Diary of an On3 Twin Turbo Install

JTS_7

Established Member
^ Seems to be hit or miss, depending on which 8 year old welder builds your mani. One of my customers had a better looking and fitting kit than mine also. However two other looked the same as mine. They all had the same "thin" wall material, which will crack. This one literally had a large straight crack across a larger portion of the manifold that opened up. Not a huge deal I guess, at least it's fixable.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
That's scary. I looked over my manifolds before installing and the welds and material looked good. But now I'm second guessing my inspection..

JTS_7

Established Member
I'm not the first and I won't be the last. Buddy of mine out in Texas had his front two runners completely snap off from the flange. He ended up welding a metal rod from the manifold flange to somewhere on the manifold to help support it.

Could the reason for the thicker manifolds I keep hearing about. Either way they are made of the typical cheap Chinese material used on pretty much every eBay manifolds for years.

I would deff spot check them every so often. I did not notice until these were out of the car because there isn't much space in the car.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Yeah, I've had an ebay header on my supra for at least 6 years. Not one issue at all. I do have my exhaust supported however, so the header is not holding too much weight.
I will hope and pray nothing breaks on my ON3.

stang910

Established Member
I just got my cold side in from being backordered and realized I'm missing a bunch of t-bolt clamps and some couplers, but I was able to route the piping in the pic. I tried to route the piping and couplers like this and didn't get very far with it so I moved some things around and everything fits perfectly.

OP if you would like to fix this diagram move both 90* couplers down one spot and put the straight couplers in their place. The pipes are correct just the couplers are wrong.

I also have the new cast manifolds and didn't run into any install issues that are shown in this and other threads, in fact I was very impressed with how well everything fit.
ColdSide%20Pipe%20Diagram.png

Gearheadz

Crazy Car Guy
Established Member
what do you mean you donno if On3 will allow you to test fit. If you have one in your hands put that shit on so we can know. The faster you tell us it actually works the faster money flys out of our pockets! I personally do not trust a single word from On3 because they claimed the kit fits perfectly but here we are with a revised manifold to fix the fitment issue. They will say what they can to keep selling the "old" kit with out replacing the defective part. Just saying man real world experience from a 3rd party goes real far. Thanks for the info thus far its cool to see a shop working with this "piece of shit useless kit" lol.

heres the new manifolds, with the same wedge spacer and the larger housings on a mock up engine!

FB_IMG_1459900231234_zpstemqquau.jpg

FB_IMG_1459900234924_zpsrlp8tmlo.jpg

12932945_10153762926673071_4554800958660673050_n_zpsha2cwjia.jpg

i dont know, these so called "piece of shit worthless kits" seem to work time and time again. hell i have so many on3 builds under me now its not even funny!

infact the op here called me today to order a gasket.. since this car still isnt done.

ill offer the owner of this car to send it to me and ill get it to stop leaking Perry, i know you are on here some where! we spoke in lenght today..lmao :dw:

but i will be doing a step by step on the next install of one of these i do myself, since like i ALWAYS SAY, the included instructions suck...lmao :bash:

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\That looks like a real good deal Gearheadz for the complete install price. If I would have known about this, I would have just dropped my car off to you guys instead of what I'm dealing with right now.

Gearheadz

Crazy Car Guy
Established Member
/\That looks like a real good deal Gearheadz for the complete install price. If I would have known about this, I would have just dropped my car off to you guys instead of what I'm dealing with right now.

once they get their back order crap together i have one coming in from texas (auto car) thats getting the kit with fuel system, hes installing the converter and oil pump gears now him self.

im going to use that one to do a step by step install and clean up my write up install thread for these.

ive been working with on3 for a long time now, the kits are what they are. cheap. but IMO its bang for the buck. save 4k over the next kit, hell i can get them in and installed tuned out the door for the price of a hellion, even with a clutch in a stick car.....

:rolling:

so i dont bitch none with a kit i have to work with it a touch more then say, any of the other kits out there....

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Like you said, these kits are what they are. You buy this kit because its cheap and go into it knowing their issues. To hop on here and FB complaining about it is just silly. I bought this knowing it wasn't going to be an issue free install but for what I paid w/67mm turbos (minus WGs and BOV) I bought Tials, a fore fuel system and once tuned I'll still be at or below the cost of a hellion.

Last edited:

bottle fed 14

Established Member
I think the new manifolds look great the price gearheadz offers installed with full fuel system coated blankets wrapped tuned was great he was very helpful and knowledgeable if I were doing this kit I would have him do it

LaYote302

I think the new manifolds look great the price gearheadz offers installed with full fuel system coated blankets wrapped tuned was great he was very helpful and knowledgeable if I were doing this kit I would have him do it
How much was it if you dont mind me asking

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread