"Deer Slayer's" mystic update!!!

lastdeployment

Established Member
Rob (Blown86) and his guys have been working hard on this car. He has been calling me with updates and now has sent me some pictures as well. Check out the progress...
mysticbodyworkstart1.jpg

mysticbodyworkstart2.jpg

Hood being prepped :banana:
mysticbodyworkstart5.jpg

mysticbodyworkstart8.jpg

All nice and shiny...
mysticbodyworkstart9.jpg

Front bumper
mysticbodyworkstart13.jpg

Rear bumper
mysticbodywork13JUN084.jpg

Dents repaired
mysticbodywork13JUN081.jpg

mysticbodywork13JUN082.jpg

mysticbodywork13JUN083.jpg

Hood fit check
mysticbodyworkstart14.jpg

I'll bring you more as I get them... :beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I hate to see a car in that state. But I know when the paint's dry and the last coat of wax goes on, it'll look better than new.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Good deal!!! Bet you cant wait to get it back. How is everything going with the other two vehicles?

Last edited:

lastdeployment

Established Member
Both of us are anxious to get the car back, but I'm not rushing anyone. I'd rather have Rob and guys take their time and make it right.

The other 2 cars are doing ok... I finished the engine change in the lumina about a week ago. Shannon drove it to Six Flags and the power steering hose split. She fought the car all the way home from Upper Marlboro area. I just replaced that hose at 6am this morning so she could drive to work. Pump sounds like it's cavatating but hopefully it will work itself out. My black Cobra is in need of some work now. Got a temporary ground for the starter to work, found my oil leak to be at the #3 plug valve cover rubber gasket, and the clutch is on it's way out... Once the mystic is back home, I can start some work on my black one.

snakestang

I Drive A Volvo
Established Member
Looking good man! Looks to be in great hands.

You think he might have enough paint to do another Saleen wing? I can bring the wing and cash!

Chris

Last edited:

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
Looking good man! Looks to be in great hands.

You think he might have enough paint to do another Saleen wing? I can bring the wing and cash!

Chris

I doubt that there will be any leftover paint were painting 3/4 of the car and a set of valve covers. But if there is any talk to Chris (lastdeployment) and ask him what he wants to do with the leftovers, the paint is quite expensive. So he might want to keep it for a rainy day

Foxstang

Established Member
Subscribing to this one, Do you have any pictures of the car showing the s281 spoiler?

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
I'll take a picture tomorrow of the rear spoiler, I'll have updated photos tomorrow showing more progress the car is now in primer.

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
How hard was it to obtain the paint? Did the Ford rep. have to come down to be near you while you painted it? Just curious because I have a mystic myself..

lastdeployment

Established Member
New Pics

mysticpaintprogress20.jpg

mysticpaintprogress28.jpg

mysticprimer3.jpg

mysticpaintprogress3.jpg

mysticpaintprogress5.jpg

mysticpaintprogress8.jpg

mysticpaintprogress10.jpg

mysticpaintprogress14.jpg

mysticpaintprogress16.jpg

mysticpaintprogress18.jpg

The car looks absolutely amazing!! :rockon: Rob, I really appreciate all the work and effort that has gone into this project. The updates and photos you've sent have got me going crazy to get the car and drive it!! :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread