Did anyone have to clock thier procharger?

TBolton

Established Member
I'm reading more on the p1x headunits....seems they are physically bigger than the standard p1sc. I think this addresses my concerns of why I don't have as much wiggle room.

TBolton

Established Member
These lower pipes and upper throttle body hose look ok?

I got the lowers as high up as I could... it helped that I was able to pull the intercooler forward more.

As for the throttle body hose... Is it supposed to be that close to the coolant tank? It's just barely rubbing it.
cc5ef7087e3e444d80e2372ecf4d3a4e.jpg
843a743feb01a55b4f609dd425e72fa4.jpg
6b0aa242452eb7876ee3d98c918205ce.jpg

fuelforfire87

Established Member
The pipes look fine. They do hang kinda low. If you want to reinstall the splash guard you will have to cut holes where the pipes protrude. Regarding the throttle body pipe, mine is the same way. I have the coolant tank pushed as far forward as possible but it is still touches.

TBolton

Established Member
Awesome....thank you!

Today was the first day that it was above 30 degrees and I got to tweak on it a little bit and fix some things.

I'm still not impressed with the way the surge valve is mounted... Just hanging off at 90 degree elbow rubber hose dangling inside the bumper cover.

The car seem to drive pretty good except when you put it in sport mode it wants to tap off the limiter a couple times before it shifts... And I don't like that but when it's in regular driving mode it seems to do okay.

TBolton

Established Member
Also while this threads at the top... Can someone with an automatic and ProCharger post pics of the vacuum manifold they installed?

The instructions read kind of weird on that and I want to make sure I have what I have hooked up correctly.

The way the instructions read it shows to do all your connections near the throttle body with that manifold they provide... But then another picture there's some kind of weird manifold plastic Junction that's by the brake booster... I don't have that. That looks what I removed at the throttle body.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Also while this threads at the top... Can someone with an automatic and ProCharger post pics of the vacuum manifold they installed?

The instructions read kind of weird on that and I want to make sure I have what I have hooked up correctly.

The way the instructions read it shows to do all your connections near the throttle body with that manifold they provide... But then another picture there's some kind of weird manifold plastic Junction that's by the brake booster... I don't have that. That looks what I removed at the throttle body.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/exP6OuxFsUpSTAFU2

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Awesome....thank you!

Today was the first day that it was above 30 degrees and I got to tweak on it a little bit and fix some things.

I'm still not impressed with the way the surge valve is mounted... Just hanging off at 90 degree elbow rubber hose dangling inside the bumper cover.

The car seem to drive pretty good except when you put it in sport mode it wants to tap off the limiter a couple times before it shifts... And I don't like that but when it's in regular driving mode it seems to do okay.

The procharger tune does not TOUCH the trans portion of the file. If you are banging the limiter your trans is either slipping or simply can't keep up with the speed, get a street/track tune and have your shift points dialed in. BTW I made 578/465 with my street tune

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Does your vacuum line not have a metal line that runs along the fuel injector rail that goes back to the booster?
It does but not mounted in that pic, I'll see if I can find a better one without my engine cover on. Unfortunately I have the engine cover and stb on now

TBolton

Established Member
The procharger tune does not TOUCH the trans portion of the file. If you are banging the limiter your trans is either slipping or simply can't keep up with the speed, get a street/track tune and have your shift points dialed in. BTW I made 578/465 with my street tune
Thanks Bill....i doubt it's slipping....or hope not. Only 24k miles on it and running 300 treadwear tires.

As usual....you were right. I'm just going to have to get an actual tune on the car.

6203dde7bb32548333c2d7640f1e312b.jpg

TBolton

Established Member
It does but not mounted in that pic, I'll see if I can find a better one without my engine cover on. Unfortunately I have the engine cover and stb on now
I think I found the problem... I forgot to relocate that plastic vacuum thing that was at the front to the back of the car where the booster is... So it was blowing boost into the brake booster.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Bill....i doubt it's slipping....or hope not. Only 24k miles on it and running 300 treadwear tires.

As usual....you were right. I'm just going to have to get an actual tune on the car.

View attachment 1460105

1st gear on the street at wot is going to be useless, virtually impossible to tune for seeing as you'll just be spinning. 2nd is my fun gear, 20-75mph in second, starts breaking the tires loose at 4500 rpms

TBolton

Established Member
I'm doing pulls in 2nd shifting to 3rd then letting out or jus using manual mode at putting it in 3rd at 3k rpms and running up to 7k then letting out.

Sizeth3

Established Member

TBolton

Established Member
I actually drove the car to work today and while everything went great... It did throw a check engine light but it was just like ProCharger said and was for the catalytic converters.

I went back out and looked at that low-hanging pipe and I've got about two or two and a half inches I can probably push it more up into the rubber coupler.

TBolton

Established Member
Much better on the drivers pipe. With it not being 30 degrees....that rubber coupler was slot more pliable.

Finally gave in and had Palm beach dyno tune it. Simply amazing now....not so much hp....but driveabilty and shifts.

Also no CEL. :)

Just need to get a catch can set up and cosmetic up a couple vacuum hoses/clamps and it'll be finished.

Did the vent/boost gauge thing....7psi.

457123f6d87fc12f61ae368e81b58619.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread