Demon vs. 720s

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Haha thunder thighs. That’s funny right there. I might be the only person to say this. But the problem is Rodgers. Anyone willing to let Munn go is retarded

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
So, On Hellcat.org, a lady named Leah ran a bone stock 9.65. Jim wilder ran a bone stock 9.66. Everyone else I can find that was the same speed or faster has either changed their tires or switched to E85.

If you go to Demon 1/4 mile time list. you can see a running list. Leah and Jim both updated their cars and have new (faster) times listed. If you want to know how they did it, I would recommend you join and PM them. There are plenty of threads of people talking about it too. Just look.

I said I was gonna do more research, but I lied. That's all I'm doing because its Christmas eve and my wife is yelling at me for being on the phone and computer.

Merry Christmas...

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Now your deferring away from the context. They claimed several things. Top speed not one of them.
Claims: 0-60 2.3
Quarter mile 9.65@140
Fastest and quickest production car in the world.

Only the 0-60 has been verified. All the rest not a single soul on the planet can prove.

There is video of the car doing it and it has been certified by the NHRA. So, I am a bit confused by your post.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Like I said before. I have a footlong you know what.

Just speculation until I pull my pants down.

They can tell me how they did it all day long. Until there is verifiable proof. Then they like you are just smoke.

Merry Christmas marcspaz. I hope you don’t continue to embarrass yourself on the subject it’s not worth it.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
The car has never been nhra certified for 9.65. That’s not how they certify cars. It has actually been said now I can’t prove this. But I’ve heard nhra won’t even let them run if they actually figure out omhow to run any kind of 9 second time.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
So, On Hellcat.org, a lady named Leah ran a bone stock 9.65. Jim wilder ran a bone stock 9.66. Everyone else I can find that was the same speed or faster has either changed their tires or switched to E85.

If you go to Demon 1/4 mile time list. you can see a running list. Leah and Jim both updated their cars and have new (faster) times listed. If you want to know how they did it, I would recommend you join and PM them. There are plenty of threads of people talking about it too. Just look.

I said I was gonna do more research, but I lied. That's all I'm doing because its Christmas eve and my wife is yelling at me for being on the phone and computer.

Merry Christmas...
So PM random people because their ET's are for modified cars you claim were stock at some point with no proof.

Marc's proof looks a lot like this.

Burns%20Shedding.gif

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Glen gray is a close personal friend of mine. He and I talked about this a length last spring. And he did say there was never proof that the car ran those numbers. He simply said if it does it will be in violation of the rules. Now since the car has been out it has ran faster than the rules allow. But 10.00@135 is the limit not 9.65@140. He went on to say dodge immediately started with there excuses. So really dodge built a car that the consumer can’t even take full advantage of. The thing is already to heavy adding the necessary safety equipment to make it legal would most likely slow it down more. The times you see where the car has gone anything better than 9.9’s have been modified in some way it may be a tune it may be fuel it may be tires it may be 1000ft. Doesn’t matter to me. All piss pour excuses. The car is a gimik plain and simple. Fiat made a killing on it and they are the real winners here.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Do this for me. Find the person that was driving the car when it went 9.65@140. I will talk with that person about it and get to the bottom of it for you.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
The car has never been nhra certified for 9.65. That’s not how they certify cars. It has actually been said now I can’t prove this. But I’ve heard nhra won’t even let them run if they actually figure out omhow to run any kind of 9 second time.

Couple things, it wasn't certified to run a 9.65, it was certified that it's 9.65 run was faster than what their rules allowed in terms of safety equipment.

Why are you trolling? The car was verified to run a [email protected] at Gainesville raceway.

My phone isn't letting me embed these so I apologize...

http://rsmg.pbsrc.com/albums/v642/S...n letter_zpsdtsi6vxd.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

That's the nhra letter to remind you, and...

https://www.moparmax.com/2017/may/images/09b_demon_timeslip.jpg?crc=3771243502

That's the actual timeslip of the 9.65 run. Take note, DA the night of that run was -760. 43 degrees, 65% humidity, baro was 30.16, literal mineshaft conditions.

Closest I could find to the 9.65 was a demon that ran 9.86. Only non stock part on the car was the front wheels were weld skinnies. So I concede to you that it's not stock but if you're going to base an argument that a car isn't capable of running the times because of front wheel choices then it's my opinion you have problems with denial and accepting reality.

Stock power, stock tire Demon runs a 9.86

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
A couple of things. The car never went 9.65. Not trolling. Don’t you think if the car really went 9.65 after the production and test cars have been out now almost 18 months that the entire world would now it by now. Come on man. Get real with your thoughts. I can print up a time slip. And it has been know that the car they used for the hero run was a pre production car. Not for sale to the public. Hence pre production. Not a real car. All the cars sold to public are different than the one magical pre production car. And I will argue that you know nothing about drag racing when a car goes 9.86 regardless of the front wheels. That’s still not 9.65. And to make up .21 seconds at that level requires a lot more than you can imagine.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
These cars are at max effort trying there best to pull off this 9.65 and not 1 single car of the 3000 made in the last 18 months other than modified or pre production have achieved this. I will stop arguing on the subject once I’m proven wrong. And I will state again. I’m not upset the car is fast. There is no doubt the car is freaking fast. I’m just tired of people arguing with simple facts. Plain and simple the car hasn’t gone 9.65. And never will. I’m stock form. Dodge and there secret driver and pre production car have done it. But they still have a problem proving it.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I think you meant 140.9. Not 149.9.

I know the letter. I’ve read the letter. Glen stated the car was pre production. Which allows it to make a pass on a private track under private rental time. It also took that pre production car 17 passes to achieve that time. And for the record those are both best figures. The trap speed and time weren’t accomplished on same pass.

I know a lot more than you think guys. You don’t know me from Adam.

I do know what I’m talking about. And the truth hurts.

Deal with it.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I guess I should have stated before I was there. I know the driver wink wink. And I know exactly what the car is capable of. That’s why I’ve said it’s freaking fast. No doubt. But when a manufacturer makes bold claims and can’t reproduce them with production cars it tends to piss people off especially people envolved in the process.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I think I can help settle this for everyone.

Let's all put some money in a GoFundMe so we can buy me a Demon.

I'll proceed to run it at the strip every weekend until we are all sufficiently satisfied whether or not the car is capable of accomplishing the feat bone stock.

If each of you only donate $5000, we can buy me the car with just 30 donors (we need to cover those taxes too....gift tax...stupid government)

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I’m going to settle this. I have access to a stock demon. I’m going to take it to Florida to the same track the pre production car was one. And destroy it until it hits 9 something. The owner of this car couldn’t be more disappointed with it and would like nothing more than that to happen.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I guess I should have stated before I was there. I know the driver wink wink. And I know exactly what the car is capable of. That’s why I’ve said it’s freaking fast. No doubt. But when a manufacturer makes bold claims and can’t reproduce them with production cars it tends to piss people off especially people envolved in the process.

You were where, exactly? What driver are you saying you know?

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
I don’t understand the problem. If a production car went 9.65 this should be verifiable. Unfortunately it isn’t. That’s why the argument exists. This will never go away until it happens.
All of this could have been avoided had fiat not made false claims. 9.86 is getting it done and there is no disrespect to that car or driver. I want to make that clear.

Users who are viewing this thread