Diablo Predator Tuner

SVTJES

Established Member
Het Fellas,

Is this tuner something worth waiting on? I am ready to purchase a chip and pulley for my 03 L, but did not want to order an extra ECU for warranty issues. A good friend of the family owns a Ford Dealer who I deal with, but from the sounds of it Ford will inspect the vehicle for any Mods if claim is over a certain $$. I doubt they will have a 6 LB program ready in the next 2 weeks, I may have to do the chip! Let me know what you think

Thanks,

John

03DOHC

Established Member
Well, it was supposed to be released 2 weeks ago and that changed to 5 more days. 4 weeks ago they said 2 weeks and 4 weeks before that they said 2 more weeks. 2 months before that they said 2weeks and 2 months before that they said 4-5 weeks. Your guess is as good as theirs.:-D

ShadowLightning

Established Member
Last i heard they went back to testing and engineering with them to get them right so...I'm sure you wont see them for at least another month or two. :shrug:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I heard through a reliable source it is going to be a long while on them if ever. The kinks are many!

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Dan,

I think even I'm giving up. Looking to install the 2.93 and hook up with Byron for the tune. Oh well, the preditor was a great idea. Too bad it never happened. What comes next, nitrous? I see you've been looking into octane additives. Let me know if you find anything. See ya at the next dyno day :)

Charlie

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
Dan,

I think even I'm giving up. Looking to install the 2.93 and hook up with Byron for the tune. Oh well, the preditor was a great idea. Too bad it never happened. What comes next, nitrous? I see you've been looking into octane additives. Let me know if you find anything. See ya at the next dyno day :)

Charlie
Charlie, you have a PM.

Safetyguy

Established Member
Yesterday I received this message from Diablo regarding their release of a Lightning specific Predator: "ASAP is the only answer I have." Just can't believe an established company can't offer a proposed release date for its product.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Well i got just got my faxed in dealer info from Diablo...I ordered a few chips from them last summer but becuase of family health problems I did not continue the account...ANYWAYS...the Ford Predator tuner is listed with retail prices so i emailed them asking if they are ava. I have had 3 customers ask for them in the last2 weeks...i will let you guys know what they say.

BOOOOST

Established Member
Just can't believe an established company can't offer a proposed release date for its product.

Why are you being so hard on them? It's the DEALERS that are hyping this product, NOT DiabloSport. DiabloSport has given NO release dates, nor any other firm information than other that it is being developed. It is highly unfair of those who treat DiabloSport like this.

ANYWAYS...the Ford Predator tuner is listed with retail prices so i emailed them asking if they are ava.

First, it may be to your advantage to contact the Admin about becoming a supporting vendor on this site.

Second, the Predator for the Fords is NOT available, yet. This is old news.

SVTJES

Established Member
Not choosing sides but its the same deal for the dealers who get the catalog with prices and part numbers and try to order it for their customers with no success. I delt with this while I worked for a motorsports dealer throughout college. I would see great new featured items in the catalog with prices and part numbers that still had not been manufactured yet. The pictures in the catalog were "One-offs!" This drives the customers as well as the dealers insane!
So once you understand the whole story you can post your unbiased reactions!

Later

SVTJES

Safetyguy

Established Member
Highly unfair, huh? After contacting several dealers (I'd rather not disclose them) they advised me that Diablosport conveyed to them that its expected to be another 2-4 weeks. This has repeated itself numerous times. I have personally corresponded with Diablosport and been told "soon" and "ASAP." So Mr. Booost, as a consumer I feel its highly unfair to repeatedly set an expectation and then not live up to it. I've been waiting for months in eager anticipation of their product and my enthusiasm dwindles as time passes. Just set a date, even if its December 25th, 2003 and stand behind it. Those who are patient will wait.

Originally posted by BOOOOST
Why are you being so hard on them? It's the DEALERS that are hyping this product, NOT DiabloSport. DiabloSport has given NO release dates, nor any other firm information than other that it is being developed. It is highly unfair of those who treat DiabloSport like this.

First, it may be to your advantage to contact the Admin about becoming a supporting vendor on this site.

Second, the Predator for the Fords is NOT available, yet. This is old news.

Users who are viewing this thread