Did i make a $3800 mistake????

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
I ordered a set of SSR GT-03 rims from a shop in jersey who mostly deals with tuning hondas. I ordered them 18 by9.5 front and 18 by 10.5 in the rear with the factory cobra offset of 26mm. I just looked at the order form and they have down factory cobra\GT offset. Aren't there different offsets because gt's have a SRA???? I've been waiting for them to be made since January and am expecting them to be delivered on May 16th. Did I mess up big time or if they dont fit can I just run a spacer??

SpectorV

Established Member
ive often wondered the same question SRA vs IRS offset~ if anything the rear wont stick out enough so you would want spacers but it depends if they offset was accounted for in the extra rim width (aka to much of the rim on the inside)

for the rear of an 03/04 cobra figure out the backspacing, now subtract the width (10.5 or what ever) from the backspacing. What you are left with is the frontspacing. You want this to be 3.75-4.0 inches for a flush look in the rear and 3.5 will work great if you dont want to roll the fender lips for sure (3.75 may clear)

Front on my 18x9's are about 3" front spaced.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I think your going to be ok. All I know is you better show us some pics asap..lol

Users who are viewing this thread