bassani X-pipe with the Borla Stinger or SLP cat back.

blnpny

Banned
i'm running off road x and steeda cat-bac.way deep sound,i don't really like it but eveyone else does. real thoaty sound

jleews6

Established Member
I have the Dynomax 3" cat back and I love the sound.It reminds me of a 427sc cobra.Real deep and it rumbles in the mid range.I dont have any dyno numbers but it does feel much stronger.Im going to the track in a couple weeks so we will see how it performs.:beer:

mjtpolice76

Established Member
flows with o/r Mac X pipe. everyone that hears it says it sounds good. It took a while to grow on me.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I got flowmasters with o/r Bassani X. It's not bad, but I'm gonna get the slps...

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Are you talking about Flowmasters on a 2003/4 Cobra? If so, I am satisfied with 397 RWHP with a 9" cone filter and Flowmaster AT catback on my otherwise stock 2003...

Also love the non-crackling, musclecar burble they produce with the stock H-pipe :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

The first HP mods I did were the KN & Flowmasters. I took it to the dyno: 398 RWHP / 385 ft-lbs.

I noticed someone posted that they lost low-end with the Flows.
:??: I was making 365 ft-lbs @ 2400 rpm.

I love the deep sound without the popping. I'm making more HP now, but I still have the Flows. :beer:

jjksutton

Rookie for Life
Established Member
It's all a matter of personal preference...I have a 1970 Mach 1 that I originally just had straight pipes on...well that was way past out of control so I put flowmasters in and it sounds just like a 1970 Mach 1 should sound. Deep, rumbly (sp?) old school muscle.

Now for the Cobra, I didn't want that sound. I put maggies on and I think it sounds just like it should...but that's what I like. If you're trying to make an exhaust decision based on sound alone, you should really go out and listen to each set up you are considering. A recording is not really all that good in my opinion. You have to consider the equipment used to make the recording and the equipment you're listening to it with.

If you are considering performance, I think there's a pretty good bit of info on about what each system will give you.

Just my opinion...

Jeff

Cobra-Master

Established Member
I just put a Bassani CB with stock H on my car last week, and it sounds incredible... very deep and rumbly. Definetely sounds better than the same old Flowmaster sound IMO.

I can't wait for the X-pipe!

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
The answer is MAC. You said you wanted deep and loud old school muscle and MAC is it. Also makes great power.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
PostBan is right, the exhaust coices are looking to be more of a preference poll than a "deep sounding" poll which is what was originally intended.

The Bassani setup does not sound deep to me. It has more of a NASCAR wail at high revs, which I like. After looking at a lot (and I mean A LOT) of videos on this board and others, the deepest sounding exhaust was the Kooks longtube with offroad H pipe and an unknown catback...it's the red car that was the install model for the Kooks headers a while back. Ran an 11 second time in the video I saw, and was the Voice of God LOUD. The file name is Cobra1165 on my hard drive. A strong runner up would be the stock H with Magnaflow catback. Much less expensive and probably easier to live with on a daily basis. Have you seen the video for that one? Magnaflow2 is the file name...maybe you could do a search for these and watch them.

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Top_Fuel
Deep and loud at WOT but otherwise reasonable = Steeda :thumbsup:

Deep and loud with no concern for interior comfort or attracting cops = Stinger :uh oh: :-D

-Greg

After much research, I think I want to go with the Steeda. Is it full stainless? Where is the best place to purchase the Steeda(it seems to be fairly hard to get your hands on one)? Does anyone have any hard numbers with this catback compared to others or vs stock?

Thanks!:)

Users who are viewing this thread