did any one try the jlt super big CF 155mm intake on tvs?

albaluma

Established Member
did any one try the jlt super big CF 155mm on tvs?

I have 127mm jlt intake and I am changing it to 155mm.

aviary_1342848821046.jpeg

bossnova3

Established Member
I'm also gonna try the 155mm but my tuner told me that it wouldn't be that much of a difference with my TVS

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
155 seems to be bit of a overkill IMO. Unless the car is setup as a racer. I run the 123 CJ, and it has room to spare. If you wanted to go bigger, I agree with Jay on the CJ 140 instead.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
All you will do is kill down low resolution and the signal to the meter...that tube and a stock meter are good to 2200hp !!!!!!! Way too big. There is no power to be gained by going that big. Shit the 140 CJ supports enough CFM to make 1600hp the meter just needs to be recal'd if anything and driveability is very good. I run a CJ 140 & my own custom 147mm intake tube....couldnt be happier.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Interesting. I thought that would be overkill? Did you pick up any noticeable gains?

That's not why I use it. Pls see below.

I'm also gonna try the 155mm but my tuner told me that it wouldn't be that much of a difference with my TVS

Hmmmmmm. ;)

All you will do is kill down low resolution and the signal to the meter...that tube and a stock meter are good to 2200hp !!!!!!! Way too big. There is no power to be gained by going that big. Shit the 140 CJ supports enough CFM to make 1600hp the meter just needs to be recal'd if anything and driveability is very good. I run a CJ 140 & my own custom 147mm intake tube....couldnt be happier.

I went to the 148mm (and 140 would have, in fact, been enough) because the 127mm was maxed with my config for the R&D we were doing with GEN II. 2.40 and a 15%. I wanted head room for whatever we were going to do. Jay is 100% correct, the resolution down low is a challenge. Hey, Jay, check it out.......bottom of the barrel, huh?

Long story short, it is an outstanding intake if you need it. I like it a ton. I max it at 4.05v. Unless you're making a ton of power and you're racing it (a lot), JLT's other offerings are a better choice for most people. We exclusively do the 123 and 127 mm intakes with our 800 HP GEN II kits.

bj

low maf volts.JPGlow maf off curve.JPG

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Wow BJ the voltage is way down on Maf V...goes to show the range is rediculous and really not needed for a street car. My Maf volts at my current power level is 4.3v we have a 100 or so hp left before a recal is required...a 140mm is really all anyone needs. Who makes your 148mm ?

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Wow BJ the voltage is way down on Maf V...goes to show the range is rediculous and really not needed for a street car. My Maf volts at my current power level is 4.3v we have a 100 or so hp left before a recal is required...a 140mm is really all anyone needs. Who makes your 148mm ?

It's the black plastic JLT. Like I said, great for what I'm doing either R&D, racing, etc with a lotta WOT work. Driving to Dairy Queen? Not so much unless your tuner really knows what he/she is doing. Just doing the math and scaling up gave me a reasonable place to start, but it requires time on the low end.

bj

Last edited:

69b302

Established Member
will see after tuning the car if its overkill or there is a benefit from changing to 155mm

Most of the reason to upgrade MAF diameter to to increase the MAF range. You might see some gains from reducing intake restriction. Are you pegging the current 127MM or just upgrading for more power? Your tuner will need to re-do the MAF data points, so you have some resolution down low. There are also some low end thresholds that might need to be tweaked since you will have a very low MAF count at idle.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
I run the Plastic 148 as well like BJ. Took some massaging to the heat shield to get it to fit good.
Gen2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread