Deep Sounding Exhaust Poll For 2004 Cobra

Which is the deepest exhaust? NON Pop & Crackle!

• Bassani Catback

Votes: 23 5.7%
  • Bassani Catback + Bassani X-Pipe

Votes: 93 23.0%
  • Magnaflow Catback

Votes: 55 13.6%
  • Magnaflow Catback + Magnaflow X-Pipe

Votes: 58 14.3%
  • Bassani Catback + MAC Prochamber

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Magnaflow Catback + MAC Prochamber

Votes: 31 7.7%
  • Stinger Catback

Votes: 108 26.7%
  • Stinger Catback + MAC Prochamber

Votes: 59 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
I'm going to go with an unlisted combo....
Flowmaster catback with MAC or BBK H-pipe. This combo has a very deep and old school sound. Go offroad if you want to be heard a mile away.;-)

Last edited:

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by Matt03Snake
After much research, I think I want to go with the Steeda. Is it full stainless? Where is the best place to purchase the Steeda(it seems to be fairly hard to get your hands on one)? Does anyone have any hard numbers with this catback compared to others or vs stock?

Thanks!:)

Anyone with the Steeda have any numbers on the before and after for this catback?

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Ok, I just installed my new Steeda Catback last night and love it! It's a perfect sound for me. It's very low and calm until you don't want it to be. Like someone said earlier: it's loud enough to get the point across without being annoying.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Well, you left off the Steeda's and they are deeper than the Stinger, with no drone and no pop only a burble on decel.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Anyone with the Steeda have any numbers on the before and after for this catback?

See my link for the dyno, with FIPK and Steeda's.

Matt03Snake

Established Member
Thanks, looks like a good 24RWHP and 6ft/lbs TQ was gained with the catback and air filter. Not too bad... I need to get to the dyno soon.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I had 9K miles when I did the switch. I am very happy with it. Let us know how your numbers come out!

TimBurntire

Established Member
We just put a spintech 3" muffler and tailpipe setup on Pauls car and gained 31rwhp. Not bad and sound is low and tough sounding. No xpipe yet, we're going one step at a time to try and create the best positive hp setup available.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
...just installed my new Steeda Catback last night and love it
If you don't mind me asking... where did you buy it and how much? My brother and I are both going to go with the Steeda cat-back in the next couple of weeks.

-Greg

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Got mine at Blue Oval Performance. They are $548 right now.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Last stupid question...I swear! ;-)

Did you guys pay $548 out-the-door, or did you have to pay for shipping? I just wondered if you guys had used some secret coupon code to get free shipping. I'm ready to pull the trigger and order today.

-Greg

04silversnake

Established Member
I love the sound of my Borla Stinger whith the stock H pipe. it has a deep tone. not too loud, I gess because it still have all 4 cats. I would like to get a free flow h pipe catted and it may even sound deeper and louder.

whippleblown03

Established Member
i have just a UPR off road x-pipe with stock cat back. i am ordering the mac 3" cat back. i watched the video of broke7 drag racing and it sounds nasty mean. thats what i am going for. might be to loud for some. but i drive pretty safe on the street. and car i a weekend only car . with the UPR and stock mufflers it is still pretty quiet. as quiet as it is it has to be real restrective. :lol:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Well... Blue Oval Performace is out of stock, and they tell me that the Steeda cat-backs are on national backorder?!?! Oh yeah, they also raised their price from $548 to $609 :dw: :kaboom:

Anyone buy a Steeda cat-back lately??? If so, where??? :shrug:

-Greg

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
My 3" FRPP M55 is pretty damn deep. Still have the stock H and when decelerating it sounds like thunder. :D

Users who are viewing this thread