did you get a steal when you purchased your cobra?

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
I certainly paid more than blue book for mine. But it came with an aluminum block with upgraded internals and whatnot. Basically all the boltons and a 2.3l Whipple.

03cobraracer

Established Member
At the time it wasn't a bad deal. Paid $25k back in 2004 for my 03 with 15k miles on it. At the time that was a pretty good deal! I wanted a new one as 04's were still in the showroom but I was 20 yrs old and just couldn't swing it financially lol. Still got her now at 106k miles(on the body) and counting. I love this car.

socalrdnck

Established Member
Just recently bought mine. Paid 20k I'm 2nd owner and car has 30k miles.
Mods included
H&r sport springs
Mm caster camber plates
JLT intake
2.76 pulley with idlers
Bassani cat back
Bassani xpipe
Mgw shifter

Car is also in like new condition

Hotsawce

Established Member
Purchased mine a few weeks ago. I'm the 2nd owner, garaged and covered car, fantastic condition, pretty much stock (only a Borla Touring CB), 17,000mi - $19k.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
'03 24k miles
2.81 upper
JLT CAI
FRPP Rear diff cover/FTBR Kit/ Stifflers SFC/MM camber plates/ lowered on Eibachs
Catback Magnaflow exhaust
$21k 18 Months ago.

8gtoklr

Established Member
I got a new engine long block with updated head gaskets, clutch,drive shaft, t56 ford racing, new diff 4.10, intercooloer pump, touch screen head unit and speakers for the price of a high mile car WIN WIN mods were @98,000...I bought at 114,000 and car has 137,000

Last edited:

Lance SVT

Established Member
I paid $15K for my 1 owner 2003 mineral grey cobra coupe with 49K miles. It came with a Kenne Bell 2.6H and a Magnum T56 transmission. Also it came with the stock T56 trans which I sold as well as an extra set of black chrome FR500's with tires. Basically after selling all the extra parts that came with the car, I ended up paying around 13K or a little bit less.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I bought mine in Sept of 03 with 1400 miles on it for 29k. I would not say I stole it by any means but beings the dealers around here were getting 5-6k over sticker I felt at the time I did pretty good. My car right now only has 12k miles on it and I have thought about selling it but I know I could never replace it since it still looks new and even smells new when you open a door on it.

Noreast

Established Member
I bought mine in Sept of 03 with 1400 miles on it for 29k. I would not say I stole it by any means but beings the dealers around here were getting 5-6k over sticker I felt at the time I did pretty good. My car right now only has 12k miles on it and I have thought about selling it but I know I could never replace it since it still looks new and even smells new when you open a door on it.

your car describes what someone was looking for in another thread lol

oldmodman

Established Member
Got mine new in October 2002 and paid sticker, no markup.

But it was crazy what most California dealers were demanding for them. 5k, 10K, and even 15K over list were not uncommon.

Then two years later I wish I had grabbed a brand new 2004 Mystichrome I saw at a dealership in Oregon. 3K rebate, $29,995 price, plus to sales tax in Oregon.

I sure wish I had grabbed it.

MG0h3

Established Member
I paid $15K for my 1 owner 2003 mineral grey cobra coupe with 49K miles. It came with a Kenne Bell 2.6H and a Magnum T56 transmission. Also it came with the stock T56 trans which I sold as well as an extra set of black chrome FR500's with tires. Basically after selling all the extra parts that came with the car, I ended up paying around 13K or a little bit less.

^^^thats a steal right there!

RichM1983

Established Member
I have had three Cobras.

Cobra 1:
I got it from a sports car dealer in VA for 11,900 with like 118,000 miles I think. It was kind of rough all around but I had a blast in the short time I had it and its all I could afford. I sold it to a local used car dealer for what I had in it. THEY SOLD IT FOR $18,000 to some local idiot!!! Wish I could find a sucker like that lol.

Cobra 2: The real steal!
I got it from my father-in-law who worked at a dealer. This guy came in and wanted a new Tahoe. I got the Cobra for $15,000 OTD. It had 32,000 miles, silver in color, black FR500's, Steg ported blower and supporting mods. It was super clean. I ended up selling it for $18,000 to a guy in Ohio with less than 35,000 miles. I didn't enjoy this car as much as the first one because I never drove it. Stupid.....

Cobra #3: The Uh Oh lol
I got this car for $13,000 after taxes and all and it is basically stock with 80,xxx miles. When I'm done getting it back to where it belongs I'll have about $15,000 in it and I think it will be worth close to that but hope I never have to sell this one.

I love these cars!

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
I think I stole mine... paid $21k (guy wouldn't budge) with 38k miles. It was decently modified: steggy stage 4 port, cai, aftermarket expansion and coolant reservoir tanks, 10.5 rear wheels, headers, o/r x pipe, MagnaFlow catback, billetflow idlers and 2.76 pulley, 4lb lower, touch screen head unit with amp, 26 spline input shaft, ram clutch, steeda FWA adjuster, tubular k member, fidanza flywheel, sxt tuner.

He had no idea what he had... he got if from a friend who modified the car. All he knew was it was a cobra. Wasn't my first choice of color I really wanted sonic blue but black was on my list.

I've had to fix a few things on it: alt shit out on the ride home, clutch cable broke few weeks later, put poly control arm and rear spring isolaters in, new clutch and a custom tune from Pete at performance dyno. Still need to put the tubular front control arms in to replace stock arms and install 2.93 blower pulley and get it retuned.

Love the car the day I got it and still loving it.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Great stories guys. Brings a smile to my face and I remember that day I got mine.

My wife was 9 months pregnant with our second child. I was off work and stopped by that Saturday to check on stuff. I saw the car and was like WHO'S CAR IS THAT!!!

They said they were taking it on trade. I told my GM I'll buy it TODAY.

So exciting :)

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Nope. lol

I did get it for a fair price considering the market, but I wasn't much worried about it because it was exactly what I was looking for.

I did get a good deal on my OW Cobra, kept it for 5 years and sold it for a profit.

Brian, you really did get a great deal in your car.

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
2nd owner - 03 9600 miles, purchased in Oct 09 $23,999 bought with mods in sig minus the FTBR IRS bushings, Killer Chiller/Jabsco IC pump, and CAI.

I felt it was a great deal, since I would be most likely installing all the mods anyways......

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
This thread brings back so many memories.

August of 03, brand new right off the show room floor. I paid 32,000 even WITH TAX out the door. I remember seeing one of the guys walking to my car with a drill and that stupid license plate bracket to install it. I ran over and said whoa whoa buddy, stop lol. Put that shit in the trunk. If you drill im not taking the car. Deals over. Guy stepped back um ok, I will take it to get it washed. I said no, I will wash my car. Let me just drive my baby home.

Quick Strike

Established Member
My 10th Anniversary Convertible was also 32K new from the dealer in September of 03. I used my Brother in Law's A-Plan and Ford was doing $2500 cash back in that month. It stickered at 41K and people had paid 5K or more over sticker just to get them when they came out. These were the hottest thing out there then!

Users who are viewing this thread