Diary of an On3 Twin Turbo Install

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
The kit comes with On3 brand air filters (non-oiled).

On3 will NOT give you the proper bolts for the 13-14.

The oil feed lines have 90* fittings on both ends.

If you would....
Please post when you get it completed and let me know what the shop charged you to finish it and first impressions after.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Idk if you got it running or not, but the intercooler piping is not right on the passenger side. that is why it does not fit.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
My intnercooler piping is different than OP's. If I remember correctly, this is the one of the few places the instructions actually came in handy. There isn't any pics for it, but it was worded well enough for me to tell where each piece went. The clocking of the S shaped driver side intercooler pipe was a different story. It took longer than I care to admit to get that bastard in there correctly.

lphooper03

Established Member
Yeah, that IC piping is no joke. Cold side should have been easy peasy. I struggled with it for a while, but with a good amount of text messaging back and forth with Gimmie11's, he told me that the J one went on the passenger side and then everything started making sense. I don't know how it would have worked any other way really. I'd love to see pictures of a different setup though.

****Update****

Took the car over to Midnight Performance. Manuel Gomez is hooking me up to fix the exhaust leak that I have. Come to find that it is at the header and is going to be a bit more of a job than we both expected, so he'll work on it coming up next Monday. He was able to get it to seal up a little bit better, but the header needs to come off and it needs to be retightened and RTV'ed. It will be ready to go shortly. Car sounds good so far and I'm about to start datalogging so Chris Holmes can get the tune a little bit closer...just won't get it on the dyno for the final dial in until the exhaust leak is completely fixed.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, that IC piping is no joke. Cold side should have been easy peasy. I struggled with it for a while, but with a good amount of text messaging back and forth with Gimmie11's, he told me that the J one went on the passenger side and then everything started making sense. I don't know how it would have worked any other way really. I'd love to see pictures of a different setup though.

****Update****

Took the car over to Midnight Performance. Manuel Gomez is hooking me up to fix the exhaust leak that I have. Come to find that it is at the header and is going to be a bit more of a job than we both expected, so he'll work on it coming up next Monday. He was able to get it to seal up a little bit better, but the header needs to come off and it needs to be retightened and RTV'ed. It will be ready to go shortly. Car sounds good so far and I'm about to start datalogging so Chris Holmes can get the tune a little bit closer...just won't get it on the dyno for the final dial in until the exhaust leak is completely fixed.

Rtv ing a header? That a new way to fix something?

JTS_7

Established Member
Sweet on3 manifolds after 10k miles 5+ cracks combined. Keep an eye out on yours guys. Here are a few:

This one cracked over 3/4 the way around. Almost broke off.

5ottls.jpg

28salxt.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread