Derek Jeter is a pussy, and a cheating ****

stangposse

Established Member
Can't blame him....blame the umps. That was a clear foul ball. I know its a little lame to act as hurt as he did, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do to get on base.

Don't worry....he'll get plunked next time out against TB; no doubt about it.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Don't be mad at Jeter... he is being smart and trying to win. There are no rules against what he did, I dont see how you can call him a cheater. Pretty ignorant.

That kind of stuff happens in every sport believe it or not. Sometimes its called, sometimes it isn't.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
He was playing in a game that could possibly decide the toughest division in baseball, what would you do in his situation? It's no worse than the players that flop in the NBA or in soccer, it all falls on the refs or umps to catch it and they didn't.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
He was playing in a game that could possibly decide the toughest division in baseball, what would you do in his situation? It's no worse than the players that flop in the NBA or in soccer, it all falls on the refs or umps to catch it and they didn't.

+1
Jeter did what he had to do. It's the umps fault that he got on base. Jeter is one of my most respected MLB players. Calling him a cheat is a disgrace to what he has accomplished and to how he has acted throughout his entire career. Class act.

Mayo5

Established Member

+1. This is what he was getting paid to do. You do whatever you can to get on base, especially in that game and under those circumstances.

This is coming from someone who hates the Yankee's as well.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I like Jeter.

In the huge slump he is having his job is to get on base no matter what. The umps should have known, they didnt.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Punters/kickers barely get touch and flop on the ground like a dying fish.

WR's get touched and have a hissy fit while screaming for pass interference.

Basketball players grab jerseys in the paint and almost every point guard palms the ball and travels.

It's part of the game OP, it's not cheating, it's playing the game and making the official do his job. Officials get it right or wrong. So go "f" yourself

BlownAway05

Established Member
It wasn't a foul ball, the ball went into fair play and the Rays made the out at 1st.

The downfall is that Jeter may not get the benefit of the doubt the next time there is a close pitch while he's batting, considering after the umps watch the replay, Jeter basically made them look like fools.

I understand why Jeter did it (important game, Yankees are losing), but since I am a Rays fan, I am going to talk as much sh*t about him as I can. He is a little b*tch, having his worse season, knows it, and doesn't trust himself to swing the bat so he has to be deceptful to get on base.:rolling:

If the situation was reversed, I'm sure any Yankee's fan would take the opportunity to talk a little smack, regardless if they agree or disagree with how the player handled himself. When the series is this close, gotta get your smack talk in wherever you can.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
If I'm the MLB umpire that made that call I won't be giving Mr. Jeter a favorable call the next time I have to make a close decision that involves him.

GodStang

Established Member
Punters/kickers barely get touch and flop on the ground like a dying fish.

WR's get touched and have a hissy fit while screaming for pass interference.

Basketball players grab jerseys in the paint and almost every point guard palms the ball and travels.

It's part of the game OP, it's not cheating, it's playing the game and making the official do his job. Officials get it right or wrong. So go "f" yourself

Agree with this. To the OP your a dumb ass!! He was doing what he is getting paid millions to do...try and get on base. If the umps are dumb enough to miss it than not his fault.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
what he did was no different than a receiver in football acting like he caught a ball that he trapped after it hit the ground.

CSD

Banned
And to say Jeter is a pussy is downright ignorant. Apparently you missed the July 1st game in 2004 when he dived face first into the stands to catch a foul ball. Fans helped Derek stand up as he was dazed, bruised, and bloody.

Baseball is full of charades. Catchers framing pitches, outfielders selling a trap catch, etc. Jeter’s phantom hit by pitch is no different.

Try and remove your head from your ass next time you start a thread.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
I'm surprised Mike hasn't posted in this thread yet. LOL

I agree with the others, its the umps fault. Jeter is one the greatest Yanks ever to play the game. Well respected in the league.

This' coming from a Marlins fan.

Users who are viewing this thread